• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/10/1970

An Auxiliary Power Unit is a device used to provide energy for functions other than propulsion. It is used to run the electrical systems of a large aircraft, while on the ground. Before the engines are to be turned, the APU is started by a battery or a hydraulic accumulator. Its primary purpose is to provide power to start the engines.

For a vehicle with a flat battery, we either try to jump-start it or use another vehicle battery to get the engine up and running (An allegory)

This is exactly what we experience at new-birth. The Spirit of the Lord uses the righteousness, faith, and obedience of Christ to jump-start our new beginning in Christ. This righteousness is imputed to all who are willing to walk in the steps of that faith of the father Abraham - Rom 4:12 - KJV. We have become the elect of God through sanctification of the Spirit unto obedience - 1Pet 1:2/Rom 1:5/6:16/Gal 3:1/Eph 2:2/James 1:21. And when you walk after the Spirit in obedience to the word of Christ, the righteousness of the law shall be fulfilled in us too - Rom 8:4. When the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature (the new nature) the things contained in the law - it shew the work of the law written in their hearts (the new covenant- Heb 8:10/10:16), their conscience also bearing witness* (Rom 9:1 - for the unbeliever his/her conscience is defiled and are reprobate- Titus 1:15,16), *and their thoughts the mean while accusing or excusing one another - Rom 2:14,15. Wherefore, when the uncircumcision (the Gentile believer) keep the righteousness of the law by walking after the Spirit unto obedience - 1Pet 1:2/Rom 6:16, they shall be counted for circumcision - Rom 2:26-29. I hear multitudes say that we must continue in that child-like state of relying on the righteousness of Christ alone, instead of using the righteousness of Christ to propel oneself to a higher realm in the spirit to bring forth fruit unto righteousness by His Spirit. Aren't we being instructed by the Spirit of God to run a race? Consider His righteousness as an after-burner, which most of the military supersonic aircrafts uses that provides an increase in thrust, usually for supersonic flights, takeoffs, and in combat situations. When required, pilots can activate and deactivate it in flight. We also have an afterburner too - Jesus Christ! In times of need, to obtain mercy and to find help - we are instructed to come boldly unto the throne of grace - Heb 4:16 - but not all the time. When we were dead in our sins, hath he quickened us - Col 2:13. You are now complete in Christ/made alive - Col 2:10/1Cor 15:22 - Complete:our spirit was dead in Adam and henceforth, the hearts were darkened - Through Jesus Christ, the first-born of God, He restored us back everything that we had lost in Adam and much more, and made He us complete. When we couldn’t function on our own, through His Son, God hath quickened our spirits through His Spirit, by faith, expecting us to become fully functional beings for which we are created. Therefore leaving the principles (the fundamentals) of the doctrine of Christ* (not disregarding but abiding in it - 2John 1:9), *let us go on unto perfection - Heb 6:1/1Pet 5:10/Phil 3:15 - the wholesome words, the doctrine which is according to godliness - 1Tim 6:3. When you become a man (no more a child according to the spirit) -1Cor 3:2,3/13:11/Heb 5:13,14, mature in spirit, become skilful in the word of righteousness - Heb 5:13 - and follow afterrighteousness* (without spot and blameless and harmless sons of God, walking in the purity of mind and spirit, keeping yourself unspotted form the world, calling on the Lord out of a pure heart - 2Pet 3:14/ 1Thess 5:22,23/Phil 2:15/Luke 1:6/2Cor 7:1/1Tim 1:5/ 4:12/5:2,22/1John 3:3/1Pet 1:22/James 1:27/ 2Tim 2:22), *godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness - 1Tim 6:11 - partaking of the divine nature and His holiness - 2Pet 1:4/Heb 12:10 - pressing towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus - 2Pet 1:10/Phil 3:15/Phil 3:12 - having your faith tried - 1Pet 1:7,9/4:12/Heb 11:17/James 1:3 - from a servant' status to a brother beloved - Philemon 1:10-16 - then you begin your own flight with the might your inner man possesses - Eph 3:16. A lamb cannot be led, but follows the ewe’s sound and smell; their vision is limited and is incapable of sensing danger - but the sheep hears the master - Jesus said, my sheep hear my voice - John 10:27. The new-birth stage also reflects these examples, which I’ve put forth: God uses the righteousness, faith and obedience of Christ to jump-start us through His Spirit. That does not mean God want us to continue in that stage forever. We are being told to leave that basis and move on unto perfection - Our heavenly Father expects us to be conformed to the image of His first-born, unto a perfect man - Eph 4:13,14. God wants us to be perfect even as He is and be holy as He is - Matt 5: 48/1Pet 1:16. I often hear, pastors still encouraging the hearers to rely on the righteousness of Christ on a daily basis, instead of challenging them to put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness - Eph 4:24 - and grow unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. Putting on the new-man is like putting on the Lord Jesus - Rom 13:14/Col 3:10/Eph 4:24 - Didn’t Christ leave an example that we should follow his steps? - 1Pet 1:21 Why would he left us an example expecting us to walk, even as he walked, if we are to only rely on his righteousness on a continuous basis considering ourselves as worthless creatures; when in fact, we are raised together with Him in Baptism to walk in newness of life/ to serve in newness of spirit? - Rom 6:4/ 7:5,6/1John 2:6 Know that, as he is, so are we in this world -1John 4:17. We must arm ourselves with the same mind of Christ, mustn’t we? 1Pet 4:1/Heb 12:2,3 - If Jesus had to be taught obedience and had to be made perfect according to the flesh, how much more we? - Heb 2:10/5:8,9. The word of the truth of the gospel, which came unto us, brought forth fruit unto us, don’t it? Col 1:5,6/Rom 7:4/John 15:16. Be ye followers of God, as dear children - Eph 5:1,2.

