• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

The accuser of the brethren....is a legal expert

In the book Daniel- a court scene 

The court was seated and the books were opened. The little horn ( the beast ) and his deeds are under review by the heavenly court. He is found wanting and given over to the burning flames, Judgement is given in favor of the saints.

There is an heavenly court in heaven and Satan is often find there as the accuser of the brethren. In the book of Job, he is there accusing Job before God. In the book of Zechariah , he is again standing against the high priest Joshua ( representing the nation Israel ) as they were rebuilding the temple.  In the book of revelation, he is called the accuser of the brethren which accuse them day and night before God

Jesus our defense lawyer

But we have an advocate representing us in the courts of heaven also. 

Our advocate does not plead that we are innocent. He simply stands in the courts as a Lamb that had been slain and say to the Father. Father look at the nailed pierced wounds in my hand, look at the nailed pierced wounds in my feet. Look at the sprinkling of my blood that is crying out for mercy . Shall all this go for naught? Jesus pleads our case on the basis of His atoning blood. Case dismissed you are not guilty.

2 or 3 witness required

what we fail to realize is that Our advocate needs our confession  to defend us. In the mouth of two witnesses or three witnesses, let every word be established.

my confession of faith

that is why I am always agreeing with heaven to what the blood says about me and I am always singing songs about the blood.

the blood speaks righteousness for me and it stands for my defense. when I agree with heaven, that's how I  overcome : by the blood of the Lamb and by the words of my testimony.

what do you think?

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=VlUuA64rntE

Edited by Worship Warriors
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

26 minutes ago, Worship Warriors said:

that is why I am always agreeing with heaven to what the blood says about me and I am always singing songs about the blood. 

the blood speaks righteousness for me and it stands for my defense. when I agree with heaven, that's how I  overcome : by the blood of the Lamb and by the words of my testimony.

what do you think?

I enjoyed reading your post, sister. And there's so many hymns about the blood of our Saviour. A few off the top of my head, Power in the Blood, Are You Washed in the Blood, Nothing But the Blood, and so much more. My personal view, is the shed blood of Jesus was spilled for all of us at Calvary, and yes, it never loses it's power. Therefore, it's also something I've not felt the need to plead for, or ask for a replenishment of its application over me. Nothing wrong in doing so, if one feels the need, however. Just my thoughts, since you asked. God bless! :P 

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,299
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

The devil might be a legal expert, wise to all the fine print and legal trickery, but he does not know it all.

He knows nothing of the trinities plans for salvation worked out before the creation of angels etc.

It is these enacted by Jesus that save us without any need for a trial.

Our names are written in the book of life. Written there now. Not waiting to be entered in.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

29 minutes ago, Who me said:

The devil might be a legal expert, wise to all the fine print and legal trickery, but he does not know it all.

He knows nothing of the trinities plans for salvation worked out before the creation of angels etc.

Some points to ponder here. It is thought by many theologians, that there were numerous attempts on our Lord's life to prevent Him from going to the cross. Such as Herod's siege upon young male infants, the claims of blasphemy, when the crowds tried to stone Him, and the punishment our precious Saviour endured when He was horrendously flogged. It was amazing that He survived the punishment ordered of Pilate.    

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

8 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

The accuser of the brethren....is a legal expert

In the book Daniel- a court scene 

The court was seated and the books were opened. The little horn ( the beast ) and his deeds are under review by the heavenly court. He is found wanting and given over to the burning flames, Judgement is given in favor of the saints.

There is an heavenly court in heaven and Satan is often find there as the accuser of the brethren. In the book of Job, he is there accusing Job before God. In the book of Zechariah , he is again standing against the high priest Joshua ( representing the nation Israel ) as they were rebuilding the temple.  In the book of revelation, he is called the accuser of the brethren which accuse them day and night before God

Jesus our defense lawyer

But we have an advocate representing us in the courts of heaven also. 

Our advocate does not plead that we are innocent. He simply stands in the courts as a Lamb that had been slain and say to the Father. Father look at the nailed pierced wounds in my hand, look at the nailed pierced wounds in my feet. Look at the sprinkling of my blood that is crying out for mercy . Shall all this go for naught? Jesus pleads our case on the basis of His atoning blood. Case dismissed you are not guilty.

2 or 3 witness required

what we fail to realize is that Our advocate needs our confession  to defend us. In the mouth of two witnesses or three witnesses, let every word be established.

my confession of faith

what do you think?

https://worshipwarriorsministry.com.au/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=VlUuA64rntE

What you wrote is beautiful and true about the devil.

I see Jesus as our lawyer and the judge. As our judge saying "guilty" the sentence for sin is death to the flesh, punishment granted and served.

Then Jesus calls the Holy Spirit to testify of the blood and our life in Christ and right to the tree of life.

"Did they repent and call on me when they heard a witness to the cross, my resurection and assention? (If the answer is no then Jesus will ask then to step to His left hand's side of the court) if yes, Did they respond to you and obey the works of obedience i prepared for them? Did they give anything to eat or drink or show kindness to anyone over hear on my right hand? Did the visit people in prison? care for widows or orphans? Is there anyone the have not forgiven? Were they listening to my words or working iniquity?

