IGNORED

Harold Camping - Family Radio

Guest mishy

Guest mishy

Just wondering if anyone listens to Family Radio and what do you think of Harold Camping's teachings on not going to church. I have not heard any other Christian teachers or preachers say that we should not go to church. Any opinions?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Hebrews 10: 25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is, but exhorting one another , and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

That tells us to go to church.

What are his reasons for not going to church?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sorry, I haven't heard of him. However, I googled him and found this:

Click here for a different opinion

Please use caution with that website, I haven't the time to look through it all. But it does offer a differing view than Mr. Camping.

As for Church - we can (and often do) find multiple excuses not to go. They are just that - excuses. While you can't point to a Scripture verse saying "You MUST go to Church!", it is clear in Scripture that Christians gathered together for teaching and for fellowship.

Satan will do everything he can to keep you from hearing the Word and from fellowshipping with other believers. He knows what strength there is in that. That alone should cause you to go regularly. When you isolate yourself, you are vulnerable to the enemy.

Yes, you can be fed at home through today's technology. However, you need the support of other believers. You need to share in their praises and sorrows during prayer time. You need the communal worship of singing the hymns and praise songs together. You need the hug from another believer who has had God's blessing in their life and you need to hug that one who is hurting. "Where two or three are gathered..........". We are not made to be isolated and alone. Where those who love the Lord are gathered together, great things are accomplished. :21:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  762
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  10/10/1982

Harold Camping, president of Family Radio, claims the Church age has come to an end. He is saying that all true believers should leave their churches no matter how faithful to the gospel these churches may be. He teaches that the office of pastor, elder and deacon have ceased to exist, that the ordinances given to the church are no longer needed and are not to be practiced any more. Also, the Holy Spirit has left the Church, and ministers no longer have the blessing of God to bring salvation to the ears of the unsaved via the gospel.

-There are many verses he uses to show us that the Church era has come to an end

-Camping uses Acts 27 where Paul was a prisoner and heading by ship to Rome where he would face trial. What happened on this voyage was tragic. A storm arose and destroyed the ship, but not before Paul and the others onboard made it to safety. Paul referred to this incident in II Corinthians 11:25, where he said he kept his Christian witness and remained faithful to God. He did this not for himself, but for the sake of the Church. It should be obvious that Paul was not referring to the shipwreck of Acts 27 as the end of the corporate church. He used it to build up the church:

God Bless our Pastors and Deacons

Edited by *~*Honey*~*

God Bless our Churches

:21:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

I don't see an issue with people not wanting to participate in the "Corporation" style Church in favor of a house-church setting. But, to suggest a complete abandonment of fellowship is a sure recipe for disaster.

Guest mishy

Thank you to everyone who responded to my posting on Harold Camping. I enjoy listening to Family Radio but I absolutely disagree with Mr. Camping's teachings. I feel bad that he is being misled and pray that God would speak to his heart and that he would know the truth.

God bless you all!

Mishy

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

ditto.......He's more of the authority than the bible in his mind(although he won't say it) Just continue to pray for him

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Yes, he is wrong.

While telling people that "corporate" churches are wrong, he has built himself quite a nice living from the money of his listeners.

Ironic, isn't it?

t.