IGNORED

IS THERE A DIFFERENCE IN BELIEVING GENTILES?

douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Someone asked a question as to what is the difference between a Gentile saved by Peter's gospel and Paul's. I could not find this question again when I attempted to respond. If you read this please let me know.

The answer is:

They are both saved by responding to either gospel. God requires faith for salvation. God deals with mankind differently in each dispensation. Peter's gospel was to be believed during that dispensation. There was overlap, but Paul's gospel is to be believed today. Peter's gospel is not, nor should be preached today.

The only difference between the two Gentiles is their inheritance. A Gentile who believed Peter's gospel would inherit eternal life and from my understanding would have entered the Davidic kingdom on earth along with the believing remnant of Israel.

A Gentile who believes Paul's gospel will inherit eternal life and go to heaven.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Well of course one is saved by either gospel , BECAUSE PETER AND PAUL preached THE IDENTICAL SAME GOSPLE .

And let us remember , HE has put NO difference between us and them .   Same LORD , same gospel ,  always and till the end of days .

And that IS the BEAUTY OF IT .    James did not preach another gospel than did paul or john , or peter or any of the true ones .    IT was the ONE SAME GOSPLE

which and by which if a man so hears and receives HE is saved .     And let all continue IN CHRIST , faithful to the last breath .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

1 hour ago, douge said:

Someone asked a question as to what is the difference between a Gentile saved by Peter's gospel and Paul's. I could not find this question again when I attempted to respond. If you read this please let me know.

The answer is:

They are both saved by responding to either gospel. God requires faith for salvation. God deals with mankind differently in each dispensation. Peter's gospel was to be believed during that dispensation. There was overlap, but Paul's gospel is to be believed today. Peter's gospel is not, nor should be preached today.

The only difference between the two Gentiles is their inheritance. A Gentile who believed Peter's gospel would inherit eternal life and from my understanding would have entered the Davidic kingdom on earth along with the believing remnant of Israel.

A Gentile who believes Paul's gospel will inherit eternal life and go to heaven.

I don't think I follow you in saying Paul's gospel is any different than Peter's.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

Peter's gospel and Paul's gospel are both the gospel of Jesus Christ.  

Peter learned it from Jesus during his ministry and the 40 days after his resurrection.

Paul learned it from Jesus on the road to Damascus and according to him, through no man, but by a revelation of Jesus Christ.

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

Peter's gospel and Paul's gospel are both the gospel of Jesus Christ.  

Peter learned it from Jesus during his ministry and the 40 days after his resurrection.

Paul learned it from Jesus on the road to Damascus and according to him, through no man, but by a revelation of Jesus Christ.

Hi

Peter preached the gospel of the kingdom and the gospel of the circumcision( the gospel of the kingdom plus the resurrection and the Holy Ghost)....He preached Jesus as Christ, the Son of God and eternal life by believing on his name....remission of sins through repentance and baptism...baptism to get the Holy Ghost for the new testament...the assurance of the Davidic kingdom on earth by the resurrection...Christ's resurrection to sit on David's throne.

You are right about Paul.

4 hours ago, other one said:

I don't think I follow you in saying Paul's gospel is any different than Peter's.

Hi

Peter preached the gospel of the kingdom and the gospel of the circumcision( the gospel of the kingdom plus the resurrection and the Holy Ghost)....He preached Jesus as Christ, the Son of God and eternal life by believing on his name....remission of sins through repentance and baptism...baptism to get the Holy Ghost for the new testament...the assurance of the Davidic kingdom on earth by the resurrection...Christ's resurrection to sit on David's throne.

Paul preached Christ crucified, Paul's gospel, which we simply believe, is 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Believing Christ died for our sins and paid in full the penalty and rose again for our justification wherein we are seen as righteous....having his imputed righteousness....forgiveness of all sin by his blood.....and eternal life

1 hour ago, douge said:

That's going to take some thought. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, other one said:

That's going to take some thought. 

Hey

Absolutely it takes thought...I am glad you are willing and I am not kidding.

Feel free to ask me anything and study scripture to see if what I am saying is right......and you can ask me for scripture references as well.

1 minute ago, douge said:

Hey

Absolutely it takes thought...I am glad you are willing and I am not kidding.

Feel free to ask me anything and study scripture to see if what I am saying is right......and you can ask me for scripture references as well.

I'm in the middle of a political study right now so it may be a bit....   I've got to go back through several of the Federalist Papers to set a friend strait about some things...   It can be the pits to like a liberal.