• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  206
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  5,608
  • Content Per Day:  2.79
  • Days Won:  33

Hi everyone,

Have you noticed that most people, believers in Christ or not, like to see the sun? Most of us love to have a sunny day.

Where we live, we don't see a lot of it, due to having lots of solid clouds over us, becase of being in a cove and near mountains. The irony is not lost on me when I often say; "Oh, I hope we see the sun today!" Even though, when I say it in that context, I am meaning the yellow thing in the sky, but I do also think; "Yes I would LOVE to see the SON in the sky today!"

Wonder if it is in built in all of us, that the reason us as humans like to see the sun, is because, even non believers, without knowing it, long to see the SON? (Jesus).

Just a thought.

Becky.

Edited by Rebecca Pickles
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,283
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

45 minutes ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

Hi everyone,

Have you noticed that most people, believers in Christ or not, like to see the sun? Most of us love to have a sunny day.

Where we live, we don't see a lot of it, due to having lots of solid clouds over us, becase of being in a cove and near mountains. The irony is not lost on me when I often say; "Oh, I hope we see the sun today!" Even though, when I say it in that context, I am meaning the yellow thing in the sky, but I do also think; "Yes I would LOVE to see the SON in the sky today!"

Wonder if it is in built in all of us, that the reason us as humans like to see the sun, is because, even non believers, without knowing it, long to see the SON? (Jesus).

Just a thought.

Becky.

Psalm 19:1    "To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the sky above proclaims his handiwork.

Romans 1:19-20 "Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse"

God is Light!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

I live in a hot desert (Ive been here when we hit a record 122 or 123). Most days are sunny. I dont get excited over the sun. I get excited when its cloudy outside. Oh how I long for rainy days. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 2

4 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

I live in a hot desert (Ive been here when we hit a record 122 or 123). Most days are sunny. I dont get excited over the sun. I get excited when its cloudy outside. Oh how I long for rainy days. 

Hi @ayin jade

The balance of weather and climate is not evenly spread round the world. (Daft thing to say I know).

If I could bottle up our rainy days and send them to you then I would.

Mind you, to have it at those type of temperatures that you've had, that must be unbearable. 

Becky. X

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,822
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

Hi everyone,

Just a thought.

Becky.

The sun-ny heat index is 111 degrees fahrenheit or 43.8889 celcius  today, so take as much  our sun as you might enjoy, please! Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in this.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Neighbor said:

The sun-ny heat index is 111 degrees fahrenheit or 43.8889 celcius  today, so take as much  ou rour sun as you might enjoy. Please! Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in this.

Hi @Neighbor

Ah golly, no that is too hot for me as well. I don't like hot weather, it gets too much. I quite like it cold and sunny.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  967
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,822
  • Content Per Day:  5.05
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Ah a happy little loud is struggling  to pass by under the blaze, what a relief. The thermal shock of a bit o' shade makes one shudder and shiver with relief.

• Thumbs Up 1

My favourite type of weather is a dry cold, snowing, and some sun. :) 

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

45 minutes ago, ayin jade said:

Sounds like ayin lives in one of the hot states .   Like Arizona , parts of California or Texas .     If folks lived here ,  they wont be leaping for joy on a SUNNY day in summer .

You know its bad when the dog walks out of its dog house from under the tree and into the sun and YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPES .      Yall imagine that for a second .

The sun in texas is NOT USER FRIENDLY .    not in the summer anyway . 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,200
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Rebecca Pickles said:

Hi everyone,

Just a thought.

Becky.

Hello;

I believe you are bringing forth a Spiritual truth. For those that love righteousness, I think their hearts are drawn to the light. 

Seeing how we are of the light. As Sower brought  forth;

“God is light.” 

And as children of the light, our hearts long for light and more of it, of all kinds.

Which would coincide with what scripture says about the children of darkness, loving the darkness,  because their deeds are evil and done at night. 

I think to those that are born again, loving the light is a eternal state, and will never change. Only, will the light get more and more lovely. 

(my ponderings)

Blessings, 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1