IGNORED

Why would God create people that never had a say so in if they wanted to be here?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,558
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Not me said:

True, but I’m of the mind that sperm is a desire torward life. Looking to be filled. 

Much love in Christ, Not  me 

Yes but it has no soul. Another thing I learned in anatomy class is that the body has alot of *involuntary* actions....so again it isn't us...the sperm has no soul. 

6 minutes ago, TechEnthusiast said:

if you are hurting super badly I am so sorry. I know it must be very hard to deal sometimes. Suicide isn't the answer. Be easy friend.

No. It's just always something I thought about. 

Alot of things I've thought and wondered about.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Is it possible that your question is more about suffering and less about choice?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

The answer to these types of questions can be found in the Book Of Job. SPOILER ALERT!  God does not think He should have to answer to us. It’s none of our business.He’ll do as He desires and does not answer to us.As He so eloquently asked—— “ Where were YOU when I hung the stars? Seeing how this planet is the Domain of Satan, it is a miracle that ANYTHING good happens.Can we at least set aside our ignorance for a moment and thank our Maker for that?

I am not trying to be a jerk but Job rebukes his "friends" for their lack of compassion. God does not have to answer to us, but we will answer to him if we are not compassionate.

Edited by TechEnthusiast
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,943
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

Does his word say he knew us while we were in the womb?( I'm paraphrasing..) God has foreknowledge of who will be born. He creates/created each and every person. Who's lived and will live. 

Either He's all knowing or not

Excuse me F of E if I find you rather obtuse in your reasoning but the fact that God always knows all that is knowable doesn't mean that people pre-exist their temporal existence in the way Jesus did before His incarnation. Sure God always knows our past, present, and future, and has communicated the relevant details to us. He always has us on His mind so to speak. If we are to be the elect of God after we are born, this is foreknown of God in the sense that in eternity outside this temporal, finite dimension we are united with Him in deep, intimate, spiritual fellowship. Those who are hardened to God and reject His goodness in making redemption available to all are told to depart from Him because He never knew them in the sense of this deep, intimate, spiritual fellowship.   

Mat 7:21-27
(21)  Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22)  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23)  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.
(24)  Therefore whosoever hears these sayings of mine, and does them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
(25)  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
(26)  And every one that hears these sayings of mine, and does them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
(27)  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

I think when we talk about  he fact that God can do what he wants that we should acknowledge something very important. God is good so so good.  I suppose it really depends on how you define good. I think that God is the creator of all good things and though He does do things that cause pain, He has a very very good reason for it. God created laughter, fun, and feasts. He created friendship, and love. He is not an arbitrary tyrant who does as He pleases on some random whim. He is a Benevolent wise and good King who does what he pleases. This is a very very important distinction. The way that Jobs friends treated Job disgusted God. I mention this because just telling people God does what he wants is just what they did. This topic is very very important and should be handled with great care.

Edited by TechEnthusiast
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

51 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yes but it has no soul. Another thing I learned in anatomy class is that the body has alot of *involuntary* actions....so again it isn't us...the sperm has no soul. 

Scripture says;

“it’s the Spirit that gives life the flesh profits nothing”

Because of this scripture, I’m of the mind that all outward manifestation(s) of flesh or matter are just a outward response to the working of the Spirit torward whatever the Spirit desire is. So the cell or all flesh is itself a dead thing, (in itself). It can only manifest movement or life to the degree the spirit of the thing would have manifestion and act upon it for an outward manifestation. 

For I believe “it is the Spirit that gives life the flesh profits nothing” is an eternal truth which goes to the very ground of life. (my thoughts, could I be wrong, sure) but seeing how God is a Spirit and all life comes from Him it just seems to follow. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

52 minutes ago, TechEnthusiast said:

Is it possible that your question is more about suffering and less about choice?

Nope. My question is what I wrote. It's just about the lack of choice when we're supposed to have free will. It seems we only have free will to the extent God allows since He's sovereign.

25 minutes ago, Not me said:

Scripture says;

“it’s the Spirit that gives life the flesh profits nothing”

Because of this scripture, I’m of the mind that all outward manifestation(s) of flesh or matter are just a outward response to the working of the Spirit torward whatever the Spirit desire is. So the cell or all flesh is itself a dead thing, (in itself). It can only manifest movement or life to the degree the spirit of the thing would have manifestion and act upon it for an outward manifestation. 

For I believe “it is the Spirit that gives life the flesh profits nothing” is an eternal truth which goes to the very ground of life. (my thoughts, could I be wrong, sure) but seeing how God is a Spirit and all life comes from Him it just seems to follow. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Yes God's spirit. We can do nothing on our own. God breathes life into everything and being. Nothing is in our own strength.

• Thumbs Up 1