• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I agree.....God is not some mean intergalactic kill-joy.Everything He demands is because He loves us.We don’t always understand it, and we sure don’t always like it.Same way with his chastisements when we disobey. It is always for our benefit.When my daughter was a toddler, she did not understand why I would not let her run out of the yard into the auto traffic.She did not understand and she sure did not like it when I had to spank her—- even though it saved her life. God is kinda like that.He does not always give us what we “ want”—- He gives us what we “ need”. I thank Him for His Wisdom and leading.

And then there are people who tell people what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

8 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

And then there are people who tell people what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear.

Would you care to elaborate on that thought? Thanks.."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Joh 3:17  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18  He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 3:19  And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

We either are a member of satan's kingdom, the condemned, or we are a member of God's Kingdom, having given our lives to Him via the death of Jesus Christ for our sins.  When we make Jesus the Lord of our life He causes us to be born again and we become a member of God's family by adoption.  Jesus comes to live within us.  We have passed from death to life.  If we have Jesus living in us we have life .  We have the joy of His presence in us as we walk with Him and serve Him in love.  We have a bit of heaven with us now since the Holy Spirit is the down payment or promissory note of our inheritance in heaven.  

So the purpose of our salvation is to spread the gospel of the Kingdom.  Jesus is our King now and will be for eternity.  We worship Him and take joy in Him now and forever.  When compared to the days when we lived for self and ended up in bondage to the enemy as well, our lives are heaven on earth even now; it is only a foretaste of the life with Him to come.

Rom 8:14  NKJV For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Rom 8:15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.”

Rom 8:16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

Eph 1:13  AMP In Him you also who have heard the Word of Truth, the glad tidings (Gospel) of your salvation, and have believed in and adhered to and relied on Him, were stamped with the seal of the long-promised Holy Spirit.

Eph 1:14  That [Spirit] is the guarantee of our inheritance [the firstfruits, the pledge and foretaste, the down payment on our heritage], in anticipation of its full redemption and our acquiring [complete] possession of it—to the praise of His glory.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

8 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

We've been having a big fight in the United Methodist Church over homosexuality. Why do some pastors want us to believe homosexuality is not a sin?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

They don’t believe in what is clearly defined as a sin.If one wants to be a homosexual and practices their sins, I don’t really care.Just don’t try to tell me it is not a sin.It is.Anybody that can read should have no doubt about it.They can be saved like anybody else.....turn to God with faith in Jesus Christ and believe the Gospel.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

20 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Most people seem to believe that salvation and heaven are one and the same thing. ...

Most people do? ??? I didn't know that . Now I am curious what backs up that statement?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Most people do? ??? I didn't know that . Now I am curious what backs up that statement?

You misquoted me. I didn't say "most people do." I said "most people seem to."

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

19 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

We've been having a big fight in the United Methodist Church over homosexuality. Why do some pastors want us to believe homosexuality is not a sin?

Cuase they wicked men of belial is why .   They had rather just go with the flow and make that money that to offend and lose a dollar or have to suffer for truth sake .

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

They don’t believe in what is clearly defined as a sin.If one wants to be a homosexual and practices their sins, I don’t really care.Just don’t try to tell me it is not a sin.It is.Anybody that can read should have no doubt about it.They can be saved like anybody else.....turn to God with faith in Jesus Christ and believe the Gospel.

But if any BELIEVER claims to be gay ,  WE do the same thing paul said to do with any fornicator , idolator , etc,  Ya cast them out till they repent , Do not even eat with such .

You wanna know why more and more churches are now supporting it and not even thinking its sin .   Cause the leaven flooded the place .

THEY should have thrown rick warren and many seeker friendly books  , RIGHT OUT THE DOOR and never left the pattern JESUS and the Apostles taught .

And do you agree that if any one hates his brother , his neighbor etc that he is a murder and has no eternal life in them  .  JOHN was right , its true .

SO feast on this word and burn every trash book warren or any seeker friendly ever wrote .

DO not hate you brother , neighbor in you HEART ,   in any way you shall CORRECT ,  REBUKE  him and don't leave him in error .    Seeker friendly ideals can go to hell fire

where they belong .  IF we LOVE we do all to correct ,  if we HATE we hug  everyone straight to hell and wont correct .    MY minds made up , I stand in full force against

the lies of many men gone long wrong .   Take a stand with me blood brought , and lets feast only ON THE BIBLE .

20 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Well, the pope is a good example of this ,  he tells muslims , buddists , gays , atheists and luke warm christains , they all fine , they all one big happy earth family

and who is he to judge .     That is telling the wicked exactly what they want to hear , HEY you can have salvation and your lies too .    But the pope is not alone

he got almost every leader that is well known mega church  and others , Selling his lies right to the protestant flocks .  Its  a madhouse I tell ya .

But this ol hound gonna warn against Rome and all them mega false ones , AND POINT only to CHRIST till my last breath , by the grace of the LORD .