• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

what scripture is this quote from?

I was quoting myself, re-establishing my point.

What I said in my quote, is what you can find in scripture. I paraphrased in summary, the qualities Jesus maintained.

However others say, "He maintained everything, except one thing"

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

well, you have been given ample scripture to show that your position is not right, so I will leave it there.

That's a great way to leave a discussion.

Say, "you're wrong".

Without giving evidence and explanation of evidence.

Then leaving.

5 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

you have been given the evidence, and the explanation of evidence already in this thread by others. I am not going to re-post the previous posts. What you do with that knowledge is up to you.

You re-phrased your last post.

"You're wrong".

"I'm not going to explain myself"

"Bye"

Giving an out of context verse, and leaving it at that with no explanation, doesn't automatically make you right.

1 minute ago, maryjayne said:

no, you re-phrased my post in the post you just made, which I have quoted above. I didnt. I am not going to say your scriptural standpoint is right if it isnt. I have not given any verse, let alone an out of context one. 

I am not going to spend time explaining what others have already explained and have also given sound scriptural quotes to back their explanation up.

I am sorry you dont like that, and are getting aggressive about that in your response to me, but thats your choice. It is my choice, my reasonable choice, to choose to not engage in a thread any longer.

We can end it here.

We're not debating my original question anymore.

Only creating strife about vain, "I did: you did".

If you don't have an answer, move along.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

Is the Father God? Yes.

Is the Holy Spirit God? Yes.

Is Jesus God? Yes.

Is God all-knowing? Yes.

Then why does only the Father know when the final hour will be?

Interesting question. 

I’ve heard it asked before. I have heard it taught, (don’t know if it’s true)

That Jesus laid aside His Divinity to take on human form and became subject to God in a absolute dependence and only did what He saw the Father doing. That was while He was in His humiliation. After He was Glorified He took back His Divinity. 

Have no idea if this teaching is true in part or in whole but thought I’d pass it along. 

Much love in Christ, Not me  

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Not me said:

Interesting question. 

I’ve heard it asked before. I have heard it taught, (don’t know if it’s true)

That Jesus laid aside His Divinity to take on human form and became subject to God in a absolute dependence and only did what He saw the Father doing. That was while He was in His humiliation. After He was Glorified He took back His divinity. 

Have no idea if this teaching is true in part or in whole but thought I’d pass it along. 

Much love in Christ, Not me  

I understand that, but it wouldn't make sense why he says, "only the Father knows".

We can put it into perspective: did Jesus know the final hour before he became man?

If he did, then not only the Father knows, and I would doubt he was speaking for that moment. That "the Father only know's for the time being". Because in the same chapter he was prophesying, and he included angels not knowing. He said it as a general fact.

Many say, "That through the Spirit, Jesus had powers". If that's so, then the Spirit also said, through Jesus that "only the Father knows".

Meaning IN DIVINE KNOWLEDGE, Jesus spoke by the Spirit. Jesus wasn't speaking personally, that "I don't know when the Final hour is...for now, only the Father knows, but I will know later".

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  513
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,194
  • Content Per Day:  1.44

2 minutes ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

I understand that, but it wouldn't make sense why he says, "only the Father knows".

We can put it into perspective: did Jesus know the final hour before he became man?

If he did, then not only the Father knows, and I would doubt he was speaking for that moment. That "the Father only know's for the time being". Because in the same chapter he was prophesying, and he included angels not knowing. He said it as a general fact.

Many say, "That through the Spirit, Jesus had powers". If that's so, then the Spirit also said, through Jesus that "only the Father knows".

Meaning IN DIVINE KNOWLEDGE, Jesus spoke by the Spirit. Jesus wasn't speaking personally, that "I don't know when the Final hour is...for now, only the Father knows, but I will know later".

You have asked some rather interesting questions. I have no divine answers to give. But scripture does also say ; 

“the Father is greater than I”

and again

“at the end Christ Himself will subject Himself to God that God might fill all and all”

You have some valid question that I feel can only be answered by God granting you divine answers. So I wish your all the divine wisdom your heart craves after. If God does grant you these truths please share what He reveals to you. 

much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

18 hours ago, Follower Of Jesus said:

Is the Father God? Yes.

Is the Holy Spirit God? Yes.

Is Jesus God? Yes.

Is God all-knowing? Yes.

Then why does only the Father know when the final hour will be?

There are a lot of mysterious in the Bible and there are many more mysteries about God Himself. We humans like to think we're so smart and that we can understand everything. This is not true and you need a lot of humility to admit that to yourself. Maybe some people never reach this.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.33
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

18 hours ago, Yowm said:

Maybe, just maybe, this will help my position...

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise.
(Joh 5:19)

YEP this lines up with JESUS BEING THE WORD .    The WORD DOES ONLY WHAT IS SPOKEN .   

The Father is greater than I .   I came forth FROM the FATHER .   HE IS the WORD .  and the word is GOD .   HIS own essence .   His own express image .

YOU RIGHT YOWN .    you leap up and praise the LORD .     

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,197
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

People demand to bind God in His Own creation … I think because they see creation as the only way things can be :noidea:  According to God all things are possible to Himself
Mark 10:27

27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
KJV

I believe this satisfy the question of the OP completely
Matt 11:27

27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
KJV