IGNORED

Is Jesus the lord first or the savior first.

Wayne222

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  477
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,560
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I heard a good sermon about this. Do we have to make Jesus lord of our life first. I would say no. First and for most we need to be born again. We are not saved by works of righteousness that we have done. If we have to first repent of disobedience to be right with God then we are relying on our works. So we need Jesus as our saviour to be forgI've of our sins. We have to trust in Jesus and believe he is the son of God. When we just trust in Jesus then we become born again. We as new born creation will obey him. Like it says in 1 john. He who is born again does not commit sin. That is as a way of life. You can sin but you surly don't want to continue in sin. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I heard a good sermon about this. Do we have to make Jesus lord of our life first. I would say no. First and for most we need to be born again. We are not saved by works of righteousness that we have done. If we have to first repent of disobedience to be right with God then we are relying on our works. So we need Jesus as our saviour to be forgI've of our sins. We have to trust in Jesus and believe he is the son of God. When we just trust in Jesus then we become born again. We as new born creation will obey him. Like it says in 1 john. He who is born again does not commit sin. That is as a way of life. You can sin but you surly don't want to continue in sin. 

It says Godly sorrow works repentance.  This implies that one must want to believe or does believe that there is a God who will judge us. for sin . In my case I needed to believe that God existed and that he had a plan for my life because the life I was living was destroying me and my marriage and a 10 year old daughter. I saw what my life was doing and I needed God desperately. Still I did not know Christ I listened one day to a Billy Graham crusade and his message convicted me. One night when I was alone I said to the Lord I want to believe and from that moment Christ made Himself real to me. That was the moment of saving faith and my life was changed. We are often told that the confession of faith makes one born again but they do not say born again of the  spirit. I think we need to look at that more closely  by looking at John 3: and 4 the women at the well. I will post again since I hate long posts.

I will post under ( Are you born of the spirit)    I pray for the Lord's leading    

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

It says Godly sorrow works repentance.  This implies that one must want to believe or does believe that there is a God who will judge us. for sin . In my case I needed to believe that God existed and that he had a plan for my life because the life I was living was destroying me and my marriage and a 10 year old daughter. I saw what my life was doing and I needed God desperately. Still I did not know Christ I listened one day to a Billy Graham crusade and his message convicted me. One night when I was alone I said to the Lord I want to believe and from that moment Christ made Himself real to me. That was the moment of saving faith and my life was changed. We are often told that the confession of faith makes one born again but they do not say born again of the  spirit. I think we need to look at that more closely  by looking at John 3: and 4 the women at the well. I will post again since I hate long posts.

I will post under ( Are you born of the spirit)    I pray for the Lord's leading    

Godly sorrow is what a born again person has. I think before one is given a new nature you can do nothing. 

3 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Godly sorrow is what a born again person has. I think before one is given a new nature you can do nothing. 

If I may ask when do you pray  

Jesus told the women at the well " the time is coming neither on the mountain nor in Jerusalem worship God  in spirit and must be worshiped in spirit and in truth. 

What did  He mean when He said that.  Lot of people wonder about which is the right church to worship. We live where there are thousand different churches. Those who belong to one may say or believe they are in right church. but. Jesus said you must worship the Father in Spirit and in truth.  What was Jesus saying about the right church.

Today we say may say Im going to church on Sunday. I it the ight church for you or is it the right church to worship God Which church do you go to on Sunday. How do you  believe about going to that church. Is it the right church to worship God. How would you know if it was ?

Where and when do we worship and pray. Some may believe the question is to personal and maybe it is for many. still the question is what did Jesus tell the women at the well about where to  worship in spirit and in truth. Where is the right place to worship? 

5 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Jesus told the women at the well " the time is coming neither on the mountain nor in Jerusalem worship God  in spirit and must be worshiped in spirit and in truth. 

What did  He mean when He said that.  Lot of people wonder about which is the right church to worship. We live where there are thousand different churches. Those who belong to one may say or believe they are in right church. but. Jesus said you must worship the Father in Spirit and in truth.  What was Jesus saying about the right church.

Today we say may say Im going to church on Sunday. I it the ight church for you or is it the right church to worship God Which church do you go to on Sunday. How do you  believe about going to that church. Is it the right church to worship God. How would you know if it was ?

Where and when do we worship and pray. Some may believe the question is to personal and maybe it is for many. still the question is what did Jesus tell the women at the well about where to  worship in spirit and in truth. Where is the right place to worship? 

We worship God in his temple. We the body of christ is the temple. It's not a building. It's says our body is the temple of God. We are living stones in that temple. We the body of christ can meet in a building or a home. But the building is never the temple. God dwells in us by the spirit. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

"Jesus said you must worship the Father in Spirit and in truth."

To worship in Spirit is to worship with the whole soul, mind, feelings, emotions and desires, not bodily fatigue in journeying to some temple or church.

