• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

7 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

Why don't you believe his warnings about hell?

I do ! Hell was my motivation to be saved. It is a valid motivation. I don’t worry about Hell anymore.....if you believed the Gospel  that saves...that part where it says “ Jesus died for my sins” you would escape the fear of Hell also.The only ones that should fear Hell are those who do not believe Jesus was who He claimed to be.God in the flesh.  

• Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Willa said:

Joh 3:17  ESV  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Joh 3:18  Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Joh 3:19  And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.

Joh 3:20  For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

Joh 3:21  But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God."

If you want KJV you won't get it from me.  The closest I do is NKJV.

I am KJV only, but that is okay.  Of course Jesus didn't come to condemn the world.  It was already condemned.  Even though he died for the sins of world, not everyone is saved. 

You must believe to have a chance to be saved.

Sinners do prefer evil over good.  

People in sin will often avoid coming to Jesus because they don't like feeling convicted.

Those living right have confidence before God, not because they saved themselves, but because they know they are doing their best.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I do ! Hell was my motivation to be saved. It is a valid motivation. I don’t worry about Hell anymore.....if you believed the Gospel  that saves...that part where it says “ Jesus died for my sins” you would escape the fear of Hell also.The only ones that should fear Hell are those who do not believe Jesus was who He claimed to be.God in the flesh.  

The fear of God is the  beginning of wisdom and to fear God and keep his commandments is our duty.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Do you believe Paul when he says these who commit certain sins listed in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 won't inherit the kingdom of God?  He doesn't make exceptions for Christians.

I do believe him.

Edited by Firm Foundation
  • Thumbs Up 1

Jesus said in Luke 13:4, if we don't repent we will perish.  Do you believe him?

ABSOLUTELY.......on Monday you think you are an OK guy .....On Tuesday you realize you are not OK.....you are a wretched sinner who deserves Hell......you changed your mind......you repented  .Now that you see the Truth as the Holy Spirit has convicted you of sin, you suddenly realize you’d better get a Saviour and FAST.Jesus is that Savior. Just say “ Jesus, save me” with a sincere, contrite heart and you are IN ! God has made Salvation so simple, but we have to see that we need it....THAT is the repentance that God requires.

1 minute ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

ABSOLUTELY.......on Monday you think you are an OK guy .....On Tuesday you realize you are not OK.....you are a wretched sinner who deserves Hell......you changed your mind......you repented  .Now that you see the Truth as the Holy Spirit has convicted you of sin, you suddenly realize you’d better get a Saviour and FAST.Jesus is that Savior. Just say “ Jesus, save me” with a sincere, contrite heart and you are IN ! God has made Salvation so simple, but we have to see that we need it....THAT is the repentance that God requires.

You are ignoring a lot of scriptures I posted, because the only way you can answer them is to try to say they mean something different than what they say, or you must add to them.  That is how this back and forth works.  If I don't accept what you post, you say I don't believe Jesus, while you don't expect to be held to the same standard with scriptures that work against you.

I am KJV only, but that is okay.  Of course Jesus didn't come to condemn the world.  It was already condemned.  Even though he died for the sins of world, not everyone is saved. 

You must believe to have a chance to be saved.

Sinners do prefer evil over good.  

People in sin will often avoid coming to Jesus because they don't like feeling convicted.

Those living right have confidence before God, not because they saved themselves, but because they know they are doing their best.

Those that think “ doing their best”  is going to get them to Heaven are damned. Sorry. “ doing your best” is a far cry from meeting God’s Standard. That would be Perfection.If your eyes are opened by the Holy Spirit, you will see that you are nothing but a wretched, lost, Hell deserving sinner.If you are blessed in that manner to see the Truth of your condition before a God who is Holy, you might look for  an alternative plan that was actually given by God to help us hopeless , helpless sinners.God has that plan that was hidden for millenia. It’s called “ the Gospel”. Sound familiar? I thought so. Find it in 1Cor15:1-4. Believe Jesus died for all of your sins and that He arose from the grave and you are home free— literally.You will be in my prayers....

• This is Worthy 1

2 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Those that think “ doing their best”  is going to get them to Heaven are damned. Sorry. “ doing your best” is a far cry from meeting God’s Standard. That would be Perfection.If your eyes are opened by the Holy Spirit, you will see that you are nothing but a wretched, lost, Hell deserving sinner.If you are blessed in that manner to see the Truth of your condition before a God who is Holy, you might look for  an alternative plan that was actually given by God to help us hopeless , helpless sinners.God has that plan that was hidden for millenia. It’s called “ the Gospel”. Sound familiar? I thought so. Find it in 1Cor15:1-4. Believe Jesus died for all of your sins and that He arose from the grave and you are home free— literally.You will be in my prayers....

That would be true if we were doing that on our own without Jesus.  His blood washes away those sins done by mistake, and the willful ones we confess.  You still have no answers for the scriptures I posted.  This is deflection.

• This is Worthy 1

32 minutes ago, Firm Foundation said:

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.  2 Peter 2:20

Obviously, chastisement or even an early death is not as bad as hell.  Do you believe Peter?

Start with this.  Do you believe Peter?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Heb 12:5  And have you forgotten the exhortation that addresses you as sons? "My son, do not regard lightly the discipline of the Lord, nor be weary when reproved by him.

Heb 12:6  For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives."

Heb 12:7  It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?

Heb 12:8  If you are left without discipline, in which all have participated, then you are illegitimate children and not sons.

Heb 12:9  Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live?

Heb 12:10  For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness.

Heb 12:11  For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Heb 12:12  Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees,

Heb 12:13  and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed.