• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Archeologists have found proof that the Bible is true in Israel. They found several Signature Stones of several kings whose names appear in the book of Judges. These stones were dated to be some 2400 years old. Back then a king used a signature stone to prove he gave a certain order or sent a certain man with his commands. Each stone has the king's name & an emblem that he used to identify himself. This is proof that the Bible is history and true.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I'm confused. [Is this an April Fool's Joke?]

• There were no kings in the book of Judges.
  • 2400 years ago was the end of the Old Testament [Malachi].  The kings began about 1000 years before that.
  •  I've never heard of a signature stone, but then again, I don't know everything.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

No all you've done is made an unsubstanciated claim.

Where is the evidence of these 'signature stones', what web site did you read about them on?

Do you have a name for the lead archeologist etc.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  332
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

I'm confused. [Is this an April Fool's Joke?]

• There were no kings in the book of Judges.

There was Abimelech, but yeah, only one King in Judges.

If this were true, it would merely substatiate that the OT contains fragments either wholly or partially based on proven history, effectively no better a historical document than The Romance of the Three Kingdoms. You have a number of unbelievers out there that do agree that Jesus and many other biblical figures existed, but that they were merely men who had an effect on history, and that any and all historical data located in the bible is faulty due to being written and exaggerated by men. Like with TROTTK's claims that Lu Bu's steed (Red Hare) was completely red, massive in size, neighed as loud as a train horn, could run 1000 miles in a day, and could cleanly leap over moats - when, in most historical circles, people agree that Red Hare was merely a very impressive horse and not actually that capable. People apply the same mentality to the Bible - Samson did not kill 1000 men with a donkey's jawbone, but merely, many men.

The proof of the Bible is in the pudding. It is what it is, you just have people who either don't read or don't understand.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I googled this and could not find a single source for the claim. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

Finding this topic when I did is very well timed. About an hour ago I read about the discovery I assume is being discussed here. Signature rings HAVE been found...but not those belonging to kings...but residents of the City of King David. FOX did a story on it today.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/rare-ancient-treasures-bearing-biblical-names-discovered-in-jerusalems-city-of-david

Edited by D-Dawn
Hit "enter" before I meant to

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Well Okay, I made a bunch of errors in my initial report but evidence was indeed found. I saw this on the Mon. 4/1/19 episode of the 700 Club which should be view able online at CBN.com. The story is towards the beginning of the episode and it's rather short. I recorded part of it and I watched it again but only after my made my original post. I was a little too eager. Nevertheless, real evidence was found that substantiates the Bible. I had the book wrong the correct book is one of the two books called "Kings", they didn't say which one. What was found weren't stones but rather clay that looked like a stone. Back then a scroll was often sealed with clay and often the name of the author was written in the clay. This clay is what they found. I think they found 2 clay seals and the name on one corresponds with an obscure name that is recorded in one of the book's of Kings. They say the clay is roughly from 500 BC which makes it almost 2500 years old. It's very exciting because a name in the OT was now found written in clay on the archaeological evidence. Of course a skeptic can discount this and I'm sure they will but there are many of us who know the Bible is true without such hardcore proof, but even so we love it when proof such as this is found. Forgive me for being over eager is reporting this. :angel: