douge

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Gospel is only proclamation that should be in Christian pulpits. Every sermon must serve in building Jesus' Church. For test's faith in that Gospel.

There are cults in world today, with schemes for humanity's social improvement. They all are trash when it comes to question: What must I do to be saved? For this there's only one answer.

They that believe and are baptized shall be saved. Faith in Jesus through Gospel and accepting of benefits of Christ's salvation through Baptism, that's only way to become sure of bliss.

Jesus' words impress. Where there's no faith in his salvation, damnation will follow.

Edited by Meerkat

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,960
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

21 hours ago, Daniel Marsh said:

The quotes I gave are from early church writers and from Word Pictures Greek NT by AT Robertson which shows that the King James is not the best translation.    Historically, the Early Church taught that Jesus did in fact preach to those in the grave.

There is no indication that those in the grave repented.   The basic understanding among Early Church Fathers is that the gospel was announced to those in both parts of the grave.   In the wicked side to make them responsible for not accepting Christ.  To the Paradise or Righteous side to announce the Victory.   And, based on Eph 4 and the graves opening at Jesus Resurrection to lead the righteous and move paradise to heaven.   It at that time would have been possible for one of them to repent.  Before our Lord rose from the dead, it was understood that paradise was one of the compartments in the grave.   After that it was understood from Paul being caught up to paradise, that it had moved to heaven.

At the last day we know that every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord and that no one can do that without being indwelt by the Holy Spirit.   This opens another can of worms that I do not wish to eat.

I do not believe in Purgatory.

Reference to the various extra-biblical teachings of the heresy-ridden early church and the so-called church fathers isn't sufficient to prove postmortem evangelism (preaching to the dead). In the parable of the rich fool Jesus teaches that a person's destiny is fixed at death just as the rich fool's was. The parable of Lazarus and the rich man also shows that a person's destiny is sealed at their death.

Luk 12:16-21
(16)  And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
(17)  And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
(18)  And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
(19)  And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
(20)  But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
(21)  So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

When the unsaved appear before their Creator on Judgment Day and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord it will under His judgment and with their sentence of condemnation handed to them, not under His grace like those with their salvation affirmed. Big difference.

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 5/5/2019 at 3:32 PM, BeauJangles said:

Brother, I have heard these words in practically all baptismal services. And though not knowing any particular verses to back them specifically, these two did come to mind. Perhaps some similarities here? It's a 'given' that public baptism is a confession of your faith in salvation, IMHO. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles 

Romans 6:3  Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death.  

Galations 3:27  For as many of you have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 

Good verses David. What the churches at large today seem to greatly misunderstand is what is actually means to be "in Christ." As well, that our baptism in reality is so much more than the 3 or 4 minute dunking that we do in church. Our baptism is a dying, cleansing and rebirth that takes a lifetime of following Jesus and abiding "in Christ." 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

3 minutes ago, Michael (limmuwd) said:

What the churches at large today seem to greatly misunderstand that our baptism in reality is so much more than the 3 or 4 minute dunking that we do in church. Our baptism is a dying, cleansing and rebirth that takes a lifetime of following Jesus and abiding "in Christ." 

Amen, brother. And also with that, these verses came to mind... Pardon the editing, by the way. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Matthew 3:11 / Luke 3:16  he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

This idea that the water saves you, (baptism) or that its when you are baptized, that you are saved, is an idea that came from the Catholic church.   Its a scripture twist on John 3:5 where Jesus is explaining to Nicodemus about the "2 Births" necessary.

One is your earthly Birth, as in, your mother's WATER breaks, and you are soon to follow and arrive, but then there is the Heavenly Birth, the Birth in the Spirit, "NEW Birth".    and Jesus is explaining to Nicodemus that "no, you don't go back in the womb", as Nicodemus was confuse by Jesus's phrase "born Again"... John 3:3.    So, Jesus is explaining that the 2nd Birth "born again", is the one that He came to offer.... John 3:16.

So, what the Catholics did, is change their bible so that it explains it like this...... "born again by WATER"........ not immersed, but BORN AGAIN IN WATER, by the Water...  their term for this is "Baptismal Regeneration".   Which means the WATER is the "new birth" Mechanism....... Which of course is not only heresy, but its literally taking the Credit for the Blood Atonement.  

So, the way you understand this verse correctly is this..... the first birth is earthly.... your mother's WATER breaks, and Jesus is referring to this WATER, as the " born of WATER".....then there is the New Birth, the "born again birth", that is explained in John 3:5 as "you have been born of your Mother's WATER once......but you now must be BORN AGAIN"......that is the 2nd Birth, the "new Birth", when God puts you "in Christ".

So, born of Water, is your mother and your earthly birth, .. thats birth #1.....but you MUST BE BORN AGAIN......A 2ND TIME, OF God and BY GOD... = the New Birth has placed you in the Family of God.

Now we can understand that neither of these 2 births are "water baptism", as water baptism FOLLOWS your 2nd Birth, and is symbolic of being raised in newness of life, "in Christ".

