• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/11/1990

Hey everyone! Just curious to see if anyone else has been through something similar and has some scripture or prayer ideas to help...

I have friends but they aren’t really the “talking” type and I feel best when I am able to talk through everything. I am the type who likes to help and do things for those I care about and my friends are not really receptive to it. I am completely away from my family and my culture so I am just feeling very lonely. I feel like I have a lot of love to share with others and I would love to have someone to talk to about my day but my friends aren’t really that type so I am just feeling very lonely. 

I know that I am where God wants me to be and that these are the people God wants in my life but I just cannot kick the feeling lonely. I have a feeling that God has likely put me in this situation to focus on myself more (because I was in situations before where people took advantage of my giving nature) but I am really lost as far as how to feel whole when I feel so alone.

Thanks for any advice :)

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I can relate somewhat to what you are going through.  Really, all you need is one friend to connect with that asks how you are, or how your day was.  Praying that you find that person.  When I came to worthy nearly 11 years ago now, I made some lifelong friends that I enjoy fellowship with, whether it be more serious life issues, or just small talk.  I hope you find this site as much of a blessing as I have.

God bless

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Can you message your family or friends in your culture to check in about your day?  I do understand because all of mine have died. 

Some people find it very humiliating for others to help them in any way.   Pray and ask God how you can show them love in a way that they find acceptable.  I realize it is hard when your spiritual gift is service.  But we have to adapt to them.  

May God bless you and be very near to you, filling your days with His presence.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,309
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

3 hours ago, Sparklediver said:

Hey everyone! Just curious to see if anyone else has been through something similar and has some scripture or prayer ideas to help...

I have friends but they aren’t really the “talking” type and I feel best when I am able to talk through everything. I am the type who likes to help and do things for those I care about and my friends are not really receptive to it. I am completely away from my family and my culture so I am just feeling very lonely. I feel like I have a lot of love to share with others and I would love to have someone to talk to about my day but my friends aren’t really that type so I am just feeling very lonely. 

I know that I am where God wants me to be and that these are the people God wants in my life but I just cannot kick the feeling lonely. I have a feeling that God has likely put me in this situation to focus on myself more (because I was in situations before where people took advantage of my giving nature) but I am really lost as far as how to feel whole when I feel so alone.

Thanks for any advice :)

Sounds like you need a friend who is willing to take some time to listen to you.   Can you explain any of this to one of your friends and perhaps they will respond?   If not, see if you can make a new friend or two at your church, work or school that will be more receptive to you.   Also, for general loneliness, I advise greeting your neighbors, clerks in stores, etc.   I do this regularly so don't feel alone....some of my neighbors often stop to chat with me.    But do try to find a friend who will be more reciprocal in conversing with you.   If you can't find a friend like this at church, etc, perhaps do a little volunteer work to meet friends.

• Thumbs Up 1