turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  194

Just thinking today about how God gave us the gift of humor. He also gave us the relaxation that comes from the cool animals He created. Combined, they can be a sort of therapy. A de-stresser. :D At least, that is the effect they have on me. Anyone else feel this way?

I started a thread with this combo. I named it after the first animal post there: "Did anyone else see that rock move?"

By turtletwo, October 8 in Humor! Need a good laugh? 

Please feel free to check it out. I hope it brings you some chuckles and brightens your day. :)

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,189
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

Just thinking today about how God gave us the gift of humor. He also gave us the relaxation that comes from the cool animals He created. Combined, they can be a sort of therapy. A de-stresser. :D At least, that is the effect they have on me. Anyone else feel this way?

I started a thread with this combo. I named it after the first animal post there: "Did anyone else see that rock move?"

Please feel free to check it out. I hope it brings you some chuckles and brightens your day. :)

I have often entertained the thought; 

“can you imagine just how good God’s one liners are going to be”? 

Giggling in Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Not me said:

I have often entertained the thought; 

“can you imagine just how good God’s one liners are going to be”? 

Giggling in Christ, Not me

:emot-giggle: Giggling back. :amen:Actually, Christ had some classic one liners to expose those self-righteous Pharisees.

The OT even had some (God showing the foolishness of man.) This is long, but well worth reading. This is not the cute animal humor, but rather the biting sarcasm of God disgusted with idolaters.

God tells it like it is!

Isaiah 44:6-20

Besides Me There Is No God
6Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
7Who is like me? Let him proclaim it.a
Let him declare and set it before me,
since I appointed an ancient people.
Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen.
8Fear not, nor be afraid;
have I not told you from of old and declared it?
And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
There is no Rock; I know not any.”

The Folly of Idolatry

9All who fashion idols are nothing, and the things they delight in do not profit. Their witnesses neither see nor know, that they may be put to shame.10Who fashions a god or casts an idol that is profitable for nothing? 11Behold, all his companions shall be put to shame, and the craftsmen are only human. Let them all assemble, let them stand forth. They shall be terrified; they shall be put to shame together.

12The ironsmith takes a cutting tool and works it over the coals. He fashions it with hammers and works it with his strong arm. He becomes hungry, and his strength fails; he drinks no water and is faint. 13The carpenter stretches a line; he marks it out with a pencil.b He shapes it with planes and marks it with a compass. He shapes it into the figure of a man, with the beauty of a man, to dwell in a house. 14He cuts down cedars, or he chooses a cypress tree or an oak and lets it grow strong among the trees of the forest. He plants a cedar and the rain nourishes it. 15Then it becomes fuel for a man. He takes a part of it and warms himself; he kindles a fire and bakes bread. Also he makes a god and worships it; he makes it an idol and falls down before it. 16Half of it he burns in the fire. Over the half he eats meat; he roasts it and is satisfied. Also he warms himself and says, “Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire!” 17And the rest of it he makes into a god, his idol, and falls down to it and worships it. He prays to it and says, “Deliver me, for you are my god!”

18They know not, nor do they discern, for he has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see, and their hearts, so that they cannot understand. 19No one considers, nor is there knowledge or discernment to say, “Half of it I burned in the fire; I also baked bread on its coals; I roasted meat and have eaten. And shall I make the rest of it an abomination? Shall I fall down before a block of wood?” 20He feeds on ashes; a deluded heart has led him astray, and he cannot deliver himself or say, “Is there not a lie in my right hand?”

8 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

:emot-giggle: Giggling back. :amen:Actually, Christ had some classic one liners to expose those self-righteous Pharisees.

The OT even had some (God showing the foolishness of man.) This is long, but well worth reading. This is not the cute animal humor, but rather the biting sarcasm of God disgusted with idolaters.

God tells it like it is!

Isaiah 44:6-20

Besides Me There Is No God
6Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts:
“I am the first and I am the last;
besides me there is no god.
7Who is like me? Let him proclaim it.a
Let him declare and set it before me,
since I appointed an ancient people.
Let them declare what is to come, and what will happen.
8Fear not, nor be afraid;
have I not told you from of old and declared it?
And you are my witnesses!
Is there a God besides me?
There is no Rock; I know not any.”

The Folly of Idolatry

9All who fashion idols are nothing, and the things they delight in do not profit. Their witnesses neither see nor know, that they may be put to shame.10Who fashions a god or casts an idol that is profitable for nothing? 11Behold, all his companions shall be put to shame, and the craftsmen are only human. Let them all assemble, let them stand forth. They shall be terrified; they shall be put to shame together.

12The ironsmith takes a cutting tool and works it over the coals. He fashions it with hammers and works it with his strong arm. He becomes hungry, and his strength fails; he drinks no water and is faint. 13The carpenter stretches a line; he marks it out with a pencil.b He shapes it with planes and marks it with a compass. He shapes it into the figure of a man, with the beauty of a man, to dwell in a house. 14He cuts down cedars, or he chooses a cypress tree or an oak and lets it grow strong among the trees of the forest. He plants a cedar and the rain nourishes it. 15Then it becomes fuel for a man. He takes a part of it and warms himself; he kindles a fire and bakes bread. Also he makes a god and worships it; he makes it an idol and falls down before it. 16Half of it he burns in the fire. Over the half he eats meat; he roasts it and is satisfied. Also he warms himself and says, “Aha, I am warm, I have seen the fire!” 17And the rest of it he makes into a god, his idol, and falls down to it and worships it. He prays to it and says, “Deliver me, for you are my god!”

18They know not, nor do they discern, for he has shut their eyes, so that they cannot see, and their hearts, so that they cannot understand. 19No one considers, nor is there knowledge or discernment to say, “Half of it I burned in the fire; I also baked bread on its coals; I roasted meat and have eaten. And shall I make the rest of it an abomination? Shall I fall down before a block of wood?” 20He feeds on ashes; a deluded heart has led him astray, and he cannot deliver himself or say, “Is there not a lie in my right hand?”

Those are some great scriptures to prove the blindness of fallen man. The more I grow in Christ the more blind I see I am. Which is as it should be. Makes my dependence on God more and deeper each day. Which again is a good thing. But back to God having humor. Can you imagine actually being able to put a smile on God’s face. Oh the joy that must cause! Blessings. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Loved it! 1

53 minutes ago, Not me said:

Those are some great scriptures to prove the blindness of fallen man. The more I grow in Christ the more blind I see I am. Which is as it should be. Makes my dependence on God more and deeper each day. Which again is a good thing. But back to God having humor. Can you imagine actually being able to put a smile on God’s face. Oh the joy that must cause! Blessings. 

Imagining putting a smile on God's Face... Hmm. Truly that would be wonderful beyond words! When Jesus walked this earth...I picture Him with the little children. I believe these were times He smiled. He scolded the adults who tried to send those little ones away. They delighted in being with Jesus and the feeling was mutual. :)

Maybe something like this...

1049618604_Jesussmilingatchildrencolorpicture.png.293920cbf950a994a8be93394eed9b5c.png

• Loved it! 1

@Not me @turtletwo

My communion with God never entailed humor or laughter until pretty recently...past few months? Can't put my finger on when or how it happened but discovered that He has a wonderful sense of humor. One day I was so serious before Him, but he showed me something, and I never laughed so hard. Another time before Him, I told Him something that I was thinking...and I started to laugh at the preposterous thoughts, and He spoke words of delight to my heart. So, yes, I can imagine how good God's one-liners are going to be! At times my thoughts are so clever, that I know that I know it's not me...and it's easy to imagine making Him smile and laughing together...and the joy it causes.

This wasn't easy to share, but He loves diversity...

4 minutes ago, In Him said:

@Not me @turtletwo

My communion with God never entailed humor or laughter until pretty recently...past few months? Can't put my finger on when or how it happened but discovered that He has a wonderful sense of humor. One day I was so serious before Him, but he showed me something, and I never laughed so hard. Another time before Him, I told Him something that I was thinking...and I started to laugh at the preposterous thoughts, and He spoke words of delight to my heart. So, yes, I can imagine how good God's one-liners are going to be! At times my thoughts are so clever, that I know that I know it's not me...and it's easy to imagine making Him smile and laughing together...and the joy it causes.

Thank you so much for sharing this part of your relationship with Christ with us. It did bless me so. I could almost see your joy! Blessings    :)

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, In Him said:

@Not me @turtletwo

Thanks for sharing this. I think I know what you mean. In my own personal experience- I used to be quite somber and serious. This is my personality and is needful in these last days. But I think God wanted to show me His other side and help me balance out a bit. :D

Many of the captions I put in my animal thread were ideas that just popped in my head. Normally, I am not given to this sort of thing (not too clever or funny.) But the Lord kept giving me these...causing me to sit back and laugh. Others have shared with me that they have blessed them, also. It is a good thing to cheer others up. I hope to be a servant in my life and here at Worthy. I enjoy lifting others up.

Will you be visiting my animal thread, by the way? 

• Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,313
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

12 hours ago, turtletwo said:

I love to see the humor in things.  Much better than getting upset about things.  I also love animals.   When I was able to visit our zoo regularly, I always came home feeling like I had a mini-vacation.

• This is Worthy 1

1 hour ago, Debp said:

I love to see the humor in things.  Much better than getting upset about things.  I also love animals.   When I was able to visit our zoo regularly, I always came home feeling like I had a mini-vacation.

:teeth_smile: Awwww. I love it, Deb! I hope you can come over to the thread sometime? You've brought so much joy to Worthy and to me personally. Your topics are refreshing and uplifting. I've noticed several commenting on how much they enjoy them. Keep up the good work! Glad your wi-fi is behaving for right now.

P.S. 

I'd like to create a link to the animal thread somehow. But I don't know how. So the best I can do is: 

"Did anyone else see that rock move?"

• Loved it! 1