• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

The beam is removed by the person who has the beam in his own eye. Once he has done this he understands completely that he must bring his brother to a place of removing the mote out of his own eye. If one so chooses, they may go about judging anyone and everyone according to any standard they wish but our righteous God who is judge of all will make sure that you are judged in the same fashion as you put forth toward others. I watch people receive the judgement of God as they judge others all the time and they never realize what hit them. I have had it happen to me as I learned to curtail my judging by experience. Definitely something to keep in mind before you go giving someone over to Satan for the punishment of the flesh. Your ducks had better be in a row first.

Gary

Gary,

How do you know that God was judging people around you when they were judging other peolpe?

We have consequences from choices we make in this life...but I don't think we can say..Oh,the Lord is judging you ,you better listen......

As born again Christians we should hear the voive of the Lord trying to get our attention if we do something wrong,but to see Gods judgement in other people's lives?

Don't forget we live in a fallen world which will not get better before God will make all things new.

We should examine ourselfs daily to see if we have beams in our eyes,don't you think?

Only God is the Judge about people's hearts and how they think.

He puts us on this earth to glorify Him and to spread the gospel:)

This can be developed throughout scripture. I understand the world around me through the lens or scripture and am working to be able to do as Moses did and endure by seeing him who is invisible. This includes watching his work in the lives of those around me. To see the principle of sewing and reaping manifest before my eyes. To see God judging his creation with a perfect judgment as he works all things to the counsel of his own will.

That said, I do not claim to be able to do this perfectly. I used to be completely oblivious to God at work in me and in others. Over the course of my walk with him I have been given a keener sense of observation in that which is going on around me. I understand completely if you doubt what I say because you have not experienced it in your own life and walk with him. I also am not ignorant of Satan's devices to try and put wedges between us that we be against one another rather than sharpening each others countenance to look up to our Father in heaven but instead have a fallen countenance that keeps our eyes upon the things of the temporal realm in earth.

This morning I was thinking about Elisha when he asked the Lord to open the mans eyes that he might see that there were many more with them than with the invading army. There is a lot going on all around us that is not discerned with the naked eye but visible to those who God wills. I pray that God will continue to give us more capable eyes to see that which is unseen and help us to grow in the knowledge and understanding of him.

This particular thread is about serious sin and if you would like to explore the idea of being able to watch God who is invisible preforming judgment in those around us, we should start a new thread and see what comes of it.

Your brother in Christ,

Gary

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/16/1988

Well... maybe I should clarify.

When I say we shouldn't judge people, I believe that we need to show mercy to others, and lead them to Christ so that their sins can be forgiven. We shouldn't condemn them. When the woman caught in adultery was brought before Jesus, he stated:

And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, “Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her.” (John 8:7 ESV)

Did anyone throw a stone at her? No:

But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus stood up and said to her, “Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said, “Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more.(John 8:9-11 ESV)

Here's some more quotes from Jesus about judging:

You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone who judge, but I and the Father who sent me. (John 8:15-16 ESV)

If we are to live like Christ did, and be an example to others, we should be willing to show mercy to others. Yes, Jesus pointed out sins and faults. But he did so using grace and love, and lead the other person to salvation.

I close my post with this scripture by Jesus:

Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” (Matthew 9:13 ESV)

God bless each of you,

-Michael

Edited by Lowen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

The beam is removed by the person who has the beam in his own eye. Once he has done this he understands completely that he must bring his brother to a place of removing the mote out of his own eye. If one so chooses, they may go about judging anyone and everyone according to any standard they wish but our righteous God who is judge of all will make sure that you are judged in the same fashion as you put forth toward others. I watch people receive the judgement of God as they judge others all the time and they never realize what hit them. I have had it happen to me as I learned to curtail my judging by experience. Definitely something to keep in mind before you go giving someone over to Satan for the punishment of the flesh. Your ducks had better be in a row first.

Gary

Gary,

How do you know that God was judging people around you when they were judging other peolpe?

We have consequences from choices we make in this life...but I don't think we can say..Oh,the Lord is judging you ,you better listen......

As born again Christians we should hear the voive of the Lord trying to get our attention if we do something wrong,but to see Gods judgement in other people's lives?

Don't forget we live in a fallen world which will not get better before God will make all things new.

We should examine ourselfs daily to see if we have beams in our eyes,don't you think?

This can be developed throughout scripture. I understand the world around me through the lens or scripture and am working to be able to do as Moses did and endure by seeing him who is invisible. This includes watching his work in the lives of those around me. To see the principle of sewing and reaping manifest before my eyes. To see God judging his creation with a perfect judgment as he works all things to the counsel of his own will.

