Sign in to follow this  
R. Hartono

The Isaiah 17 Damascus Bible prophecy has been fulfilled

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Yes indeedy! 

I have been studying the book of Revelation lately. There's more opinions on Revelation than Carter had liver pills. We may disagree, but I'm still personally convinced the literal city of Babylon will be rebuilt in the very near future. As far as I remember, Saddam Hussein was the last to start that project, and we know how that turned out. There's no current plans I'm currently aware of by anyone to restore Babylon. In Iraq today with all its problems and hindrances, it's hard to imagine how it could be rebuilt and flourish with all the difficulties and fighting? Then again, Christians prior to May 14, 1948 had no idea how Israel could once again become a nation in one day.

Isaiah 66:8 (KJV) Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

It's interesting to watch the United Nations and see how they are developing and fit into the end-time scenario. I know the UN is unhappy being located in New York, they have no room for expansion, and New York would like to have them out. I believe we are the terminal generation; as such, it's hard to imagine the United Nations [and Secretary General] as not having anything to do with the coming "One World Government" of the Antichrist? You can probably guess what I'm thinking.

Many able scholars also see a literal Babylon rebuilt. I am not so certain, but I don't quibble over it.  There are some pretty good folks on all sides of that issue. 

Isaiah 66:7-8 (NKJV) “Before she was in labor, she gave birth;
Before her pain came,
She delivered a male child.
8 Who has heard such a thing?
Who has seen such things?
Shall the earth be made to give birth in one day?
Or shall a nation be born at once?
For as soon as Zion was in labor,
She gave birth to her children.

I believe that passage of Isaiah 66 could have a dual application.  Yes, it could apply to the modern state of Israel in the abstract, but maybe more apropos to the removal of the righteous.  Isaiah 66:7 would seem to tie into Revelation 12, the woman in labor. In Revelation 12, the child is harpazo (forcible snatched away) to God and His Throne.  Yes, can apply to Yeshua, but He is the head, the redeemed are the body.   If that is the case, then the bringing forth of the body of Messiah as a holy nation per 1 Peter 2:9 in a single day could be the primary focus of the passage in Isaiah.  Jerusalem (Zion) is where the body of Messiah (church) was conceived by the Holy Spirit. However, Jerusalem was not what brought forth the modern nation of Israel.  Jerusalem was not even in Israeli control till 1967. 

Another take on Isaiah 66. Doesn't mean it is right, but it does have some merit.

Edited by OldCoot

Sign in to follow this