Were they clean and were you able to enter in to them to be sealed? Did they listen to you? and how did they recieve you when you were teaching them? When you were convicting them of sin? When you were warning them about Gods Judgement? How much fruit of your Spirit did they bare? Did they testify to the truth about me?

Can you please confirm the day they excepted God's judment of sin and the flesh and were barried with me in baptism? May it be confirmed and accepted into evidence they are recorded in the book of life and followed me in baptism.

Satan why were you accusing them of things they did when they were considered by Me and my Father dead? Court reporter please enter in to the court record the evidence of Satan's false witness against a child of God. Satan and Holy Spirit, please approach the bench. Whispers " Holy Spirit schedule this child with the court to give witness at Satan's trial and any of his demons, angels or messengers or servants trials, according to Satan's testimony. Whispers to Satan. "You realize your position in this court is st my left had and your trial is on my docit? Please stop waisting this courts time with your shenanigans". 

Child of God please step to my right hand's side of the court.

Cool thing to me is we can except His judgment of sin and death while we are still alive and have the works of our flesh barried with him and be counted dead and still be alive to His Spirit within us, doing good things that pleases God and are accredited to us by His Spirit as we grow and bare fruit in Him. 

We will even have a reward ceremony celebration  for God's children,  after Satan's trial, I think. Satan can only bare witness against the living not the dead.

Or something like that:)

Edited by Reinitin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

23 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I enjoyed reading your post, sister. And there's so many hymns about the blood of our Saviour. A few off the top of my head, Power in the Blood, Are You Washed in the Blood, Nothing But the Blood, and so much more. My personal view, is the shed blood of Jesus was spilled for all of us at Calvary, and yes, it never loses it's power. Therefore, it's also something I've not felt the need to plead for, or ask for a replenishment of its application over me. Nothing wrong in doing so, if one feels the need, however. Just my thoughts, since you asked. God bless! :P 

Shalom,

David/BeauJangles 

This might help :)   In modern English we tend to  hear the  word "pleading" as begging.  Not so in Biblical use.  A "plea" is a LEGAL term :)  We don't need to beg Him for what His love freely offered ...so I certainly understand if you have never felt that kind of need with reference to  His blood :)

But we certainly DO need to file a legal "pleading" with the Court when the prosecuting attorney comes to make a case against us :)

From Wex Legal Dictionary (linked here)

Pleading

Definition

Pleading is the beginning stage of a lawsuit in which parties formally submit their claims and defenses.

From the Word:

If there arise a matter too hard for thee in judgment, between blood and blood, between plea and plea, and between stroke and stroke, being matters of controversy within thy gates: then shalt thou arise, and get thee up into the place which the LORD thy God shall choose;

Hebrew for plea:

Noun:  diyn

Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. judgment

1. judgment

2. cause, plea

3. condemnation, judgment

4. dispute, legal suit, strife

5. government

Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)
דִּין dîyn, deen; or (Job 19:29) דּוּן dûwn; from H1777; judgement (the suit, justice, sentence or tribunal); by implication also strife:—cause, judgement, plea, strife.

When we know to look for it, we can find that "legal lens" of interpretation of and understanding of Scripture all over the  place.  A petition is indeed a request...but look that one  up too and you'll  find it's ALWAYS used in Court....the Court of God standing as Judge, or the Court  of the King.

We can make petition of each  other in the  sense of request that isn't necessarily  a legal setting...but  it's a legal term when used in  a court of law.  Mercy is also  a legal term.

We don't need to beg, but  we sure do need to know  our standing before the  Court, and make our petitions  based on  the  Laws.

A lot of old Hymns address this  without much  explanation because  they  were written in a time when understanding of this  'legal lens' was more widespread than it is now.  We need to recover that understanding both individually  and corporately in our day.

"Just as I am, without one plea, BUT  :) ....that HIS blood, was shed, for me....."

evidence before the  Court.....

a plea (pleading) is  a legal petition based on the Law.

Edited by Jostler
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

you know what happened to me some 2 years ago. My next door neighbour who is a very good salesman came with some bottles of " natural vitamins " call body balance. He gave me all those testimonies of people being healed by it from drinking the whole bottle all in one go. he said it will take all the toxic I have accumulated out and put all my health in balance.

i believed him and drank a whole bottle all in one go for a period of one week. when I stated getting sick, my doctor did some blood test. all my organs was starting to shut up , toxicity had set in and I was in BIG trouble.

the only thing I knew  to do was to start declaring and calling out upon the sprinkling of the blood of Jesus from heaven to wash over me. it was a cry done in faith. The Lord answered me  soon after.  life is in the blood. I had the life of God came in power throughout my whole body. 

when I went to redo my blood test, my doctor could not believe it. everything was back to normal. 1 Peter- the holy spirit will sprinkle the blood on all those who are obedient . all we have to do is to cry out for it in FAITH.

but then I reckon , I must have fallen into a poodle of grace to have received such FAITH as as to move mountains in such a time as this.

Edited by Worship Warriors