• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, vlad said:

Hi, brother. I have this question which I do not like myself as it reminds me of splitting hairs in medieval discussions. Here it is. As most people on the forum do not recognize stratification of sins and say that sin is a sin whatever here is a situation. If a Christian is sinning (be it adultery or any other sin) is he/she compromising his/her belief in the process of sinning, or is he/she betraying Jesus at this moment, or is it just a sinning Christian in the process of sinning. Is it not making things worse when they think and tell others before during or after the process of sinning that they would repent, pray and will be surely forgiven?

Only God really knows our heart and  if we are truly born again,as I explained Christians do sin but should not enjoy sinning and will confess their sins to God who will forgive us, we can't judge other Christians that's up to God ( are they Christians? Or in name only? Only God knows ! )

Do Christians sin?

Question: "Do Christians sin?"

Answer: Before exploring whether or not Christians sin, let’s define a couple of terms. Regardless of how tattered the word Christian has become throughout history, the biblical definition of a “Christian” is one who is a Christ-follower, a disciple of Jesus (Acts 11:26). A Christian is NOT someone who has ascribed to a particular set of religious beliefs or practices, joined a church, prayed a prayer, or participated in certain sacraments or rituals. A Christian is a person who has responded to the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 6:44) by putting his or her whole faith in the finished work of Christ for salvation (Ephesians 2:8–9; John 3:15–18). Christians are those who have repented of their sin and have made Jesus Lord of their lives (Romans 10:9–10; Acts 2:38). They are born again by the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:6–7).

“Sin” is any thought, word, or action that is contrary to the character or law of God. We all sin (Romans 3:23), and even what we consider good deeds are often tainted by selfish motives or pride (Isaiah 64:6). Left to ourselves, it is impossible to please God or to be completely free from sin (Romans 3:10; Ecclesiastes 7:10).

When we come to Christ by faith and trust Him to forgive and cleanse us of all our sin, we are in that moment born again (John 3:3). That new birth of the spirit results in a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). God gives the repentant sinner a new heart that is now turned toward obeying and pleasing Him rather than self (2 Corinthians 5:9; Romans 8:5–6). Whereas we were formerly slaves to sin, we are now “slaves to righteousness” (Romans 6:16). Sin’s control has been broken by the power of Jesus (Romans 6:6; Titus 2:14).

However, we still live in the flesh, and the flesh is prone to want what it wants. In Romans 7:21–23, Paul admits the battle between flesh and spirit in his own life: “So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.” Each battle with temptation is won or lost based upon how fully we are surrendered to the control of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16–17).

The book of 1 John was written to Christians. The apostle says, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:8–9). It is clear from this passage that even those who have been born again and redeemed by the blood of Jesus will still sin. Through thought, attitude, or action, we will “grieve” (Ephesians 4:30) and “quench” (1 Thessalonians 5:19) the Holy Spirit at times. But this passage also reassures us that God offers continual, ongoing grace whenever we agree with Him about our sin and ask for His cleansing.

However, other passages clarify the boundaries of this ocean of grace. First John 3:6 says, “No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.” Verse 9 says that those who have been “born of God” will not continue to live sinfully. The implication is that this is not a matter of trying harder. Rather, it is the equivalent of saying, “A fish cannot remain on land for long because its nature is to seek water.” A fish could flop onto the shore and survive for a short time. But it was not made for land and cannot continue there. When we are born again, our natures change, and we cannot continue in sin. Christ not only erases our past sin; He also transforms our hearts so that we no longer desire it (Colossians 2:13–14).

Paul asked, “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1–2). Although Christians will still sin after being saved, the heart change that the Holy Spirit brings will result in a new attitude toward sin. Sin cannot continue being a lifestyle choice if we have surrendered our lives to Jesus. That’s what it means to say that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9; Colossians 2:6). We have a new boss. We cannot be followers of Christ and followers of sin at the same time. They are going in opposite directions (Luke 9:23; 14:33). Romans 12:2instructs, “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Renewal can take some time, but it is a process that produces a change of behavior.

When a true child of God goes astray, our Father administers discipline to bring him back into obedience. Hebrews 12:7–8 says, “It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.” If a professing Christian can choose a lifestyle of sin without experiencing enough discipline to bring him to repentance, then according to this Scripture, it is highly unlikely that that person is a child of God.