God expects us to bring forth fruit, to yield the peaceable fruit of righteousness - Heb 12:11/Rom 6:16 - and to become like Jesus. Our elder brother hath paved us a way through death, for us to imitate him, to please God as he did too.

1 John 3:2-3: Beloved, now are we the sons of God (no more servants or just friends), and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ (Galatians 4:7).

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked (1 John 2:6).

Edited by bvthomas
to add one word
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,664
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

Welcoeme to Worthy bvthomas :) Enjoy the forums 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Welcome, bythomas

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, bvthomas said:

An Auxiliary Power Unit is a device used to provide energy for functions other than propulsion. It is used to run the electrical systems of a large aircraft, while on the ground. Before the engines are to be turned, the APU is started by a battery or a hydraulic accumulator. Its primary purpose is to provide power to start the engines.

For a vehicle with a flat battery, we either try to jump-start it or use another vehicle battery to get the engine up and running.

This is exactly what we experience at new-birth. The Spirit of the Lord uses the righteousness, faith, and obedience of Christ to jump-start our new beginning in Christ. This righteousness is imputed to all who are willing to walk in the steps of that faith of the father Abraham - Rom 4:12 - KJV. We have become the elect of God through sanctification of the Spirit unto obedience - 1Pet 1:2/Rom 1:5/6:16/Gal 3:1/Eph 2:2/James 1:21. And when you walk after the Spirit in obedience to the word of Christ, the righteousness of the law shall be fulfilled in us too - Rom 8:4. When the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature(the new nature) the things contained in the law - it shew the work of the law written in their hearts (the new covenant- Heb 8:10/10:16), their conscience also bearing witness* (Rom 9:1 - for the unbeliever his/her conscience is defiled and are reprobate- Titus 1:15,16), *and their thoughts the mean while accusing or excusing one another - Rom 2:14,15. Wherefore, when the uncircumcision (the Gentile believer) keep the righteousness of the law by walking after the Spirit unto obedience - 1Pet 1:2/Rom 6:16, they shall be counted for circumcision - Rom 2:26-29. I hear multitudes say that we must continue in that child-like state of relying on the righteousness of Christ alone, instead of using the righteousness of Christ to propel oneself to a higher realm in the spirit to bring forth fruit unto righteousness by His Spirit. Aren't we being instructed by the Spirit of God to run a race? Consider His righteousness as an after-burner, which most of the military supersonic aircrafts uses that provides an increase in thrust, usually for supersonic flights, takeoffs, and in combat situations. When required, pilots can activate and deactivate it in flight. We also have an afterburner too - Jesus Christ! In times of need, to obtain mercy and to find help - we are instructed to come boldly unto the throne of grace - Heb 4:16 - but not all the time. When we were dead in our sins, hath he quickened us - Col 2:13. You are now complete in Christ/made alive - Col 2:10/1Cor 15:22 - Complete:our spirit was dead in Adam and henceforth, the hearts were darkened - Through Jesus Christ, the first-born of God, He restored us back everything that we had lost in Adam and much more, and made He us complete. When we couldn’t function on our own, through His Son, God hath quickened our spirits through His Spirit, by faith, expecting us to become fully functional beings for which we are created. Therefore leaving the principles (the fundamentals) of the doctrine of Christ* (not disregarding but abiding in it - 2John 1:9), *let us go on unto perfection - Heb 6:1/1Pet 5:10/Phil 3:15 - the wholesome words, the doctrine which is according to godliness - 1Tim 6:3. When you become a man (no more a child according to the spirit) -1Cor 3:2,3/13:11/Heb 5:13,14, mature in spirit, become skilful in the word of righteousness - Heb 5:13 - and follow afterrighteousness* (without spot and blameless and harmless sons of God, walking in the purity of mind and spirit, keeping yourself unspotted form the world, calling on the Lord out of a pure heart - 2Pet 3:14/ 1Thess 5:22,23/Phil 2:15/Luke 1:6/2Cor 7:1/1Tim 1:5/ 4:12/5:2,22/1John 3:3/1Pet 1:22/James 1:27/ 2Tim 2:22), *godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness - 1Tim 6:11 - partaking of the divine nature and His holiness - 2Pet 1:4/Heb 12:10 - pressing towards the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus - 2Pet 1:10/Phil 3:15/Phil 3:12 - having your faith tried - 1Pet 1:7,9/4:12/Heb 11:17/James 1:3 - from a servant' status to a brother beloved - Philemon 1:10-16 - then you begin your own flight with the might your inner man possesses - Eph 3:16. A lamb cannot be led, but follows the ewe’s sound and smell; their vision is limited and is incapable of sensing danger - but the sheep hears the master - Jesus said, my sheep hear my voice - John 10:27. The new-birth stage also reflects these examples, which I’ve put forth: God uses the righteousness, faith and obedience of Christ to jump-start us through His Spirit. That does not mean God want us to continue in that stage forever. We are being told to leave that basis and move on unto perfection - Our heavenly Father expects us to be conformed to the image of His first-born, unto a perfect man - Eph 4:13,14. God wants us to be perfect even as He is and be holy as He is - Matt 5: 48/1Pet 1:16. I often hear, pastors still encouraging the hearers to rely on the righteousness of Christ on a daily basis, instead of challenging them to put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness - Eph 4:24 - and grow unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. Putting on the new-man is like putting on the Lord Jesus - Rom 13:14/Col 3:10/Eph 4:24 - Didn’t Christ leave an example that we should follow his steps? - 1Pet 1:21 Why would he left us an example expecting us to walk, even as he walked, if we are to only rely on his righteousness on a continuous basis considering ourselves as worthless creatures; when in fact, we are raised together with Him in Baptism to walk in newness of life/ to serve in newness of spirit? - Rom 6:4/ 7:5,6/1John 2:6 Know that, as he is, so are we in this world -1John 4:17. We must arm ourselves with the same mind of Christ, mustn’t we? 1Pet 4:1/Heb 12:2,3 - If Jesus had to be taught obedience and had to be made perfect according to the flesh, how much more we? - Heb 2:10/5:8,9. The word of the truth of the gospel, which came unto us, brought forth fruit unto us, don’t it? Col 1:5,6/Rom 7:4/John 15:16. Be ye followers of God, as dear children - Eph 5:1,2.

