• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, Blessedknitter said:

Ok, I’m not even sure if this is ok to post. I have read the terms of service and statement of faith and haven’t found anything to say it isn’t but I’m open to being corrected. Also it’s a long post so a pre emptive thank you to those who give their time to read it.

I was brought up in a Christadelphian family. My mother was a member of the ecclesia, my father was a believer but as he has been divorced had been excluded. My mother died when I was 13 and by then my father had already moved in with my step mum who went to the local Church of England with my Dad, at this point my faith had vanished.

As an adult I’ve believed in ‘God’ but resisted any kind of faith in the Christian path until recently. A difficult situation led me to re examine my faith and led me to Jesus. My father is now firmly back in the Christadelphian ecclesia and has been helping me with my bible studies and I now want to be baptised. However, I discovered yesterday that the Christadelphian faith is viewed as a cult and that not upholding the trinity is seen as blasphemous. I really want to find the true path to Jesus so need guidance. I don’t want to be part of something that causes harm. I am praying around it and would appreciate your wisdom too.

If they believe that being a member of their particular congregation gives some special merit with God, then yes, they are a cult. But I know nothing about them. Follow the god of the Bible, but keep in mind, all religions are terribly flawed. And by "religions", I mean the various organized churches created by men (usually well meaning). The message of the bible is very simple, but it reminds me of the motto of the game, "Othello": A minute to learn, but a lifetime to master.". STUDY (not just read) the bible and pray lots. Over time you will come to know the personality of your creator much as you become well acquainted with any person you become well acquainted with.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/01/1972

2 hours ago, Still Alive said:

If they believe that being a member of their particular congregation gives some special merit with God, then yes, they are a cult. But I know nothing about them. Follow the god of the Bible, but keep in mind, all religions are terribly flawed. And by "religions", I mean the various organized churches created by men (usually well meaning). The message of the bible is very simple, but it reminds me of the motto of the game, "Othello": A minute to learn, but a lifetime to master.". STUDY (not just read) the bible and pray lots. Over time you will come to know the personality of your creator much as you become well acquainted with any person you become well acquainted with.

That makes a lot of sense, thank you

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.31
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

12 hours ago, Blessedknitter said:

Ok, I’m not even sure if this is ok to post. I have read the terms of service and statement of faith and haven’t found anything to say it isn’t but I’m open to being corrected. Also it’s a long post so a pre emptive thank you to those who give their time to read it.

I was brought up in a Christadelphian family. My mother was a member of the ecclesia, my father was a believer but as he has been divorced had been excluded. My mother died when I was 13 and by then my father had already moved in with my step mum who went to the local Church of England with my Dad, at this point my faith had vanished.

As an adult I’ve believed in ‘God’ but resisted any kind of faith in the Christian path until recently. A difficult situation led me to re examine my faith and led me to Jesus. My father is now firmly back in the Christadelphian ecclesia and has been helping me with my bible studies and I now want to be baptised. However, I discovered yesterday that the Christadelphian faith is viewed as a cult and that not upholding the trinity is seen as blasphemous. I really want to find the true path to Jesus so need guidance. I don’t want to be part of something that causes harm. I am praying around it and would appreciate your wisdom too.

I know next to nothing about Christadelphian - I hadn't heard of it till now, so I read a sentence or two about it in Wikipedia. My own belief is that God is simultaneously a Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I have been attacked by people on other Christian websites who think God is actually three Gods who have united. I still believe in one God.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Blessedknitter,

Please carefully read and ponder what JohnD has posted. Continue to pray to God to bring clarity and direction to your mind and heart. It's also important that you get yourself a "Christian" Bible and start reading it. You'll get amazing answers to your questions.  I myself have only read through the bible twice but i learned that God is not the author of confusion.  He tells us when we seek we will find and He will give us more.  The Bible is the written Word of God, and Christ is the living, incarnate Word of God.  The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God, written by men under the control of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is a reflection of its Author. We cannot love God at all if we do not love His truth. The Bible testifies of its divine origin in its unity, fulfilled prophesies and power to change lives. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  7,853
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

On 7/16/2019 at 3:28 AM, Blessedknitter said:

Jesus not only died for the forgiveness of sins for the whole world...

The Father in Heaven gave us his sons Life for our Lives...

If he did not died nothing will accomplish..

So the question is what did he accomplished...

He accomplished something that was not available before...

He inherited Heaven for himself, and mankind, those who believe in him...

He died not only for the forgiveness for our sins, and then leaves us just like that....no he does not leaves us just like that, to carried the burden of our own righteousness...

Jesus gives us upon believing in him the gift of his righteousness...

What a great gift, we may look at our selfs and our own righteousness and begin to treble of his Judgement, but when we remind our selves that we have his free gift of his righteousness we rest in his peace...

He also he gives us upon believing the free gift of his Eternal Life, for he is the ETERNAL LIFE, and we are not separated from him and the Heavenly Father...

We can stand in their presence and live....

This is it. 

We can be in Heaven together with Jesus and the Holy Angels and the Heavenly Father...

We do not live in the fear of standing in the presence of Angels or God...that's why the Holy Spirit can freely be in us and flow through us, the Holy Spirit if the Father who testifies that Jesus is the CHRIST, that he died and raised from the dead, and he is sits. On he Heavenly Throne, God made him Lord and Judge of all... 

