Dennis1209

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Time keeps on slipping                    slipping                          slipping                                            into the future.......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Time is what keeps everything from happening at once :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  952
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,568
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

As is told within Luke 12 our spirit may be required of us this very night. Using time allotted well is to our advantage in every way if we are  to love our Lord and to glorify him in all that we do.

1 Corinthians 3 urges us all in how we are to use time allotted.

16 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

It takes "time" to learn and mature; it takes 'time' for the flowers, corn and grass to grow; it takes 'time' for the movement of anything. I'm not disagreeing at all but; in eternity if we're living outside of time, do we see the past, present and future? No doubt we're not going to know the answers to my questions until we're in eternity, but it's interesting to talk about creation, the power of God, and our increasing understanding in this age of the miracle of it all and how everything is interrelated. 

Is this not a stage of eternity? 

Dennis, if you do not have a copy of "The greatest Book On Dispensational Truth In The World" , originally titled simply "Dispensational Truth"  (God's Plan and Purpose in the Ages) by Clarence Larkin   you might get one, as it is in print again.  I think you might much enjoy having his etchings.

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,465
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

11 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Morning fellow coffee drinker with time on your hands,

Time is NOT dependent upon humans nor upon earth nor it's rotation. Time does exist independent of humanity's state of being. There are the mechanics of time the theories of times, and of origins, and of motion, of an expanding universe; BUT it doesn't much matter for God has chosen to communicate  to us  as He has chosen when He wills to  as He wills, for the purposes he chooses. He has spoken in terms of time, and in terms of money, throughout His communication  to and with His creation.

He has said that if His created human servants his disciples  of Jesus do not share of Him and  of His sovereignty over all  that is, then He will make the very rocks cry out of it. Time is a part of God's creation, that can be used as measurement,  as testimony of God's existence, and His very sovereignty.  

God has given us measure in physical matters and in spiritual ones too. He has given us variables that are precise in measurement as well. He has given us prophecy and times and signs of times and times of signs. All fun stuff to ponder upon, yet fruitless if it is not put to use, doing the common things God wills for us to be doing to His glory.

Is the end of our  human life in the flesh the end of time for us? I suggest that it is a beginning of yet a new period that will unfold - in time.

All absolutely true! 

In addition, the Lord also gave us the natural instinct (for lack of a better word) to question; who are we, why are we here, where are we going, where are we at and whom exactly am I; the glorious creation of everything that is; a curiosity to seek Him and ask questions. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (KJV) To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,465
  • Content Per Day:  2.70

8 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Is this not a stage of eternity? 

Dennis, if you do not have a copy of Dispensational Truth or God's Plan and Purpose in the Ages by Clerance Larkin   you might get one, as it is in print again.  I think you might much enjoy having his etchings.

I as previously mentioned somewhere, I do study Larkin's commentary on Daniel and Revelation. Weather permitting (having storms, rain thick cloud cover w/ constant I-net satellite interruption), I'm going to order it today. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

In addition, the Lord also gave us the natural instinct (for lack of a better word) to question; who are we, why are we here, where are we going, where are we at and whom exactly am I; the glorious creation of everything that is; a curiosity to seek Him and ask questions. 

Now that is interesting; "a God given natural instinct to question Him". I'll have to think on that,  starting with "natural"? Or perhaps as result of doubt after the fall of the first Adam? Did Adam know where he was going in his state of innocence,  was he brilliant of mind in  his assignment to name all things? Did he ask questions when He walked with God?

I will have to read and think abit on that one. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Dennis1209 said:

I as previously mentioned somewhere, I do study Larkin's commentary on Daniel and Revelation. Weather permitting (having storms, rain thick cloud cover w/ constant I-net satellite interruption), I'm going to order it today. 

It  is the 100th Anniversary edition for sale by  the Publishers Rev. Clarence Larkin Est. P.O. Box 334, Glenside, Pa. 19038, USA

You might find an older copy simply titled Dispensational Truth copyrighted 1918  enlarged and revised 1920 I have a 32nd printing of that edition as well as th e100th anniversary one. All printed by the Larkin Est.

As to time and eternity, and creation's times do you look into  the theories of Gerald Schroeder? See http://www.geraldschroeder.com/AgeUniverse.aspx

I read some of his material and have his book somewhere here. I used to watch Zola Levitt and him have some very  interesting and productive for my own thinking on Zola Levitt presents.

Gee I miss those days!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86

“Time, time, time.....is on my side......yes it is!” ???