• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

8 minutes ago, other one said:

we have a bit over three hundred million people here.... 12,000 a year to everyone would cost over 3.6 trillion dollars a year.    I don't understand why people would not spend the $12,000.   I don't think I am grasping the whole concept.    I don't think a VAT tax would raise that kind of revenue without killing our economy.

The jobs that automation takes away creates jobs to maintain the automation....   people just have to do some training to maintain them.   I had a 38 year career at Xerox and I was going to training schools there my whole career....    even the last six months that I worked I took classes to keep up with the industry.   Actually I took classes in things to keep up just in case I needed to go back to work until we got all our finances set up.

I think he meant the VAT people would pay would not exceed the $12,000 a year people would receive.   Not sure if his concept is totally feasible.   Perhaps if he wouldn't give the $1,000 a month to higher income people, that might work.   I have heard of this idea before, but not as high an amount as Yang said.

I just read about the idea more at Yahoo news.   Apparently, it would be an opt-in system.   Also, if a person opted-in, they would not get welfare or food stamps.   Also, companies such as Amazon apparently have alot of tax loopholes which would be dealt with.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

just remember that no corporation really pays taxes...   their customers do....   they have a business model to make a profit and the charges for their products and/or services have to be high enough to pay those taxes.     We the people really pay corporate taxes....

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I've watched much of the debates and from my personal viewpoint the only person who has any chance of beating the President is Tulsi Gabbard...    and there is not any chance of her winning in the primary..