Do Christians sin? Yes. Do they willfully continue in sin? No. Scripture indicates that, while we will always “fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23), we have the hope that the power of God is at work in us to “make us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image” (2 Corinthians 3:18, NLT).

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/07/1946

16 hours ago, angels4u said:

Only God really knows our heart and  if we are truly born again,as I explained Christians do sin but should not enjoy sinning and will confess their sins to God who will forgive us, we can't judge other Christians that's up to God ( are they Christians? Or in name only? Only God knows ! )

Do Christians sin?

Answer: Before exploring whether or not Christians sin, let’s define a couple of terms. Regardless of how tattered the word Christian has become throughout history, the biblical definition of a “Christian” is one who is a Christ-follower, a disciple of Jesus (Acts 11:26). A Christian is NOT someone who has ascribed to a particular set of religious beliefs or practices, joined a church, prayed a prayer, or participated in certain sacraments or rituals. A Christian is a person who has responded to the conviction of the Holy Spirit (John 6:44) by putting his or her whole faith in the finished work of Christ for salvation (Ephesians 2:8–9; John 3:15–18). Christians are those who have repented of their sin and have made Jesus Lord of their lives (Romans 10:9–10; Acts 2:38). They are born again by the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:6–7).

“Sin” is any thought, word, or action that is contrary to the character or law of God. We all sin (Romans 3:23), and even what we consider good deeds are often tainted by selfish motives or pride (Isaiah 64:6). Left to ourselves, it is impossible to please God or to be completely free from sin (Romans 3:10; Ecclesiastes 7:10).

When we come to Christ by faith and trust Him to forgive and cleanse us of all our sin, we are in that moment born again (John 3:3). That new birth of the spirit results in a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). God gives the repentant sinner a new heart that is now turned toward obeying and pleasing Him rather than self (2 Corinthians 5:9; Romans 8:5–6). Whereas we were formerly slaves to sin, we are now “slaves to righteousness” (Romans 6:16). Sin’s control has been broken by the power of Jesus (Romans 6:6; Titus 2:14).

However, we still live in the flesh, and the flesh is prone to want what it wants. In Romans 7:21–23, Paul admits the battle between flesh and spirit in his own life: “So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me.” Each battle with temptation is won or lost based upon how fully we are surrendered to the control of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:16–17).

The book of 1 John was written to Christians. The apostle says, “If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:8–9). It is clear from this passage that even those who have been born again and redeemed by the blood of Jesus will still sin. Through thought, attitude, or action, we will “grieve” (Ephesians 4:30) and “quench” (1 Thessalonians 5:19) the Holy Spirit at times. But this passage also reassures us that God offers continual, ongoing grace whenever we agree with Him about our sin and ask for His cleansing.

However, other passages clarify the boundaries of this ocean of grace. First John 3:6 says, “No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him.” Verse 9 says that those who have been “born of God” will not continue to live sinfully. The implication is that this is not a matter of trying harder. Rather, it is the equivalent of saying, “A fish cannot remain on land for long because its nature is to seek water.” A fish could flop onto the shore and survive for a short time. But it was not made for land and cannot continue there. When we are born again, our natures change, and we cannot continue in sin. Christ not only erases our past sin; He also transforms our hearts so that we no longer desire it (Colossians 2:13–14).

Paul asked, “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1–2). Although Christians will still sin after being saved, the heart change that the Holy Spirit brings will result in a new attitude toward sin. Sin cannot continue being a lifestyle choice if we have surrendered our lives to Jesus. That’s what it means to say that Jesus is Lord (Romans 10:9; Colossians 2:6). We have a new boss. We cannot be followers of Christ and followers of sin at the same time. They are going in opposite directions (Luke 9:23; 14:33). Romans 12:2instructs, “Be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Renewal can take some time, but it is a process that produces a change of behavior.

When a true child of God goes astray, our Father administers discipline to bring him back into obedience. Hebrews 12:7–8 says, “It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline? If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.” If a professing Christian can choose a lifestyle of sin without experiencing enough discipline to bring him to repentance, then according to this Scripture, it is highly unlikely that that person is a child of God.

Do Christians sin? Yes. Do they willfully continue in sin? No. Scripture indicates that, while we will always “fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23), we have the hope that the power of God is at work in us to “make us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image” (2 Corinthians 3:18, NLT).

