IGNORED

Is Wonderful Marriage Actually Possible?

Archangel Thyos

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Face it. If you're married, your marriage probably sucks. At least that's been my experience. I've yet to see a marriage that is... how do I say... fairytale romantic.

I spent 30 years of my life chasing after women. I was chasing this, feeling. That feeling led me around like a carrot on a stick. Now I'm single and retired at the age of 30. And to be honest, I have no intention of getting married at this point. That feeling turned out to be God's presence.

So, I'm left sitting here in god's presence feeling okay, and looking back at marriage, all I hear is Divorce this or alimony that.

Is true love actually possible between a man and woman or is everyone just pretending to have true love?

Edited by Archangel Thyos
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  9,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

7 minutes ago, Archangel Thyos said:

Face it. If you're married, your marriage probably sucks. At least that's been my experience. I've yet to see a marriage that is... how do I say... fairytale romantic.

I spent 30 years of my life chasing after women. I was chasing this, feeling. That feeling led me around like a carrot on a stick. Now I'm single and retired at the age of 30. And to be honest, I have no intention of getting married at this point. That feeling turned out to be God's presence.

So, I'm left sitting here in god's presence feeling okay, and looking back at marriage, all I hear is Divorce this or alimony that.

Is true love actually possible between a man and woman or is everyone just pretending to have true love?

Hello well lets see....

Mar_10:27  And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, shanee said:

Hello well lets see....

Mar_10:27  And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible. 

good point

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

I have a great marriage .....no pretending.....sorry about your misfortune.

• Praise God! 1

It is very possible. With the right person and right attitude. Firstly put it in God's hands. Then when you meet the right person concentrate on what you can do to make them happy not the other way around. Good marriage takes work and sound principles. 

I spent a long time with the wrong man. Now i am with the right one. Oh the difference! You must be sure to have lots in common as physical attraction alone is never lasting or enough. This world teaches self centred pleasure seeking. The Bible teaches the opposite. 

Above all seek daily guidance in prayer. Do not expect any human to fulfill all your needs. That is impossible. Only Christ can fulfill our yearnings. But we do need a partner in life, it is how we are made. Life is for love and sharing. 

Hope that helps. Do not close your heart and be cynical. I did not find love until my 50s. You are very young. And get a job! Do voluntary work for others.  Focus on being fulfilled and useful yourself first. That way you are likely to meet someone wuth good values and work ethic. 30 is no age to retire. 

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

If righteousness is that thing that is sought after in a relationship and not what one or the other wants (own will). That relationship will be one that grows torwards God, and by virtue of that, be a good and successful one.  It is self, or wanting what one wants (own will) above righteousness, that ruins any and all relationships. For God is found in righteousness, and God is love. 

Much love in Christ, Not me     

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

7 hours ago, Archangel Thyos said:

Why do you ask?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

My first marriage was 20 years. It was pretty good the first ten but then she went 'round the bend and decided she didn't want to be married any more. 

My second just crossed the 20 year mark. It is "heaven on earth". We fit in every way. Our love grows every day. We simply do not fight. We pray together every day. We are a united front. 

Before I met my wife I always laughed at fairy tales that ended with "And they lived happily ever after" because I knew they had fights and loss of respect, etc. I was wrong. Some marriages really do become "happily ever after". 

I used to think chick films were "science fiction for women". I was wrong. 

If I jokingly say to my wife, "Make me a sandwich!", there is a good chance she'll hand me one 20 minutes later. And it will be GOOD.

And when she asks me to take out the trash, it's gone, immediately. That's assuming she even had to ask. 

We are a team. She knows I'm not a woman and I know she's not a man. That's how it works.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

Guest PinkBelt
13 hours ago, Archangel Thyos said:

There is a reason they are called "fairy tales". Real life is not like books and television. Marriage involves 2 people with separate brains, each with their own quirks and flaws. Obviously one should be very careful entering marriage and 30 is hardly some old man past his prime.

The divorce rate is certainly high... among baby boomers, who are the primary cause of high divorce statistics. Older generations and younger (yes millennials) are staying married and causing the rates to plummet. Do not make your life decisions based on what you see others do. Make good decisions (I wish I did) and don't get married rashly if you ever decide to. No matter who you end up with that person is as imperfect as you are, will make mistakes and do things that aggravate you. Remaining single is also okay if that's what you choose.

Edited by George
Removed a snide remark that was borderline ... George

5 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Why do you ask?

I asked God for a christian wife 4 times. I got a shaman, a luciferian, an atheist, and a christian whose family died and she gave up on God. Hardly a bunch of christians. I feel like I'm being lead on. Carrot on a stick kinda thing.