IGNORED

Is believing in Jesus enough for salvation according to John 3:16?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Mike Mclees said:

We are not talking about the Old Testament. Are we on the same page together?  let me rephrase. In the parables Matt 24 &25 Jesus addresses the New Testament believers. These parables  do not support OSAS. He is saying you could miss your dinner date

Help me understand what you believe:

1) The OT was written to different people groups

2) The NT was written only to Christian believers

3) This is true, though 75% of the NT or more is explaining/expanding on the OT

4) You are not willing to believe that Matthew 24/25, where, for example, Jesus says the Jewish people will meet His Return in person, could possibly be written to Jews

5) You are willing to say OSAS is wrong because of parables and other sections that people have debated for years, but will not support a clear doctrinal statement like, "He who trusts God HAS eternal life and does NOT get judged, but has ALREADY passed out of death into ETERNAL life." -- John 5:24

Please have the last word here--I don't think I can help because rather than explain the Bible back to me, you keep saying I'm a false teacher. I will, however, continue any discussion that is better than "you have to understand the whole Bible, not just the 150 verses you mentioned to me."

• Oy Vey! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,773
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

2 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

saying I'm a false teacher

If this occurs ... report it.  I'll deal with it.  :)

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

"you must be born again".

This is the only proof of salvation.

Works, lifestyle, good deeds, .. these can all be performed and none will save you, or keep you saved.

There are many in Hell right now, and many on the way who live a good and holy lifestyle, and mean well, and try to keep the 10 commandments.

All of this is "filthy rags", when you compare it the same way God compares it to the Blood of Jesus.

And that is the only true way to SEE your works.........that is....in the Holy Light of the Divine Blood of Jesus.

So...What saves you, is the same that keeps you saved.

= Jesus., and nothing else will do it.

Philippians 1:6

Edited by Behold
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

2 hours ago, George said:

To believe is trusting your entire life, your entire existence in what God has done, and is doing for you! 

So this is the belief that saves!  Do you believe?  If so, then the answer is YES!  :)

I think for many coming fully to this understanding and trusting fully in Him is a process, as its also in relation to what our relationship with Christ is like and our knowledge of His word is like.

Many come broken to the cross,many need to learn to trust God and place their trust in God and His Word. I have found the more we place our trust in God and His Word, the more He can heal, and teach and guide us out of our sin struggles and sickness.   

Sins, generational sins, bring on demons spirits. Christ Jesus cast out a lot of demons spirits from His followers even in Peter, He said to Peter, get though behind me satan.  People can be saved yet if they have strongholds of sin/sickness, they may need deliverance from them. Christ Jesus taught his disciples to cast out demons  . We can pray deliverance from our own demons through the Blood of Christ Jesus, by casting them out through the blood of Christ Jesus.

Many may not believe, but the bible does teach that their are  demonspirits of sickness, demon spirits of infinity that can attach to a person through sin, and generational sin/curses. these need healing/deliverance and need to be cast out through the blood and name of  ChristJesus.

The fruits of the spirit are:

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The works of the flesh:

Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Mark 16:17-18

1And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

And many who say they are christian remain sick, or asleep because they do not examine themselves .

I very much appreciate the Lords super as if we partake in it sincerely there is healing. 

1Corinthians ch11:23-33

23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Edited by 1to3

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Why not defend yourself with Scripture instead of crying to the mods? If the shoe fits- wear it......or prove me wrong. I invite any and all who worry about “ willful sinning” to view what George posted in the video section under Tozer....so simply explained......I wish I knew about this Tozer sermon years ago....I hope Newbies will get off on the right foot.....Don’t fall for the misunderstand of this verse that many will not even look at.....this is not a case where “ ignorance is bliss”.....God orders us to “ show ourselves to be good students of His Word”. The Bible can be a very dangerous book if you are not willing to “ rightly divide” God’s Word.

I don't need to defend charges of being stiff necked or willfully ignorant.  This post has been reported.

• Steward

1Co 5:4  When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 
1Co 5:5  you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. 

@1to3 Many of the passages you just referred to ... are similar to this ..

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

Just now, Firm Foundation said:

I don't need to defend charges of being stiff necked or willfully ignorant.  This post has been reported.

And it was dealt with ... and mind everyone ... we're having a discussion ... some people are getting ready to be removed from this thread ... 

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, George said:

And it was dealt with ... and mind everyone ... we're having a discussion ... some people are getting ready to be removed from this thread ... 

I was responding to a notification.  I wasn't aware it was dealt with.  My apologies for not reading past it before responding.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

Listen ... it's very easy to get drawn into a fiery discussion ... harder to not get burned!  ;)

From my perspective it's simply this ...

On one side ... there are those saying ... if you believe OSAS then you're lost because there's no "works" OF salvation.  Because true salvation is more than a "sinners' prayer".  

On the other side ... there are those saying ... if you are truly born again ... that birthing process is what truly saves someone not works ... and to constantly worry about losing salvation is not truly trusting in Him for your salvation ... and thus one is not truly saved.

The reality ... both sides are closer than one would appear -- 

Salvation is wholly and completely a work of God -- a GIFT of God ... and there is NOT a single thing you can do to ADD to His salvation! 

Once this birthing process has begun ... a change will appear in the life of an individual ... and their lives will ultimately start producing fruit for the Kingdom in some fashion or another.  However, this production of fruit ... is the work of SANCTIFICATION ... not SALVATION ... 

I did a series of devotions ... on the Salt Covenant ... that applies so well here.

https://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/season-with-salt

https://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/understand-the-lords-part-in-the-salt-covenant

https://www.worthydevotions.com/christian-devotional/understand-your-part-in-the-salt-covenant

Hopefully this will be insightful for some,

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,220

16 minutes ago, George said:

1Co 5:4  When you are assembled in the name of the Lord Jesus and my spirit is present, with the power of our Lord Jesus, 
1Co 5:5  you are to deliver this man to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord. 

@1to3 Many of the passages you just referred to ... are similar to this ..

The full version of 1Corhtians 5 is rather stern: If I understand correctly, it says in v5 to deliver such a person unto satan so that they may mortaly die- but their spirit be saved ?

1 Corinthians 5

It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

And ye are puffed up, and have not rather mourned, that he that hath done this deed might be taken away from among you.

For I verily, as absent in body, but present in spirit, have judged already, as though I were present, concerning him that hath so done this deed,

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,

5 To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?

Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:

10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.

11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?

13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.