• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

18 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

"And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee:  for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell." Matthew 5:29.  

Jesus was a hell, fire and brimstone preacher.  Here he warned about how bad winding up in hell is.  Jesus warns about the need to repent and live right to avoid hell many times.  Read the book of Matthew straight through.

I agree .....I like to send unbelievers to Matt 5 where He shows a lustfull thought or look is as bad as Adultery....only a fool would think they could perform to God’s level to be justified.In a nutshell, what God demands is perfection to enter His Heaven.Good luck with that. For those who know they are sinners who can’t keep the Laws Of God, which incidentally is the reason they were given, there is a big “ loop- hole”. It’s called Grace— actual Good News! Find it here—- 1Cor15:1-4.....Jesus told Paul to tell us that this is the way to be saved in this wonderful Age of Grace.

58 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

It's probably safe to say we won't be seeing him in Heaven. God bless!

Shalom, 

David/BeauJangles

Most of us know what happens when we “ assume” things.Having said that: This is probably the safest assumption ever made. (the fact that Adolf s in Hell ) The great comedy writer, Mel Brooks who is Jewish, of course , constantly preaches that Hitler must be ridiculed at every occasion- that is the best way to remember that Monster.I agree.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Not only does The Book say men every where to repent... but that judgment starts at Gods house.  Your words stir me up inside Michael... how I do love the truth.  want nothing but truth.   Oh help me God!

If we are truly preaching the gospel, it wont be us speaking, But The Holy Ghost.  God will put His Words in our mouth, He will give unction.  We do not know what others need to hear.  I think many are so used to preaching what "my gospel is" they forget to stop and ask God to give utterance... to give Him our mouth... yield it to Him saying you made it use it... use me to preach, to seek the lost.  When God speaks thru us it grabs ahold of their heart, it convicts them, it edifys them, it moves them.  even more, it accomplishes His will.  God can give utterance to a donkey... can He not? 

there is nothing like when God uses you.  its pretty crumby when someone else uses you.  but when God uses you... when He speaks thru you, when the Spirit falls on you... and that river flows, its truly awesome. 

This is something believers need to focus on in their prayer life.  Seeking Gods gifts to build up His Kingdom.  to edify.  to preach the gospel.  for God to use them... but we must also be available.  only clean vessles will He use.  The Book tells us to desire the gifts, and even now we have believers and whole churches with a cessasionist stance.  to those i tell you... I have experienced 7 of the 9 gifts.(am i to believe I am special)  the gifts are for today.  they have not gone anywhere.  it is us who has abandoned asking, seeking, and knocking. 

Only God knows what they need to hear.  We do not.  He is a revealer of secrets.  in all ways.  Let us lean on Him.  not our own understanding. 

Amen. Truly, His promise is that "when we search for Him with all our heart, He will be found by us"  (Jer 29:13-14) And "Indeed, the Lord God does nothing without revealing His counsel to His servants the prophets." (Amos 3:7). Our place is to be serving Him, having "presented our bodies a living sacrifice, holy & acceptable to God" (Rom 12:1), that we might truly have "ears to hear what the Spirit says to the churches", and ourselves "always be ready to give an answer to those who ask you to give a reason for the hope that is within you." (1Pet 3:15)

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Jesus later said that if we believed that He died for our sins and believe that He arose from the dead we would be saved......I’ll go with what He said after He accomplished His mission at the Cross.Grace is so much better than Law....it makes me want to please God out of love.....please take note, Grace doubters and Newbies....this is the reality of a Grace Believer......We are always being attacked by the unlearned that we are looking for a “ license to sin”. Don’t buy into that horse-hockey.The only “ license” I am interested is one that is so much better— a license to rest! I got it and it is fantastic.....if some of you only knew......

Are you  claiming Jesus said those words about believing on him after the cross?  I think you are mistaken.  You would also be mistaken if you are claiming he contradicted himself in the gospels.  This is a serious problem with what you are teaching.  You can't reconcile the scriptures.  You must pit one against another.  

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I agree .....I like to send unbelievers to Matt 5 where He shows a lustfull thought or look is as bad as Adultery....only a fool would think they could perform to God’s level to be justified.In a nutshell, what God demands is perfection to enter His Heaven.Good luck with that. For those who know they are sinners who can’t keep the Laws Of God, which incidentally is the reason they were given, there is a big “ loop- hole”. It’s called Grace— actual Good News! Find it here—- 1Cor15:1-4.....Jesus told Paul to tell us that this is the way to be saved in this wonderful Age of Grace.

He doesn't demand perfection.  He demands we do our best.  

• Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

As posted ( and this is true ) by a member recently, Jesus did speak of Hell more often than He did of Heaven. 

And Jesus spoke more about the Kingdom of God than anything else. Especially since the Kingdom of God is our goal; that Kingdom on earth where God will dwell among men when the spiritual & physical realms converge. :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

11 hours ago, Michael (limmuwd) said:

And, of a Truth, the Lake of Fire is for wicked people, not all who didn't "receive Christ" in this life. 

John teaches that we are all headed for the lake of fire until we receive Christ.  It is definitely the destination of those who reject Christ.

Joh 3:17  AMP   For God did not send the Son into the world in order to judge (to reject, to condemn, to pass sentence on) the world, but that the world might find salvation and be made safe and sound through Him.

Joh 3:18  He who believes in Him [who clings to, trusts in, relies on Him] is not judged [he who trusts in Him never comes up for judgment; for him there is no rejection, no condemnation—he incurs no damnation]; but he who does not believe (cleave to, rely on, trust in Him) is judged already [he has already been convicted and has already received his sentence] because he has not believed in and trusted in the name of the only begotten Son of God. [He is condemned for refusing to let his trust rest in Christ's name.]

Joh 3:19  The [basis of the] judgment (indictment, the test by which men are judged, the ground for the sentence) lies in this: the Light has come into the world, and people have loved the darkness rather than and more than the Light, for their works (deeds) were evil. [Isa 5:20]

Joh 3:20  For every wrongdoer hates (loathes, detests) the Light, and will not come out into the Light but shrinks from it, lest his works (his deeds, his activities, his conduct) be exposed and reproved.

• Praise God! 1

14 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

He doesn't demand perfection.  He demands we do our best.  

NOT for Salvation.....that is a gift for anybody that comes to Him with a Holy Spirit created , contrite heart that essentially says.... “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner”.  “ ALL that ask for mercy shall receive it”. Call me a fool , but I just happen to believe Jesus when He makes a promise.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

The reason people fight so hard to act like Hebrews 10 doesn't mention sins that are done willfully is they know they can be avoided.  They want to make living a life acceptable to God impossible, but it isn't.  The  blood covers sins that are not done willful, but not those that are.  If you commit willful sins, you must confess them to be restored.  If you don't confess them, you lose your salvation, but the thing is, nobody makes you choose to commit a sin ever, and you know when you do it.  Just say no to sin.

• Oy Vey! 1

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

NOT for Salvation.....that is a gift for anybody that comes to Him with a Holy Spirit created , contrite heart that essentially says.... “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner”.  “ ALL that ask for mercy shall receive it”. Call me a fool , but I just happen to believe Jesus when He makes a promise.

Why don't you believe his warnings about hell?