• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

On 6/16/2019 at 2:08 PM, EdnaRuth said:

I hope this is allowed ...I wonder what some of you think about Washington and where it is taking us in the world. Many of my church members believe this administration is not what a Christian should be "allowing" to continue. Not wanting to cause a feud with anyone I believe the opposite.  I seems safe to have this discussion on line than in person...lol thanks

Same politics as in the first century.

Same as in the Untied States for over 100 years.

Nothing new under the sun.

".... where it i staking us in the world. ....."   ???

Follow the politicians, 

OR

FOLLOW JESUS. 

No one can do both.  

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I don't believe that the question of impeachment being Biblical is germane in so much as the motive behind it. One side is definitely anti Biblical as far as I can see without going down the list of what they support. So I wonder how anyone who truly knows the Bible can defend what they are doing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  20

28 minutes ago, EdnaRuth said:

I don't believe that the question of impeachment being Biblical is germane in so much as the motive behind it. One side is definitely anti Biblical as far as I can see without going down the list of what they support. So I wonder how anyone who truly knows the Bible can defend what they are doing. 

No one who knows Scripture and understands the power of Yahuweh (God)

claim democracy is Christian,  nor any party,  nor politics as usual - which has been evil and subject to the prince

of the power of the air for decades if not centuries.

Thinking one party or another is "Christian",   is indefensible, and unprovable,  by Scripture.

Don't be for nor against one side or the other - instead

as the answer in the Bible was given "I AM FOR THE LORD" (not for either side).....

Thus as the Lord Says:  COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE......

'while there is still light....'

or 'while there is still time ....'   (not everyone,  not nearly everyone,  manages to escape)

32 minutes ago, EdnaRuth said:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

On 6/16/2019 at 3:08 PM, EdnaRuth said:

Many of my church members believe this administration is not what a Christian should be "allowing" to continue.

I was going to ask  this before I got caught up in the impeachment stuff, but why do your church members feel that the administration is not Christian?   Maybe if you could say what issues they are having that make them feel the administration is unchristian I could better answer the post.     ( I keep thinking I should have worded this better but my house is very noise right now and I can't think) :happyhappy:

Guest PinkBelt

The ruling class have done a great job of distracting the American people from the fact that they are being robbed.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

On 6/16/2019 at 2:08 PM, EdnaRuth said:

I hope this is allowed ...I wonder what some of you think about Washington and where it is taking us in the world. Many of my church members believe this administration is not what a Christian should be "allowing" to continue. Not wanting to cause a feud with anyone I believe the opposite.  I seems safe to have this discussion on line than in person...lol thanks

Overall, I think Trump is doing a great job.  The problem is Democrats in Congress.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,219
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 6/16/2019 at 3:08 PM, EdnaRuth said:

The fact that you begin your post with the hope of a lack of censorship tells the tale, answers the question and predicts the future for American politics.

'There ought to be limits to freedom.' - Presidential candidate George W. Bush in a press conference at the Texas State House, May 21, 1999

On October 26, 2001, by vote of congress, the United States became a fascist police state.  The first ten amendments of the US constitution are called the Bill of Rights.   On October 26, 2001 the first of many laws were enacted by congress to subvert and ultimately remove those limits upon the Federal government as it applied to citizens.   Government needs to be chained, not people.   Unfortunately, the removal of Bill of Rights guarantees of liberty for citizens no longer applies.   If Uncle Sam wants to do a thing, there is nothing any citizen can do about it.

"The role of government is to rein in the rights of the people." - Bill Clinton

What then is the purpose of elected members of congress?   Their purpose is to gain and retain power.   Elected service has nothing to do with serving US citizens or benefitting the country.  

"Any individual who is able to raise [enough money] to be considered presidential is not going to be much use to the people at large. He will represent...whatever moneyed entities are paying for him.... Hence, the sense of despair throughout the land as incomes fall, businesses fail and there is no redress." - GORE VIDAL

From the moment a person is elected to office they MUST begin to work on reelection.  We see and hear their rhetoric as a normal course of events today.   The gloves are off and the wicked process is exposed for everyone to see.   Elected officials seek reelection from the moment they assume office.   They serve those who finance their election - the big money and the special interest favors.  They do not serve those who only vote.