About this life, don't everyone what is good and what is bad...

Now that we mention things pertaining in this life...

Our Holiness is affected by our unrighteousness and iniquity, but it does not affect the gifts of righteousness and the eternal life we have in the name of Jesus...

The repentance in the name of Jesus is for his own children, the believers...he knew that from the beginning, that he will have all kinds of children...some more and some less in their obedience to him, thats why he gives us the gifts at the beginning when we first believe...

For me in particular who I was born in a Christian family, and always believe. 

I only experience of having to repent , when I understood the importance of...one of the reasons to keep the darkness away from me and abide more in his light...

Edited by Your closest friendnt

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Found this on CARM:

by Matt Slick
Jan, 2002
Return to Christadelphian Page

Though they acknowledge many truths found in the Bible, they deny many others.

1. They believe the Bible is the infallible and inerrant word of God. (The Christadelphians: What They Believe and Preach, p. 82)
  2. They teach there is only one God. (Isaiah 43-45)
  3. They teach that Jesus had a sin nature (What They Believe, p. 74)
  4. They teach that Jesus needed to save himself before he could save us. (Christadelphian Answers, p. 24)
  5. They teach that Jesus will return and set up his kingdom on earth. (What They Believe, p. 268)
  6. They believe that there has been an apostasy and that Christianity is a false religious system. (A tract titled “Christendom Astray Since the Apostolic Age, Detroit Christadelphian Book Supply)
  7. They believe annihilation of the wicked. (What They Believe, p. 187).
  8. They believe that baptism is necessary for salvation. (What They Believe, p. 71, 72, 207-210)
  9. They believe that it is possible to lose one’s salvation. (What They Believe, p. 212)
  10. They deny the doctrine of the Trinity. (What They Believe, p. 84-87)
  11. They deny that Jesus is God in flesh. (Answers, p. 22)
  12. They deny that Jesus existed prior to his incarnation. (What They Believe, p. 85, 86)
  13. They deny the personhood and deity of the Holy Spirit. (What They Believe, p. 115)
  14. They deny the substitutionary atonement of Christ. (Answers, p. 25; What They Believe, p. 71)
  15. They deny salvation by grace through faith alone. (What they Believe, p. 204)
  16. They deny the immortality of the soul. (What They Believe, p. 17).
  17. They deny that a person exists after death. (What They Believe, p. 17)
  18. They deny the existence of hell and eternal punishment. (What They Believe, p. 188-189)
  19. They deny the existence of the fallen angel Lucifer as the devil. (Answers, p. 100)

As you can see, the Christadelphians deny some essential doctrines of Christianity, namely, the deity of Jesus and salvation by grace.

Like so many other cult groups that claim to be the restored truth, they have their own interpretations of the Bible that deviate greatly from orthodox Christianity.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,646
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

31 minutes ago, Willa said:

Found this on CARM:

by Matt Slick
Jan, 2002
Return to Christadelphian Page

Though they acknowledge many truths found in the Bible, they deny many others.

1. They believe the Bible is the infallible and inerrant word of God. (The Christadelphians: What They Believe and Preach, p. 82)
  2. They teach there is only one God. (Isaiah 43-45)
  3. They teach that Jesus had a sin nature (What They Believe, p. 74)
  4. They teach that Jesus needed to save himself before he could save us. (Christadelphian Answers, p. 24)
  5. They teach that Jesus will return and set up his kingdom on earth. (What They Believe, p. 268)
  6. They believe that there has been an apostasy and that Christianity is a false religious system. (A tract titled “Christendom Astray Since the Apostolic Age, Detroit Christadelphian Book Supply)
  7. They believe annihilation of the wicked. (What They Believe, p. 187).
  8. They believe that baptism is necessary for salvation. (What They Believe, p. 71, 72, 207-210)
  9. They believe that it is possible to lose one’s salvation. (What They Believe, p. 212)
  10. They deny the doctrine of the Trinity. (What They Believe, p. 84-87)
  11. They deny that Jesus is God in flesh. (Answers, p. 22)
  12. They deny that Jesus existed prior to his incarnation. (What They Believe, p. 85, 86)
  13. They deny the personhood and deity of the Holy Spirit. (What They Believe, p. 115)
  14. They deny the substitutionary atonement of Christ. (Answers, p. 25; What They Believe, p. 71)
  15. They deny salvation by grace through faith alone. (What they Believe, p. 204)
  16. They deny the immortality of the soul. (What They Believe, p. 17).
  17. They deny that a person exists after death. (What They Believe, p. 17)
  18. They deny the existence of hell and eternal punishment. (What They Believe, p. 188-189)
  19. They deny the existence of the fallen angel Lucifer as the devil. (Answers, p. 100)

As you can see, the Christadelphians deny some essential doctrines of Christianity, namely, the deity of Jesus and salvation by grace.

Like so many other cult groups that claim to be the restored truth, they have their own interpretations of the Bible that deviate greatly from orthodox Christianity.

Matt and I lived in San Diego at the same time back in the day. I was on his CARM message board for a number of years.

• Praise God! 1

• 11 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 7/16/2019 at 8:28 AM, Blessedknitter said:

Speak to your father about it, and display your concerns.