A question in regards to getting attacked by the enemy

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, I have noticed that whenever I look into things about the coming one world government and like documentaries or books on these topics and the enemies tactics in the world today that I get extremely attacked almost to the point where I need to completely stop looking into it. The attacks got so bad today that I thought the enemy was going to take over my mind. My mind just got so confused and I couldnt overcome it and recently started again to look into this stuff. I asked my pastor and he told me to stay away from this stuff until I am stronger in my faith. Has anyone experienced this and why do you think it is happening to me and maybe this isn't the reason why it's happening? Does anyone have any wisdom?

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

31 minutes ago, allyce16 said:

Hey, I have noticed that whenever I look into things about the coming one world government and like documentaries or books on these topics and the enemies tactics in the world today that I get extremely attacked almost to the point where I need to completely stop looking into it. The attacks got so bad today that I thought the enemy was going to take over my mind. My mind just got so confused and I couldnt overcome it and recently started again to look into this stuff. I asked my pastor and he told me to stay away from this stuff until I am stronger in my faith. Has anyone experienced this and why do you think it is happening to me and maybe this isn't the reason why it's happening? Does anyone have any wisdom?

I'm with your pastor on this one.  The most important thing any of can do is to grow spiritually and learn to walk with God more closely.  The reality is that reading and viewing a bunch of material where people are guessing who the antichrist is, what is going to happen to fulfill prophecy, and similar things often ends up generating more fear and worry than it does positive spiritual growth.  I've been a Christian for over 40 years.  Way back, I used to worry about this a lot and read countless books on the subject and read Revelation extensively.  In hindsight, the main reason I was doing it was fear of the unknown.  I simply didn't have enough trust and confidence in God to just leave my future in His hands.  I wanted to figure out everything I could about what was going to happen.

Now, I don't worry about it much.   Yes, the Lord's return is closer now than when I first believed, but I've been hearing some Christians talking about how the latest newspaper headlines might be the fulfillment of prophecy for decades.  Yes, at some point they will be right.  But I'm glad I haven't spent the last 40 years worrying about it and listening to people who were wrong about various predictions.   Back then, I'd have to say that fear, doubt, and worry characterized my Christian life.  Over time, that disappeared.   If the Lord returns in my life time, cool.  If not, fine.   If persecution comes in my lifetime, I'm much better prepared to face it having walked with God for decades than if I'd spent excessive time worrying about all the possible forms it might take.

Peace, calm, contentment, and trust and confidence in God is something that emerges more and more in our lives as we spend time with God.  Over weeks, months, and years, as we see what God does in our lives and those around us, our trust and confidence in Him grows more and more.  I'd recommend taking all the time spent worrying about prophecy and put that into Bible reading, prayer, ministry, fellowship, and things that will help you grow spiritually.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

Thank you i appreciate the time you took to respond to me. I will take this seriously. If you could please keep me in prayers i deeply would appreciate it.

• Praying! 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

• Sounds like the enemy don't want you knowing or seeing the signs of the times .    So one can be lulled to sleep into thinking and just going with the flow .
  • My advice is IF the enemy is attacking your mind so bad ,   Examine your walk , really dig in the bible and learn JESUS for yourself .
  • Don't just listen to what men say about him .  YOU LEARN HIM and submit to GOD , resist the devil and he will FLEE.    Yep, that is in the bible too.
  • Get grounded in the holy bible .  I mean just get grouned and read them gosples for hours and the letters the apostels wrote  .  just read  , read and read .
  •  
  • This is Worthy 2

Thanks for the advice. That has been one of the things I have been leaning towards is just reading my bible, the hard thing for me is I like studying

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

13 hours ago, allyce16 said:

When one is attacked by Satan, Satan is trying to distract you. Whenever you feel attacked, study and pray over the Bible, not the prophecy Bible commentary books. Satan will stop the attack. He HATES when people study the Bible.

Also, check your own salvation. Be sure you've trusted Jesus sincerely, for salvation. He died and rose to pay our sin, guilt and shame.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey brother I do study my bible. But, i was specifically talking about looking into some of what you call modern things that are bringing about the one world government and how we are seeing that at work in the political, educational, religious, science and other things. Including the history since the beginning of time. Every time i look into stuff like that I get onslaughted with attacks that I can't seem to overcome even with prayer or obedience to gods word. It is very strange what happens. I was just wondering if others experienced that. I think my issue also is that I try exposing these things or witnessing to others about that. I appreciate the wisdom here, will need it. Yesterday came on me out of nowhere and scared me. I have had things similar happen before in the past so its not new to me. I just wanted to understand the root of the attacks.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

2 hours ago, allyce16 said:

Hey brother I do study my bible. But, i was specifically talking about looking into some of what you call modern things that are bringing about the one world government and how we are seeing that at work in the political, educational, religious, science and other things. Including the history since the beginning of time. Every time i look into stuff like that I get onslaughted with attacks that I can't seem to overcome even with prayer or obedience to gods word. It is very strange what happens. I was just wondering if others experienced that. I think my issue also is that I try exposing these things or witnessing to others about that. I appreciate the wisdom here, will need it. Yesterday came on me out of nowhere and scared me. I have had things similar happen before in the past so its not new to me. I just wanted to understand the root of the attacks.

You are considered a spy.....   if you know of those things, you can spread the word about them and make it more difficult for them to carry them out...   So far Satan is not allowed to just physically take over the world.  He has to convince humans to do it for him.   At least this has been my experience in dealing with him over the years.....     once you know enough about them to be a problem they will mess with your life.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/20/2018 at 7:33 PM, allyce16 said:

In war, as a soldier, the closer you fight to the battle front, the more likely you will be wounded. The further you stay away from confronting/engaging the enemy, the less of a threat you are, the less effective, the less attacked. Spiritual warfare is the Christians battle ground. Not with people .  But what/who is driving/influencing them? The demonic. As believers, God has taught us how to engage the enemy, the wiles of the devil, the adversary, seeking whom to devour. The reason God gave us weapons of warfare, is because we are in a spiritual war with spiritual enemies.

2 Corinthians 10:4
"For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds".  Ephesians 6:12 -  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
take unto you the whole armour of God, your loins girt about with
truth, the breastplate of righteousness; feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to    (quench all the fiery darts of the wicked)   the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.

We will be, as believers,  in spiritual battle as long as we breathe. We may not always realize it, or want to accept it. But we must study to show ourselves approved unto God. And continue to grow, leaving the milk of the word and getting into the meat.   When I was a young believer, for  maybe five years, I got into reading/studying a lot about the devil/ demons, and one night I read till about two o'clock, and could actually feel a heavy evil presence, so went to bed, praying mucho. The next morning at coffee, my wife told me she felt that presence also, while in our bedroom the previous night, though I thought she was asleep.  I quit reading books about the enemy, and started to concentrate upon the one who defeated our enemy, at the cross, Lord and King, Jesus. I read more and more about the promises of God, who is Light, and in Him is NO darkness, at all. I flooded/saturated my mind/heart with scripture. And Prayer. Prayer is warfare. Warfare is prayer. (spiritual) Faith, the shield of faith, is what God has given us to quench those fiery darts coming into our mind, like doubt, fear, anxiety,  etc. Faith comes by hearing, hearing by the word!  (Be of good courage and He will strengthen your heart)  I do not claim any power over the devil, rebuking him, but I claim the promises given me from God,  who has the authority. The reason you/us get attacked, is the enemy sees a soldier for Christ who isn't AWOL, but engaged, studying the word, hiding it in your heart, ready for attacks, building up the faith, and praying without ceasing.  When I'm tempted of the devil, or my mind has some lust I simply  say "Resist the devil, and he will flee from me". Usually takes replying more than once or more, as it's hard not to think about a pink elephant...:)..It really is a battle for the mind. But only those who are in Christ, with the mind of Christ, dead to sin, alive unto God. I live, but not I, but Christ lives in me. Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life.
What I came to realize from experience dealing with the battle running in my mind, was, to find preconceived faulty data stored prior to receiving a mind alive unto Christ, (strongholds) and replace it with true data, truth, the word of God. I do not blame my sin on the devil, but confess any and all sin. I agree with God, completely.  And then press on. All day long, thinking more on the goodness and mercy, and greatness, and faithfulness, of our awesome almighty ABBA, daddy. God is on the throne, and He will watch over those who are  fighting the good fight. For sure!

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

1 John 4:4 "You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world."

2Co 10:3-5  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

1 John 4:1-21  Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. ...

Rom 16:17-20  Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offenses contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and **avoid them**.  For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple. For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.  And the God of peace shall bruise satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

• This is Worthy 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 8/21/2018 at 2:11 PM, allyce16 said:

I understand--but what I'm suggesting is to turn to Bible study WHEN you are attacked. Satan will stop if you do this, quickly!

• This is Worthy 1