• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,191
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 2/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, thomas t said:
dear fellow posters,
in the thread "Evidence vs. Proof" the specific question of why nature points to God I think has not been sufficiently answered.

I want to try here and I'd like to dedicate a new thread to this verse only.
Of course I believe the Bible, and Romans 1:20 in particular.

My answer to why I think God is the one nature is poining to:

1) Job 38:41 Who provideth for the raven his food? when his young ones cry unto God, they wander for lack of meat.
I think this happens every day. God provides for every bird. This, for me, points to a loving God.

2) as indicated by Gen 1:28: nature is ready to be perfected by man (my own interpretation of that verse). It has a creat potential to be made beautiful by man!
Take a look at your own country and check, when man wants to have a beautiful environment, nature offers every opportunity for man to enjoy.

3) Rev 11:18 KJV thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
"them which destroy the earth" I think this is a double prophecy beginning to be fulfilled in our times. On the one hand, it points to the vulnerability of the earth to humans. This is what scientists discover today. On the other hand it points to the ability of man to destroy the earth - a modern day phenomenon.
This I think is an amazing prophecy.
Man, in my opinion, has already destroyed part of what used to be good habitat for animals.
Ancient Romans didn't have any means to destroy the environment of back then. To the best of my knowledge, environmentalism didn't even exist in those days. Noone even thought about climate change, species extinction and so on. So I conclude, this amazing verse is highly prophetic and speaking ahead of time, forseeing what man would do today. *

Regards, Thomas

* please note Rev 11:18 is also getting discussed here:

worthy-christian-forums-facebook-logo350
With all the cold weather we are having this winter I tend to think something else is going on besides global warming, could the poles be shifting and is it a natural occurrence and we just happen to be witnessing it. Maybe this happened before, as the ice melts they are finding ancient artifacts...
www.worthychristianforums.com

THE BIBLE does not make this distinction.  Secular society and pagan myth does.

The Bible teaches that the creator, not the creation, is to be worshipped.  

While it seems logically acceptable to say that all of creation points to God, atheists won't buy the argument.  They won't buy it because it isn't logical and cannot be used as a proof for the existence of God.    Creation is only an example of an act of God.   It speaks only sparingly of His nature.  

Its like entering a vacant apartment.   The lights are on, but nobody is home.   You can only get a very thin idea of the nature of the person who lives there by examining its contents.   In order to know and understand the person you have to meet them personally.

You cannot truly appreciate God or His works without knowing Him.   Any attempt to figure Him out without knowing is academic.  As such any academic consideration is subject to divisive subjective opinion.

The creator can only be KNOWN by being known.  The Bible calls it the Second Birth.   Knowing God is worth the submission.  From a human point of view much is gained and little lost in such a transaction.  

Suggesting one can know God by looking at trees and flowers is the devil's argument and not worthy of Christians.  Why?  Because it denies the recognition of sin and the necessity of repenting of it.

No one can know God unless they cross the river of repentance and embrace the Second Birth.   

Any other attempt to appreciate God is no more revealing than going to the Louvre, gazing at a painting by Rembrandt and claiming you know the man.   You don't and you are only making a fool of yourself if you do.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...