Where is Washington taking us in the world?  The Washington you refer to is hopelessly gridlocked in its own avarice and greed to power.  Little of value has been done by any congress in recent years and despite the cheap theatrics of candidates for office little may be expected in the future.   Election is a contest of personalities only.   It has nothing to do with the good of the people.

Those who rule are not elected.  

The military-industrial complex described by President Eisenhower, the intelligence community signed into legal existence by President Truman, and the American Financial Cartel signed into law by President Woodrow Wilson all conspire together or separately to rule the nation and to uphold the American global hegemony.  These three entities have come to be known as the Deep State because the elected government is subservient to their wishes.

Anybody who believes the United States is still their country is sadly mistaken.  It belongs to the power elite - the autonomous power blocks of the Deep State and those with the power and influence to command millions to do their bidding whether they agree with it or no.

Consequently one may not reasonably expect things to change in Washington regardless of who sits in the White House.   The Oval Office is a middle level management position and he or she who sits there MUST obey their superiors - elements of the Deep State.  

Governments may come and go, but the bureaucracy endures continually. - Vladimir Putin

"The American people have no idea what is happening to them." - Pravda

“A noise shall come even to the ends of the earth; for the LORD hath a controversy with the nations, He will plead with all flesh;

He will give them that are wicked to the sword, saith the LORD.” - Jeremiah 25:31

"The United States is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world." - Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.  circa 1966

It is reasonable to assume the United States is no longer be blessed of God.  Indeed, His justice has already begun to visit us.  Read the newspapers and watch TV coverage.  Is America experiencing blessing or are we being divided and consumed every day?   Americans are drunk on war and we shall drink the wine of violence and deceit and murder and mindless bloodshed to the very dregs of the cup God has put in our hands.  God will judge America the way a man wipes a plate.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

On 6/16/2019 at 12:08 PM, EdnaRuth said:

I can't see how Trump could do any better as president

But all you hear on the Left is IMPEACHMENT! For what? For being 10 times better a president than The Hill would've been?

After learning about all the corruption in the DOJ and FBI and how the Dems tried to throw the election to Ms Hill.. went after Trump unlawfully to keep him from being president (or staying president).. I am ashamed of my country, for the most part. If the Rs let the Ds get away with this corruption, well.. I would feel like throwing in the towel vis a vis my interest in following DC news.. I mean, if there is never any accountability  and there is always this 2 tiered "justice" system (one standard for all the nobodies and another for "Friends of Bill"...), what is the point of us even knowing about it? All it does is cause depression. It causes us to be disturbed, consciously or otherwise.. because here we were thinking that America.. was different.   

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I can understand your comment ..and...if being honest I allow the goings on to get to me but only for a moment....then I remember who I am and I know the Lord is control...He is allowing all these incendiary comments and actions. for a reason I believe...we as Christians need to be in the world and not of it ...I refuse to let anyone destroy my joy. Constant cable politics and social media have really stepped over into the destruction of our society...Don't let it get you down...we  know  the end of the story God Bless

• Group:  Catholic
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.34

On 8/10/2019 at 5:53 AM, EdnaRuth said:

I can understand your comment ..and...if being honest I allow the goings on to get to me but only for a moment....then I remember who I am and I know the Lord is control...He is allowing all these incendiary comments and actions. for a reason I believe...we as Christians need to be in the world and not of it ...I refuse to let anyone destroy my joy. Constant cable politics and social media have really stepped over into the destruction of our society...Don't let it get you down...we  know  the end of the story God Bless

well, frankly, I doubt that "God is in control"

God gave man free will and as we all can see, most men choose to do evil. Jesus said that few find the narrow way to Heaven. He even said or implied that most "Christians" don't make it. 

Jesus said that only those who do the will of the Father will enter Heaven. It doesn't look to me like many people are actually doing God's will. Evil will triumph when people do nothing to stop it. And it seems conservatives are not doing enough to stop it..