• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1

9 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Please reread the first five words of my post, so you will not continue to misconstrue what I said.When I say “ do nothing” I am referring to receiving the free gift of Salvation.You do nothing to merit  salvation, you can’t do anything to keep yourself saved other than  believe the Gospel that saved you to begin with .Of course , after Salvation , both Paul and James agree that the reason we were saved was to perform good works.These good works do not save or keep us saved. They flow out of us naturally as the Holy Spirit works in and through us.It can’t be helped.And GOD gets all the credit.Good things we do to get Brownie Points with  God are “ dead works”.Our job is to continue the way we started— practicing faith. God will then do His job- work His goodness via the Holy Spirit that indwells us.

If you read my posts you would not respond to any idea that I'm saying we are trying to earn salvation by trying really hard.

So you are responding to an argument I wasn't offering.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,374
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

51 minutes ago, Pekoudah said:

We are not being saved to "do nothing" but to be conformed to both the death and life of Jesus Christ who created us. We were created in the image of God...and we are being restored to THAT image. To be holy as God is holy.

We were created for good works. Don't always be stuck in beginning mode and what saves one initially. If someone saves you from drowning by pulling you out of the water by the hair....you don't need to always keep having your hair pulled to remain "saved."

There is a life IN the Spirit to be lived for the redeemed of the Lord. And it is quite the opposite of "doing nothing." The one who does nothing is like the servant who buried his talent and lost what he thought he had.

We are to bear fruit. Not by human effort...but through allowing God's life to take over what we used to call our own. It is His life lived through us that makes for a fruit that lasts.

But we will each be judged by our works...what we have done with what we have been given. Those who have received grace will be expected to have produced an abundant fruit. To whom much is given, more will be expected.

45 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Amen @Pekoudah.  You're absolutely right.  Saved by the blood to do nothing is not Biblical.  Saved by the blood to serve Yahweh, in the name of our Lord, is.  Beginner stuff. 

You are misconstruing what Blood Bought keeps saying.    He is simply saying we are saved only by grace through faith in Christ's finished work on the cross (justification).    He is not against sanctification.

12 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Please reread the first five words of my post, so you will not continue to misconstrue what I said.When I say “ do nothing” I am referring to receiving the free gift of Salvation.You do nothing to merit  salvation, you can’t do anything to keep yourself saved other than  believe the Gospel that saved you to begin with .Of course , after Salvation , both Paul and James agree that the reason we were saved was to perform good works.These good works do not save or keep us saved. They flow out of us naturally as the Holy Spirit works in and through us.It can’t be helped.And GOD gets all the credit.Good things we do to get Brownie Points with  God are “ dead works”.Our job is to continue the way we started— practicing faith. God will then do His job- work His goodness via the Holy Spirit that indwells us.

I understand, Blood Bought.   We will have good works as a result of our faith and the Holy Spirit working in our hearts/lives....but the works are not what gives salvation.   Christ alone is our Salvation.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

1 minute ago, Debp said:

I understand, Blood Bought.   We will have good works as a result of our faith and the Holy Spirit working in our hearts/lives....but the works are not what gives salvation.   Christ alone is our Salvation.

Isn't this line of thinking misconstruing what Pekoudah was saying? 

It's a shame we can't get past the milk stage to discuss meatier matters. Alas, someone will always find a way to bring up "salvation by faith", regardless of the topic being discussed. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

It's a shame we can't get past the milk stage to discuss meatier matters. Alas, someone will always find a way to bring up "salvation by faith", regardless of the topic being discussed. 

I only brought up salvation by faith because a couple of people here kept misconstruing what Blood Bought keeps saying.   They were saying he believes "saved by the blood to do nothing." He doesn't believe that.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78

Just now, Debp said:

I only brought up salvation by faith because a couple of people here kept misconstruing what Blood Bought keeps saying.   They were saying he believes "saved by the blood to do nothing." He doesn't believe that.

I see. So let's all agree it was a misunderstanding and try not derail Pekoudah's post any further. 

Back to the topic: The fear of The Lord.... 

6 minutes ago, Betha said:

As scripture says - 'While we were yet sinners Yashua died for us to reconcile us with God....the beginning of the 'saving process. That Jesus did all by Himself and none of us can add to it ! Rom 5.

But are we to REMAIN sinners ? God forbid....absolutely not ! Rom 6. Therefore this can be the place when we start to REPENT of our old ways that got us into trouble....this is where we start our New Life learning the ways of GOD and stop transgressing His law/Commandments 1Joh 3v4 !

But do we just read and hear these new instructions  and DO NOTHING (thus being deceived into thinking it is enough).....or do we  now become DOERS of the Word ? Jas 1v22.  Eph 2v10.....that we should walk in the good works of God.....and DO what He says !