To worship in truth is to worship in harmony with full revealed and attested truth, not in fallacies, controversies, ceremonies, rituals and

offerings.

11 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

We worship God in his temple. We the body of christ is the temple. It's not a building. It's says our body is the temple of God. We are living stones in that temple. We the body of christ can meet in a building or a home. But the building is never the temple. God dwells in us by the spirit. 

Well said we Are the temple and the Spirit of God dwells within us. Modern day tradition says we go to church but we are the church walking. One question still asked When is one Born again of the spirit.. And its not when we go to worship on Sunday nor is it saying I believe in Jesus. Even the devils can say that and they fear. its something live and do every day and nobody  knows.  The holy spirt is not seen. what did Jesus teach about what pleases God Yet no one knows . Jesus did say that he is  with you but he shall be in you. There is a special place and if you know this place then and  only then you are truly  Born again of the spirit.  Jesus did it Himself And talked to the Father. If one is truly born again of the Spirit then he will spend time there often. It is a special place that glorifies God 

41 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

Well said we Are the temple and the Spirit of God dwells within us. Modern day tradition says we go to church but we are the church walking. One question still asked When is one Born again of the spirit.. And its not when we go to worship on Sunday nor is it saying I believe in Jesus. Even the devils can say that and they fear. its something live and do every day and nobody  knows.  The holy spirt is not seen. what did Jesus teach about what pleases God Yet no one knows . Jesus did say that he is  with you but he shall be in you. There is a special place and if you know this place then and  only then you are truly  Born again of the spirit.  Jesus did it Himself And talked to the Father. If one is truly born again of the Spirit then he will spend time there often. It is a special place that glorifies God 

Just saying you believe does not make one born of God. Really trusting in Jesus. Jesus is lamb of God. You became born again when God gives you the holy spirit. You receive the holy spirit when you trust in Jesus. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus says in several places that we can't see the Holy Spirit born in people but we can see/hear His effects on people.  Joh 3:8  The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."  He also speaks of bearing fruit, which can't be done unless we are connected to Him.  Joh 15:5  AMP I am the Vine; you are the branches. Whoever lives in Me and I in him bears much (abundant) fruit. However, apart from Me [cut off from vital union with Me] you can do nothing.  

One of the immediate effects that we see is the ability to understand and apply God's word to our lives.  The Scriptures come alive to us and speak to us.  Many people receive Jesus as Savior and are baptized but still don't understand the Scriptures and cannot even say the words "Jesus is Lord".   These people are not born again genuine Christians.   

People tend to want to figure God out and place Him into the box of our theology.  But He is a Person with a mind of His own.  He treats us as individuals.  That is why our experiences with God vary so much, and it is also likely why our theology differs so much.   

According to the Catholic church, Calvin and Luther, we are saved and born again through the sacraments, even infant baptism.  That is why Calvin insisted that you must be born again before God calls us and convicts us of sin.   Many evangelicals disagree with that as does Scripture.  Certainly the Holy Spirit is drawing us when He reveals to us that He is;  then He convicts us of the sin of being totally lost and unable to be good enough to go to heaven.  And when during this process we are born again is something that may differ in us.  At what point I totally believed is something I still wonder about,  but I have no doubt as to when I totally surrendered to God as Lord and King.   

Rom 10:9  AMP  Because if you acknowledge and confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and in your heart believe (adhere to, trust in, and rely on the truth) that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  Rom 10:10  For with the heart a person believes (adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Christ) and so is justified (declared righteous, acceptable to God), and with the mouth he confesses (declares openly and speaks out freely his faith) and confirms [his] salvation. 

Confessing Christ is confirming what He has already done and does not merit salvation.  Trusting in and relying on Jesus in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead is what saves us and justifies us.  Saving faith is still a gift from God but it manifests itself in our telling others of our faith in  Christ.  

• This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,262
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Is Jesus the lord first or the savior first?

Jesus is Lord over all, lost and saved. In the beginning, and now. He is now and has always has been sovereign. Every knee will bow.

23 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

Do we have to make Jesus lord of our life first.

I do not know how I can try to  make Jesus something He already is, over all creation. I believe I understand what you mean, though.   As a believer, born again, I an grafted into the vine, as Willa said. A branch, abiding in Christ. The more empty of self I am, the more fruit I bear. I live, but not I, but Christ, in me. He is my Lord. And I have a free will. I choose to allow or not,  Him to work through me. The only way to bear fruit. This glorifies the Father.
When I was saved, I knew nothing about making Jesus Lord. Or sovereignty. Or the True vine, etc. Just that I was a sinner, needing a Savior, hearing the gospel, believing.
As a babe, I received the milk. As an adult, I realized/learned Jesus was, is, and will always be, LORD. To everybody. He reigns. The King of kings.