backontrack

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,213
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

Example: Why does the church remain silent on Politics?

Am I wrong for standing up for what's I think is right such as Abortion, border security or a wall, are we as Christians going to stand up to modern day Pharisees as Jesus did back in the day. Are the democrats going to destroy our country, or is Trump? I cannot sleep at night anymore over many things going through my mind I fill like the church has let me down in so many ways and of course I have let God down as well. What are we going to do prayer without action does not work either. I fill like many churches are anti Christ the greed, the trickery, fake healings fake everything I am so sad depressed fill like giving up/ honestly what's the use! 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

The church's purpose do not include engaging in the political machine of American politics.  The church's purpose is:

to exalt God and his holiness to preach/teach Jesus Christ and him crucified to disciple its membership to take care of the poor and needy to evangelize the world

In discipling its membership, yes, things like abortion, homosexuality, and other sins plaguing our nation will come up and be preached and taught the way the Bible directs.

But border walls?  Democrats vs. Republicans?  Trump?  

None of this is the affairs of the church.  Why?  Because the answer is not in a political party.  It's in Christ.  There are far too many Sunday School classes and pulpits where politics are debated and discussed and the Bible is never opened.  I would leave a church like that.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,822
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

……………….

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, backontrack said:

Example: Why does the church remain silent on Politics?

Am I wrong for standing up for what's I think is right such as Abortion, border security or a wall, are we as Christians going to stand up to modern day Pharisees as Jesus did back in the day. Are the democrats going to destroy our country, or is Trump? I cannot sleep at night anymore over many things going through my mind I fill like the church has let me down in so many ways and of course I have let God down as well. What are we going to do prayer without action does not work either. I fill like many churches are anti Christ the greed, the trickery, fake healings fake everything I am so sad depressed fill like giving up/ honestly what's the use! 

For me personally. I do not think it is the job of the church to rally  people to a political"cause".  Whatever that cause maybe. It is the job of the church to allow the Holy  Spirit to move among the church so that Jesus may inter into the hearts of the people there.  That is how you change the world. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

But did not Jesus get political with the Pharisees and Sadducees, so are we to remain silent about issues such as Abortion taking God out of Government schools universities sharia law infecting our land. So your saying the holy spirit should move us to action or should we just sit silent or should we act intelligently as Jesus did?     

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

8 minutes ago, backontrack said:

But did not Jesus get political with the Pharisees and Sadducees, so are we to remain silent about issues such as Abortion taking God out of Government schools universities sharia law infecting our land. So your saying the holy spirit should move us to action or should we just sit silent or should we act intelligently as Jesus did?     

You need to reread what Jesus was talking about with the Pharisees and Sadducee.  He was not talking about what laws or rules Rome was placing on the Jewish people so to change the laws.  Jesus was talking about the Jewish laws and how they broke them.

As for today, go as God leads, not your head.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Jayne said:

The church's purpose do not include engaging in the political machine of American politics.  The church's purpose is:

to exalt God and his holiness to preach/teach Jesus Christ and him crucified to disciple its membership to take care of the poor and needy to evangelize the world

In discipling its membership, yes, things like abortion, homosexuality, and other sins plaguing our nation will come up and be preached and taught the way the Bible directs.

But border walls?  Democrats vs. Republicans?  Trump?  

None of this is the affairs of the church.  Why?  Because the answer is not in a political party.  It's in Christ.  There are far too many Sunday School classes and pulpits where politics are debated and discussed and the Bible is never opened.  I would leave a church like that.

So Jane in your opinion we sit silent the church is to be silent on all the above you x through but is not the church political in nature set up like a governing body' Jesus was very political in his day and even had righteous anger towards parties who were teaching mans laws is not this somewhat true. If we do not begin to teach the people in churches who and what one should support politically then why are we silent on those issues? 11 of the 12 were killed because they came against political parties who refused to turn from their sins and for this I must disagree with you. Yes we must do it in Love. 

Agree but are you getting good works confused with letting the world know what the consequences of Abortion, Homosexually and unforgiven sin will do plus should we not have a reason to be concerned with world affairs who is coming in to our country or should you and I just blow all this off and wait for the holy spirit to fix this? 

1 hour ago, LadyKay said:

For me personally. I do not think it is the job of the church to rally  people to a political"cause".  Whatever that cause maybe. It is the job of the church to allow the Holy  Spirit to move among the church so that Jesus may inter into the hearts of the people there.  That is how you change the world. 

Then I guess we are doomed if we do not take some kind of stand against the wicked policies right now that are coming down the pike, we can trust in God but he expects us to act to. Did not all down through history all men of God took a stand against un righteous acts of men, from the very beginning. Even Elijah called them out nothing has changed so long as we remain silent Satan will roll over us like a steam roller. Churches today are afraid to preach against homosexuality because of death threats among other things.     

Edited by backontrack

40 minutes ago, OneLight said:

You need to reread what Jesus was talking about with the Pharisees and Sadducee.  He was not talking about what laws or rules Rome was placing on the Jewish people so to change the laws.  Jesus was talking about the Jewish laws and how they broke them.

As for today, go as God leads, not your head.

My bible states this will see how political this is, Jesus will come back to this earth to set up his kingdom (GOVENMENT) and rule with a rod of iron. I wonder if he wants us to rule and rain now in his absence? Hum would that mean getting involved in the world and letting our light shine or would that be coming against evil. Confused in Wisconsin!