IGNORED

Anyone else near Los Angeles area wildfires?

Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

The wildfires are over the mountain from me but they are massive and uncontained so far.   Because of Santa Ana winds, the embers are blown to many other areas to start new fires.    Fire departments from all over the area and other cities are helping.   I hear some will come from other States.   Fire fighters have been fighting the fires for two days with no sleep....they hope to give them some rest tonight with some replacements.    Dozens of homes have been burnt down so far.   At least 148,000 are under mandatory evacuation in these fires near Los Angeles.

News coverage is non-stop on our five local stations since late last night.   I keep checking the different stations.

As an animal lover, I found this interesting: A reporter happened across a fire fighter breaking open an outdoor bird cage containing 3 Cockatiels.    One bird flew away but the reporter who owns a Cockatiel and her camera man rescued the other two birds.   They put them in their news van, and them came back to report more on the fires.

Another news reporter with the same station apparently rescued two kittens from a home.   He was quite scratched up but did rescue them.

A small rabbit was also seen hopping across a highway to escape the flames.   Last year a man actually took the time to save a wild rabbit from flames... it's on YouTube.

• Praying! 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Far from that area, but praying for you all.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Just turned on the news again, they are now saying 200,000 evacuated.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  211
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/06/1970

Will be praying about this.  Hoping there's no fatalities or injuries?

• Praise God! 1

39 minutes ago, Yowm said:

9 fatalities so far.

dear-god-i-pray-that-whoever-reads-this-shall-have-27463833.png.1f520cf820b7c91d9e340a4f2a4d0f7f.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

People are going from our area to find animals and help them, especially livestock.  We have seen a great need in this area since many of our wildfire have left people without this lively hood as well as without a means of providing food and water for them in rural areas.

• Thumbs Up 2

I saw a terrifying, amazing video last night on our local news.   A young lady went to rescue her horses and other horses....people open the stable doors so the horses can run to perhaps escape the wildfires.   A total of 48 horses were saved or at least set free.

The video was of the young lady's view as she frantically drove her car through the flames and smoke enveloping her car, I guess after she released the horses.    She was praying the entire way asking for God to help her.   I will try to find that video and post it later tonight.   She actually thought she would die and it certainly looked like it.   

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Debp said:

I saw a terrifying, amazing video last night on our local news.   A young lady went to rescue her horses and other horses....people open the stable doors so the horses can run to perhaps escape the wildfires.   A total of 48 horses were saved or at least set free.

The video was of the young lady's view as she frantically drove her car through the flames and smoke enveloping her car, I guess after she released the horses.    She was praying the entire way asking for God to help her.   I will try to find that video and post it later tonight.   She actually thought she would die and it certainly looked like it.   

Psalm 50:15

Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor Me.”

AMEN!

On 11/10/2018 at 1:18 PM, Debp said:

I am having alot of trouble staying connected to WiFi the past couple of days so didn't have an opportunity to look for the video.    Hopefully, I can find it another time.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

15 hours ago, Debp said:

I am having alot of trouble staying connected to WiFi the past couple of days so didn't have an opportunity to look for the video.    Hopefully, I can find it another time.

Don't worry about it Deb. They did a lot of coverage on those fires this morning on the 6 am news. That's very unusual for here in NY. Typically, the coverage of CA fires lasts 1 or 2 minutes but this morning it must have been 1/2 an hour. I just hope you and all your belongings stay safe. I have been praying for you.