• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

21 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Isn't this amazing?  Why is there even a controversy here?  Shouldn't everyone insist that we must "not take away from God's word?"

Controversy fills the earth.   Most everyone,  except the Ekklesia,  serve the deomsn, and the flesh,  without repenting.  Thus,  controversy.

As Jesus said, He Brings a Sword (His Word),  not peace, to separate/deliver/save His children from the world/ sin/ self/ flesh.    Most readers,  most of the population everywhere,  refuses to turn to Jesus,  they don't want to be saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

No man can come to Jesus except the Father draw him. Jesus said in the end many hearts shall draw cold

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  898
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/19/2019 at 3:00 AM, Footprint said:

Try to get a job at the U.N. as a translator, giving only the sentiment of the speaker.

hi Footprint (nice name btw :) )

I am not an expert .. but I think that sometimes it might be difficult to directly translate some things.. literal word for word .. from one language into another unrelated language.

For example if I were to translate your worthy name 'Footprint' into my second language.. I would be able to translate it directly..but by using 3 words phrase .. something like "effect base leg".

The meaning of that is basically the same as the english word 'footprint'.  That is why I can translate it directly.... i.e because term /concept for a footprint already exists in my second language..

However if the term or concept of a footprint did not exist in my second language.. then I would have to find another way to explain what a footprint is.... i.e  I might have to explain the meaning of what a footprint is.. even if it meant using more words perhaps.

Anyways just some thoughts thats all.  I think translation between languages can often be interesting.. but sometimes perhaps a bit frustrating too at times?  Just a thought :)

Thanks

Edited by just_abc
  • This is Worthy 1