That said, I do not claim to be able to do this perfectly. I used to be completely oblivious to God at work in me and in others. Over the course of my walk with him I have been given a keener sense of observation in that which is going on around me. I understand completely if you doubt what I say because you have not experienced it in your own life and walk with him. I also am not ignorant of Satan's devices to try and put wedges between us that we be against one another rather than sharpening each others countenance to look up to our Father in heaven but instead have a fallen countenance that keeps our eyes upon the things of the temporal realm in earth.

This morning I was thinking about Elisha when he asked the Lord to open the mans eyes that he might see that there were many more with them than with the invading army. There is a lot going on all around us that is not discerned with the naked eye but visible to those who God wills. I pray that God will continue to give us more capable eyes to see that which is unseen and help us to grow in the knowledge and understanding of him.

This particular thread is about serious sin and if you would like to explore the idea of being able to watch God who is invisible preforming judgment in those around us, we should start a new thread and see what comes of it.

Your brother in Christ,

Gary

Gary, what do you mean by:

"I understand completely if you doubt what I say because you have not experienced it in your own life and walk with him."

You're assuming my friend.....

Gary

Gary,

Your brother in Christ,

Gary

"I understand completely if you doubt what I say because you have not experienced it in your own life and walk with him."

God love you my sister! Please don't accuse me of assuming. I used the word 'if', it is small and often overlooked (guilty myself). I understand 'if' the following condition is true. Communication is so difficult, especially when we don't know each other from the neighborhood. Please forgive me if my lack of ability to communicate my thoughts to you has offended you.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39

Gary

Gary,

Your brother in Christ,

Gary

God love you my sister! Please don't accuse me of assuming. I used the word 'if', it is small and often overlooked (guilty myself). I understand 'if' the following condition is true. Communication is so difficult, especially when we don't know each other from the neighborhood. Please forgive me if my lack of ability to communicate my thoughts to you has offended you.

In Jesus Name,

Gary

Hi Gary,

You didn't offend me,I'm reading it over again and realize you can read it in two different ways....

sorry ,if your read it a couple of times you know what I was reading and it made me wondering.....

I do know what you mean ,you are talking about living in "The Spirit) (Gods Holy Spirit) how closer we walk with God how more we understand of what is going on around us,it's a battle and it makes me sometimes wondering what if I could see the unseen world...its not a nice world we are living in and something is about to happen:(

Your sister in Christ :)

Hi Gary,

You didn't offend me,I'm reading it over again and realize you can read it in two different ways....

sorry ,if your read it a couple of times you know what I was reading and it made me wondering.....

I do know what you mean ,you are talking about living in "The Spirit) (Gods Holy Spirit) how closer we walk with God how more we understand of what is going on around us,it's a battle and it makes me sometimes wondering what if I could see the unseen world...its not a nice world we are living in and something is about to happen:(

Your sister in Christ :)

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

You Don't Have to Lose an Arm and a Leg

Matthew 18:7

7 Woe to the world because of offenses! For offenses must come, but woe to that man by whom the offense comes! 8 If your hand or foot causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life lame or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet, to be cast into the everlasting fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you. It is better for you to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes, to be cast into hell fire.

Have you ever really thought about how radical Jesus' statement was?

How about the very first one? What does the world have to do with it?

James 4:4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Are we making friendships with the world that are causing us to turn from God? Are we partaking of the things of this world that are causing us to stumble? Do we expose ourselves to things that cause offenses?

Do we dare examine ourselves to see? And then what?

Radical Remedy

Sever/Separate

James 1:27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.

15 Speak these things, exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no one despise you.

Where do your affections lie?

2 Corinthians 6:11 O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. 12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. 13 Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open. 14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you* are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among them. I will be their God, And they shall be My people."+ 17 Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you."* 18 "I will be a Father to you, And you shall be My sons and daughters, Says the Lord Almighty."*

Are you willing to cut off the things which cause you to sin?

alcohol

porn/computer

drugs

bad company

adulterous affair

hatred

???

Get Rid of Them!!!

Does it sound radical? Read Matthew 18 again. It could be worse!

In His Love,

Suzanne

I have to agree with you. Sin is serious and we must be willing to call sin by its rightful name. Sometimes I hear some of my fellow believers trying not offend by calling sin what it is. they say we must not judge. Sin is serious in God's sight.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Are you willing to cut off the things which cause you to sin?

alcohol

porn/computer

drugs

bad company

adulterous affair

hatred

???

Get Rid of Them!!!

Does it sound radical? Read Matthew 18 again. It could be worse!

In His Love,

Suzanne

acceptance from others

premarital sex

live-in boyfriend/girlfriends

food as an idol

leizure time as an idol (laziness)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Thank you bornagain2011...those are valid issues as well. I appreciate you contributing to this topic.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  602
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Thank you bornagain2011...those are valid issues as well. I appreciate you contributing to this topic.

In His Love,

Suzanne

not saying I ever struggled with those things before......I have this friend......who ummm.....yeah..... :44: