• Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

3 hours ago, Who me said:

Yes he did.

And are you perfect?

It is a command, not something saying that we will be able to achieve it.

As 1John say, 'If we say we are without sin we 'decieve OURSELVES' and the truth is not in us.

We need a target, a goal to aim at.

No, I am not perfect. If he said we must be perfect, then we have to be perfect.

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118

Yes he did.

And are you perfect?

It is a command, not something saying that we will be able to achieve it.

As 1John say, 'If we say we are without sin we 'decieve OURSELVES' and the truth is not in us.

We need a target, a goal to aim at.

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

No, I am not perfect. If he said we must be perfect, then we have to be perfect.

We have all sinned, but where does the Bible tell us it is impossible to stop sinning?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Paul is demonstrating that the Christian life is not as some say, a bed of roses', but that it is like being a new recruit in the army, one of constant striving to achieve an acceptable level.

Unlike the army recruit who does get fit and learns, the Christian is in basic training for life.

Paul was that recruit in the army, and immediately the Jews were so threatened by his level of wisdom that they needed to dispose of him, he did not need to strive long to achieve that acceptable level to the Lord.

Acts 9:And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.23 And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:

Acts 9:But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.28 And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem.29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.

Unlike the recruits of this worlds army, they take time to get fit and advance, as they do so by their own power, but by the power of God His power is mighty in us as soon as He gives it, which is immediately as this is the grace of Christ..

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
Colossians 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Sinning is hurting the ones we are to ,love, and loving another is not difficult, love is of God, He is a very commanding force compared to satan, as light excells darkness, and when people walked in the darkness of satan, they had no light, and now the true light has shined in the hearts, there is no more darkness left, or any place for the dark, there is only dark if you have no light in you. Those who hate their brother walk in darkness and never knew the light, and people say we cant be perfect, because they think that God cant be perfect in us and through us, and some claim they are seen as perfect by God by being the most evil possible, if that was the case God would not have a problem with anyone including satan, but satan and all his angels/followers have a problem for believing the lies and deception of the lying spirit that makes them forget everything that God showed in the way of righteousness, so that they will not believe it in their heart, repent turn and be saved from the sin that they die in which is also disbelief.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep hiscommandments: and his commandments are notgrievous.

Ecclesiastes 2:13 Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as lightexcelleth darkness.

Romans 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

John 11:Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.

1 John 2:8Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Luke 11:36 If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

Romans 14:23 And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

14 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

We have all sinned, but where does the Bible tell us it is impossible to stop sinning?

“ If we say we have no sin, we call God a liar”

....the sin that so easily besets us”

“ I have not attained all that I should”.  Paul speaking

“ I find myself doing what I hate”.....Paul had been a Saved Christians at least 10 years when he made this claim

“ We have an advocate.....”.  Only sinners need an advocate

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

20 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

1John1:If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Are you saying you can live without sinning? How do you react to verse10.

• Followers:  5
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

20 hours ago, gordon7777 said:

Paul was that recruit in the army, and immediately the Jews were so threatened by his level of wisdom that they needed to dispose of him, he did not need to strive long to achieve that acceptable level to the Lord.

Acts 9:And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.21 But all that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests?22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.23 And after that many days were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him:

Acts 9:But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus.28 And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem.29 And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.

Unlike the recruits of this worlds army, they take time to get fit and advance, as they do so by their own power, but by the power of God His power is mighty in us as soon as He gives it, which is immediately as this is the grace of Christ..

Acts 3:12 And when Peter saw it, he answered unto the people, Ye men of Israel, why marvel ye at this? or why look ye so earnestly on us, as though by our own power or holiness we had made this man to walk?
Colossians 1:11 Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
Colossians 1:29 Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Yes and Paul complained that he could not do the good he wanted to do, but did the evil he didn't want to do.

Paul, a sevant who suffered greatly for Jesus, is an example to us the he was a sinner saved by grace, just like us.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

“ If we say we have no sin, we call God a liar”

....the sin that so easily besets us”

“ I have not attained all that I should”.  Paul speaking

“ I find myself doing what I hate”.....Paul had been a Saved Christians at least 10 years when he made this claim

“ We have an advocate.....”.  Only sinners need an advocate

We already know the Lord told us to repent (Matt 4:17). Where does it say that it is impossible to repent?

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, johnthebaptist said:

We already know the Lord told us to repent (Matt 4:17). Where does it say that it is impossible to repent?

Beats the heck out of me......you can repent as long as you are breathing I would think...

2 hours ago, Who me said:

1John1:If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

Are you saying you can live without sinning? How do you react to verse10.

I say it over and over and over again - WE HAVE ALL SINNED, but we don't have to continue sinning. The Lord told us to repent (Matt 4:17) and that we have to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect (Matt 5:48).