This is why Paul was careful to tell those who might be led astray by similar teachings..........that. "Christ sent me not to water baptize".  1 Corinthians 1:7  And the other thing you need to always notice is that in the Acts of the Apostle's epistle....everytime you read about "water baptism", it always follows....."they believed", or "he believed" or, similar.... and notice this verse...."he that BELIEVES and is water baptized shall be saved, but he that BELIEVES  >NOT< = shall be DAMNED".....Mark 16:16 ...so, notice carefully that what DAMNS you is not related to water, but its related to FAITH... as this is LITERALLY explaining to you that water would follow BELIEVING... and HELL always Follows UNBELIEF........

John 3:36.

<B><

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

Just a little slightly off-topic observation here, that I couldn't help but notice. It's refreshing to see several in the ministry as Worthy, utilizing the 'gift of caps'. Meaning in reference to the Gifts of the Spirit. j/k lol God bless! 

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

P.S. You know who you are! 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 5/6/2019 at 4:45 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

is anyone teaching baptismal regeneration. 

The Pope teaches it, and so do His Priest's and followers.

Some protestant denoms give it a try, but, its a fail every time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 5/11/2019 at 7:33 AM, Michael37 said:

Reference to the various extra-biblical teachings of the heresy-ridden early church and the so-called church fathers isn't sufficient to prove postmortem evangelism (preaching to the dead). In the parable of the rich fool Jesus teaches that a person's destiny is fixed at death just as the rich fool's was. The parable of Lazarus and the rich man also shows that a person's destiny is sealed at their death.

Luk 12:16-21
(16)  And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
(17)  And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
(18)  And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
(19)  And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
(20)  But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?
(21)  So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.

When the unsaved appear before their Creator on Judgment Day and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord it will under His judgment and with their sentence of condemnation handed to them, not under His grace like those with their salvation affirmed. Big difference.

Luke 12:16-21 does not teach a person can not repent after death.   It is only saying the person will physically die.

James 2:26 defines death as separation of body and soul or spirit. Luke 16:19-31 The Rich Man and Lazarus only describes pre-cross situation.   Paradise was moved to heaven. II Cor 12

Isaiah 14 demonstrates that people in the grave can think.  

Isaiah 14:9-11 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
9 The place of death is excited
    that you are coming.
Sheol is waking the spirits
    of all the leaders of the earth for you.
Sheol is making the kings stand up
    from their thrones to meet you.
10 They will make fun of you, saying,
    “Now you are as dead as we are.
    Now you are just like us.”
11 Your pride has been sent down to Sheol.
    The music from your harps announces the coming of your proud spirit.
Maggots will be the bed you lie on,
    and other worms will cover your body like a blanket.

I was only stating one of the interpretations of the texts in Peter's Letters.

I am sure you will agree that 

1 Corinthians 12:3 

Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
  • Correct?

Isaiah 45:23
By Myself I have sworn; truth has gone out from My mouth, a word that will not be revoked: Every knee will bow before Me, every tongue will confess allegiance.

Philippians 2:9-11 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
9 So God raised him up to the most important place
    and gave him the name that is greater than any other name.
10 God did this so that every person will bow down to honor the name of Jesus.
    Everyone in heaven, on earth, and under the earth will bow.
11 They will all confess, “Jesus Christ is Lord,”
    and this will bring glory to God the Father.

Therefore, when everyone confesses that Jesus is Lord in the end, they all would have to be indwelt by the Holy Spirit --- thus they would be saved. 

Can you show us any writings outside the Bible that are by Christians of the Early Church?

It has been documented that the Early Church Fathers were taught by the Apostles.

"4. But Polycarp also was not only instructed by apostles, and conversed with many who had seen Christ, but was also, by apostles in Asia, appointed bishop of the Church in Smyrna, whom I also saw in my early youth, for he tarried [on earth] a very long time, and, when a very old man, gloriously and most nobly suffering martyrdom, departed this life, having always taught the things which he had learned from the apostles, and which the Church has handed down, and which alone are true. To these things all the Asiatic Churches testify, as do also those men who have succeeded Polycarp down to the present time — a man who was of much greater weight, and a more steadfast witness of truth, than Valentinus, and Marcion, and the rest of the heretics. "http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0103303.htm

I did see something interesting in Romans 14

8 If we live, we are living for the Lord. And if we die, we are dying for the Lord. So living or dying, we belong to the Lord. 9 That is why Christ died and rose from death to live again—so that he could be Lord over those who have died and those who are living.

10 So why do you judge your brother or sister in Christ? Or why do you think that you are better than they are? We will all stand before God, and he will judge us all. 11 Yes, the Scriptures say,

“‘As surely as I live,’ says the Lord,
    ‘Everyone will bow before me;
    everyone will say that I am God.’”

12 So each of us will have to explain to God about the things we do.

• Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Thanks for polite discussion everyone

• Thumbs Up 1