There is a different tradition of different churches. In my experience people are warned not to repeat the same sin after repentance. When you repent you promise not to repeat the same sin. You can not break your promise before God without punishment. There is punishment. Being a Christian is not getting indulgence for ever. Do you fear God? I do. I love God and fear God. When you say you may sin without enjoying your sin it is not clear. If sin did not bring bodily or some other material pleasure (enjoyment) people would not sin. Can anyone sin with sadness? 

16 hours ago, angels4u said:

Do Christians sin?

Not quite clear about sinning. I do not agree that Christians are not sinning willfully and other people willfully. That is just a wishful thinking. People sin in the same way. 

Guest Kevin0203

I wonder If God knew what his creation would do? Why did God put a tree with forbidden fruit of knowledge of good and evil in the garden? Did Eve really know what she was doing was wrong? I figure how could she right. Think on this. Adam and Eve didn't know bad only good right. So why would she not eat the fruit if she doesn't know consciences? We know right and wrong because of that first sin. Also God said he can't be tempted or does he temp but their are many scripture that counters that and one particular is Job. So Lucifer tempted God that he could break Job and God so was tempted and then God tempted Lucifer right back. Weird!!! 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

41 minutes ago, vlad said:

Not quite clear about sinning. I do not agree that Christians are not sinning willfully and other people willfully. That is just a wishful thinking. People sin in the same way. 

Please listen to this video ,  it's very interesting and it tells you where we should go with strongholds and why people have them in their life.

Guest 1sheep
7 minutes ago, Kevin0203 said:

I wonder If God knew what his creation would do? Why did God put a tree with forbidden fruit of knowledge of good and evil in the garden? Did Eve really know what she was doing was wrong? I figure how could she right. Think on this. Adam and Eve didn't know bad only good right. So why would she not eat the fruit if she doesn't know consciences? We know right and wrong because of that first sin. Also God said he can't be tempted or does he temp but their are many scripture that counters that and one particular is Job. So Lucifer tempted God that he could break Job and God so was tempted and then God tempted Lucifer right back. Weird!!! 

What is weird is your analysis of it. God is perfection and the definition of HOLINESS. God cannot be tempted. 

As far as the account of Jobs plight; satan ( not lucifer; he fell from that estate) wanted to see how righteous Job would be if the Lord allowed him to do all the things that he did.

Job was guilty of vanity and pride. God uses satan to GLORIFY HIMSELF and for no other reason. It glorifies the Lord for his followers to be molded into the likeness of his son.

God is sovereign. He is the beginning and the end. He doesnt get into " tempting matches" with the one whose days are numbered by GOD.

Jobs testing was done to humble him . It did!

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am of the flesh, sold under sin. For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
(Rom 7:14-24)

Allah is not our God. Ours is One of mercy and grace through Jesus Christ. That tradition would only breed self righteous pharisees.

Who said that Allah was my God? If we have denominational differences that does not give you the right to judge me. I would not like to communicate with you. Please disregard my posts and I shall disregard yours.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

Please listen to this video ,  it's very interesting and it tells you where we should go with strongholds and why people have them in their life.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

That's not what I meant. The God you described (one sin ask for forgiveness, repeat the sin and he punishes you is the allah god, that's what I meant).

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

That's not what I meant. The God you described (one sin ask for forgiveness, repeat the sin and he punishes you is the allah god, that's what I meant).

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

It is all right so far. I do not insist on anyone to accept that. But I accept it literally:

1 John 3 King James Version (KJV)

And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

9 hours ago, Yowm said:

Your passage is speaking of sin as a pattern or even a habit. It does not mean 3 strikes and you're out! The born again Christian is not like that.

And so...

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
(1Jn 1:8-10)

As I said I take the words of St.John literally and correct even today. This truth is not pleasant. Human beings prefer encouraging and pleasant things that is why they seek what they want to find. In my opinion past sin was forgiven but not all the possible future sins. There may be many modern explanations and theories of sin to every taste. We have the freedom to differ without pressing each other or opposing each other with corresponding citations on each side. . As I said I personally  take the words literally. May be some other people share my point of view. And that is all. I do not accuse any one else nor do I allege that they are surely wrong. No point arguing. As someone said in a form of a joke to every 10 people in this forum there are 12 opinions. There is no changing that. Agreeing to deffer is the best and the most peaceful and loving each other way out. We will find it all out after death.