I'm not against sanctification.   Neither is Blood Bought. 

Now hopefully, back to the topic.

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.86
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Pekoudah said:

We are not saved by just a human belief in what God did for us all.

I am sorry, but that is EXACTLY what saves us......The Gospel that saves us says that Jesus died for our sins..that is what God did for us....we believe it and we are saved......1cor15:1-4. It is a Gospel Of pure Grace— add to Grace with ANYTHING and you cancel it.....Works, Obedience and Holiness and Righteousness are great things indeed—- they do not save or keep us saved.....They naturally  follow in the life  of somebody who has the indwelling Holy Spirit with them .....As I said in another post — it can’t be helped.Our human belief in what God did for us saves us.It is the only part that we play in our salvation......and that “belief” or faith was a gift from God so we merit absolutely NOTHING .You are confusing Sanctification with Salvation. Jesus plus nothing FOR SALVATION .NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD—- FOR SALVATION.All the other goodies are on THIS side of Salvation.As time passes, you FIND yourself doing all of the things that God desires and demands.It is HE that “ finishes the work that HE started” This way, God gets ALL the credit and we get none.Just thexway He wants it.

I agree with much of what Pekoudah says, I write mainly for Newbies, so don’t take every line I type as being directed to him. God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Sorry, but it was Pekoudah who said that simply believing in what God had done for us was not enough to save.....It is a false Gospel and I will not let a perverted Gospel go unchallenged .The Gospel  IS  what God has done for us.He died for our sins.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  302
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

22 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I am sorry, but that is EXACTLY what saves us......The Gospel that saves us says that Jesus died for our sins..that is what God did for us....we believe it and we are saved......1cor15:1-4. It is a Gospel Of pure Grace— add to Grace with ANYTHING and you cancel it.....Works, Obedience and Holiness and Righteousness are great things indeed—- they do not save or keep us saved.....They naturally  follow in the life  of somebody who has the indwelling Holy Spirit with them .....As I said in another post — it can’t be helped.Our human belief in what God did for us saves us.It is the only part that we play in our salvation......and that “belief” or faith was a gift from God so we merit absolutely NOTHING .You are confusing Sanctification with Salvation. Jesus plus nothing FOR SALVATION .NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD—- FOR SALVATION.All the other goodies are on THIS side of Salvation.As time passes, you FIND yourself doing all of the things that God desires and demands.It is HE that “ finishes the work that HE started” This way, God gets ALL the credit and we get none.Just thexway He wants it.

I agree with much of what Pekoudah says, I write mainly for Newbies, so don’t take every line I type as being directed to him. God bless.

All this is assuming that salvation is a one-time transaction. The biblical salvation is a deliverance in a particular situation. So if you are healed of a disease...that is salvation. A broken arm is healed...a deliverance. A demon chased away? That is salvation.

A ship sinking....and a survival as per Paul's experience on Malta? A salvation. All who remained in the ship were saved. Were these eternally saved by remaining in the ship? Of course not. The biblical salvation is always in that situation...not forever.

I think what is too often confused is salvation and eternal life.

Eternal life is a KIND of life that is found by walking in the Spirit as we enter into Jesus Christ to abide in Him. If we drink His blood...partake of His life...we have HIS life in us...an eternal life.  And this is for as long as we partake of Him.

salvation is something that is an ongoing process. Like when the Israelites came out of Egypt. Were they saved through the Red Sea? Yes! But was that a one-time salvation transaction? Of course not. Almost all the people that were once saved didn't survive the process of being saved TO the promise.

So then we must endure to the end to be saved as Jesus said. Right now we are BEING saved...from conformity to the flesh to conformity to the Spirit.

Unless one understands these distinctions much confusion arises. If we walk in the Spirit we are walking in the present salvation of a deliverance from the sins we would normally be doing if we were walking according to the flesh.

And this idea that holiness or sanctification is optional?....it is like saying after a person is saved from a physical death breathing is preferable but not necessary.

To think of a salvation without holiness is like a salvation without God. So then eternal salvation is the process of living a holy life after being redeemed away from this world by Jesus Christ.

Edited by Pekoudah
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Sorry to be the one who keeps raining on everybody’s parade.God doesn’t want us to “ change our ways”. If changing our behavior could save us, Jesus died in vain.God’s desire is to indwell us and “ transform” us into the “ image of His Son”........We can “ change”, but only God can transform.Paul said it was the only thing that counts—— being transformed into a new Creation.Perhaps I misunderstood your post.If that is the case, I apologize .But as Barney Fife would say , some of these things need to be nipped in the bud.

Note.....this was a response to Betha...

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Loved it! 1