God expects us to bring forth fruit, to yield the peaceable fruit of righteousness - Heb 12:11/Rom 6:16 - and to become like Jesus. Our elder brother hath paved us a way through death, for us to imitate him, to please God as he did too.

1 John 3:2-3: Beloved, now are we the sons of God (no more servants or just friends), and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ (Galatians 4:7).

He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked (1 John 2:6).

Hello BVThomas! welcome to Worthy!

Cheers!!! :)

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.72
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Welcome.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,019
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,308
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

Hi and welcome!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 9/15/2018 at 7:53 AM, bvthomas said:

to get the engine up and running.

This is exactly what we experience at new-birth.

Hi and welcome.

Boy that is quite different from my own experience. I did not get  a jump start. I got a shutdown and a demand to turn about. It was a stunner to me. I was crushed, humbled, and broken, to my own repentance from my own sin against God, my denial of God's existence, and  was then brought to the point i had to reject all that I knew to be so, and to turn instead to God's son Jesus as called to do directly by the Holy Spirit.- to be born again, not jump started. A new person not  a restarted old person.

For me it was nothing like having a jump start, an accelerant. It instead was being made to trash what I was altogether! Then  to be built  not of my own doing , but instead to be built as the Holy Spirit revealed and led. It was not easy.  It was flat out traumatic. A jump start? No not for me it was not.

And so I just do not think there is a "we" when it comes being born again. It is not so much a common experience as it is a unique one. The Holy spirit will do what the Holy Spirit wills to do in revealing Christ Jesus.

The testimonies at Baptisms seem to share of  the vast diversity of circumstance from which each are individually called to their own repentance and to turning about to God. Some are cute almost, precious little stories of the young, others are hard stories of the much older, some of which make one squirm in hearing them of those that come out of great despair late in life, and yet many others come from differing beliefs in other gods.

Each are very different, each are amazing to hear a see and celebrate. I love to hear the stories of the turning about to Jesus! They seem to be a story of humblings, of breaking, and of new lives.

But if the specific call by the Holy Spirit seems like a jump start to another brother or sister then  that is what it is to them individually. And it is wondrous, all that are called to their own salvation through  Jesus who is the way the truth and the life by whom all that are saved come to God  the Father.

Edited by Neighbor