• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

On 5/8/2019 at 5:47 PM, nzkev said:

Thanks debpThis topic took off , i will share my story here even tho I am a little late in the thread there are some great answers!. Ok will try keep this short as possible....

I have been open on my other threads about my first encounter with them But will cover a quick few points , There unpredictable timing is half of the test ,very unprepared, so i had no bible and there is a group of them, I  thought oh well i will be as honest as i can, So i said things like , Its sad you think believe your not allowed to go to heaven, A kingdom of this world is what satan offers, they Denied Jesus and have accepted his offer, They have denied him by saying he is a created angel and not recognizing him as god, Its not about saying Jehovah its about been antichrist just answers i thought in response to what they where saying, trying to be honest and try get there attention somehow without my bible and without using theirs, anyway, They left very unhappy

The thing is yesterday one of the group came back to talk to me Big Maori Fulla tattoos, I said Hi Gabriel , he looked shocked people don't usually remember my name he said, I just say cos i thought it was interesting and the look on his face, He said can we talk about the truth and opened his book and showed me a verse that he sincerely wanted to talk about truth? i thought amazing, So i said sure  Did you have something in mind or to show me, and he said yes can we talk about this, And it was a pamphlet about who Jesus is. So my rule is usually don't take it because it encourages them to print more etc But he seamed so genuine and sincere, so i took it knowing it would have all the information i need from there perspective to be able to show him. I can show you some of the shocking claims so we could come up with answers together?So took the pamphlet and said i would look at it, and he asked if he was welcome to come back and talk about these things, so I thought how could i say no right , so now i have a big situation on my hand :) and thought this is where a community like this could help!

Now this situation was different, i think he genuinely wants to know,I know the dangers involved im not ever going to believe them but i really want to try help him! 

Is this dangerous or i take this challenge head on? any feedback is appreciated 

Say a prayer and then GO FOR IT!  Try to go easy on them, for you it will be like shooting fish in a barrel.....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,023
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,339
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

nzkev, just wondering did you ever check out the videos on ministering to JW's?   The ones by Dr. Walter Martin on YouTube.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/8/2019 at 12:40 PM, missmuffet said:

They will not listen. I think it is best to pray for them. I just say " I am not interested" and close the door. 

Especially is you are not well versed in why you believe what you believe.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,087
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

read to here