• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

Okay FF,

You say having TATTOOS violates God’s MORAL LAW because it defiles the Temple of God (our body).

So why isn’t EATING PIG a violation of God’s MORAL  law too?  Perhaps, God doesn’t want that garbage eater to taint His Temple as well (human body). 

It seems to me you are allowing pig in your diet because you like pig, but not allowing tattoos because you don’t like tattoos.

i call that being a CAFETERIA CHRISTIAN.....choosing what you like and discarding what you don’t like. 

• Praise God! 1
  • Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Cletus said:

some people do it to show their allegiance or interests.  its like a personal banner.  tattoos are very telling about someone/the old man

True, like the number of tattooed tear drops next to the eye, or a particular number, a spiders web, a tattooed pistol, an upside down cross, etc. etc. It's a great identification tool for law enforcement too...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,280
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Spock said:

Okay FF,

You say having TATTOOS violates God’s MORAL LAW because it defiles the Temple of God (our body).

So why isn’t EATING PIG a violation of God’s MORAL  law too?  Perhaps, God doesn’t want that garbage eater to taint His Temple as well (human body). 

It seems to me you are allowing pig in your diet because you like pig, but not allowing tattoos because you don’t like tattoos.

i call that being a CAFETERIA CHRISTIAN.....choosing what you like and discarding what you don’t like. 

Peter's vision in Acts tells us the reason for dietary laws.  Food doesn't defile our temple, and pork that is cooked properly is healthy.  Cigarettes would harm your temple and defile it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,475
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Spock said:

It seems to me you are allowing pig in your diet because you like pig

Yum 'bacon', chitlings not yummy. Nothing is wasted on the pig, the 'Oink" goes into the hot dog  :)

• Haha 2
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

6 hours ago, Firm Foundation said:

Peter's vision in Acts tells us the reason for dietary laws.  Food doesn't defile our temple, and pork that is cooked properly is healthy.  Cigarettes would harm your temple and defile it.

Do you honestly believe God is fuming mad when someone gets a tattoo knowing that ones earthly body (flesh) will disintegrate and turn to ash when in the ground shortly after burial?

correct me if you think I’m wrong but this whole “defile the body” argument t you are using comes from Paul’s letter to the corinthians whereby he was advising them not to use their body for...sexual sin.  Don’t defile your body using it to sin.....adultery, fornication, homosexuality are all sin.

1 Cor 6

18Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a man can commit is outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.

Having tattoos or eating porky pig isn’t. 

Just now, Spock said:

Do you honestly believe God is fuming mad when someone gets a tattoo knowing that ones earthly body (flesh) will disintegrate and turn to ash when in the ground shortly after burial?

correct me if you think I’m wrong but this whole “defile the body” argument t you are using comes from Paul’s letter to the corinthians whereby he was advising them not to use their body for...sexual sin.  Don’t defile your body using it to sin.....adultery, fornication, homosexuality are all sin.

Having tattoos or eating porky pig isn’t. 

I believe a tattoo can send someone to hell if they don't repent.  Same with smoking.  

I don't know what more I can add to this discussion.  We are going around in circles with silly questions like, if you think this is wrong, what about that?  I  know what you believe and you know what I believe.  I am fine with leaving it be, because the matter is settled with me.

• Praying! 1
  • Huh?  I don't get it. 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

4 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

Pride?

Pride? prestige? Those tattoos are expensive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Firm Foundation said:

I believe a tattoo can send someone to hell if they don't repent.  Same with smoking.  

I don't know what more I can add to this discussion.  We are going around in circles with silly questions like, if you think this is wrong, what about that?  I  know what you believe and you know what I believe.  I am fine with leaving it be, because the matter is settled with me.

Okay, now I’m very concerned about your destiny, FF.

If you don’t mind me asking, what does it mean to you to become a believer (Christian)?  In other words, What does it take to be one (a believer)?

thanks...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praying! 1
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

Just now, Spock said:

Okay, now I’m very concerned about your destiny, FF.

If you don’t mind me asking, what does it mean to you to become a believer (Christian)?  In other words, What does it take to be one (a believer)?

thanks...

We are saved by believing in Jesus Christ, repenting of our sins and accepting him as our Lord and Saviour.  I do not believe in OSAS.  

• Thumbs Up 1

How come it is okay to question whether I am saved, but not those who hold to OSAS?  I have seen a pattern.