• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

22 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

But I also have no problem with alcohol as long as it isn't drank in excess. I enjoy a cold beer in a frosted mug or straight out a bottle or can.

I totally agree my brother.  Maybe one day we'll share one!

There will always be some who will be easily offended.  Let them think what they will, you know the truth of the matter.  If a "christian" wants to judge you, at face value, because you are holding some beer with a Jesus T-Shirt, they've missed the point.   In doing so, they are asking for scrutiny for themselves, from a more accurate Judge.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

The enjoyment of alcohol...

Sorry bro, but perhaps you should have given it a little consideration into wearing a shirt with less advertisement of a spiritual statement on it? :rolleyes: 

why? 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, missmuffet said:

I agree. I don't think wearing a shirt confirming your faith in Jesus Christ and picking up a six pack of beer is very good. People will then look at you as a Christian hypocrite. The world already labels Christians as hypocrites. 

But there is nothing hypocritical about it.   He did nothing that was a sin or even remotely against the teachings of Jesus

• Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

9 minutes ago, RTCarroll said:

why? 

This is why.

22 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Okay just to set the record, I do not drink alcohol in any form. This does not mean I have never done so, however. But for numerous reasons, it was for my personal best interest to refrain from imbibing. My next glass of wine will be at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb, and I am looking forward to it. 

About your shirt? C'mon bro, with a 12 pack of brewskis? Really? :whistling:

Are we clearly understood now? :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, BeauJangles said:

This is why.

Are we clearly understood now? :rolleyes:

I do understand that is your personal choice.  I do not understand why you think others should do as you do.  Would it be ok to wear the shirt and drive a $100,000...thus giving the appearance of greed? Would it be ok to wear the shirt and weight 350 pounds...thus giving the appearance of slothfulness?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

A couple of days ago I was coming out of an Ingles grocery store. I will often wear Christian theme hats or T-shirts. That particular day I was wearing a shirt that declared on the front, "Ya'll Need Jesus".  I wasn't really thinking about the fact that the shirt along with a pack of beer might be offensive to someone, but I had gone into the store to pick up a 12 pack of beer. When leaving the store an elderly man and woman was getting out of their car and the look of judgement was all over the man's face as he saw my shirt and what I was carrying in my hand. I didn't have the beer hidden in a grocery bag as it was the only item I had picked up. I saw him whisper to his wife and both just stared at me as I walked to my pick-up truck. I am in the section of country known as "the Bible belt". I believe it was also on Sunday that I made my purchase. Up until just a few years ago, we also had "blue laws" which prohibited the buying and selling of any alcohol on Sundays. I even grew up in a "dry county" that prohibited the sale of any alcohol. 

It wasn't my intention to shock the elderly couple and I realize that many in my area are good southern Baptists and they condemn the use of any alcohol and truly believe that Jesus drank only grape juice and never wine even at the last supper. Many grew up thinking that all alcohol was evil and was condemned along with dancing and card playing. (I also like to dance and play cards).  I don't make it a habit to offend others and am sorry that they appeared to be offended by me. But I also have no problem with alcohol as long as it isn't drank in excess. I enjoy a cold beer in a frosted mug or straight out a bottle or can. It was made to go with pizza! I also enjoy a good glass of wine and sometimes even a mixed drink.

I am curious of the background of others in the forum. What were you taught? And what are your beliefs about alcoholic beverages? 

I too enjoy craft beers (though would never buy Bud Ice :24:).  There is nothing wrong with it at all, no different than drinking a coke with dinner or a mug of coffee in the morning.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

4 minutes ago, RTCarroll said:

I do understand that is your personal choice.  I do not understand why you think others should do as you do.  Would it be ok to wear the shirt and drive a $100,000...thus giving the appearance of greed? Would it be ok to wear the shirt and weight 350 pounds...thus giving the appearance of slothfulness?

Find anywhere on this thread that I've posted people should not drink responsibly, and we'll discuss it. Otherwise, please do not judge me. Thank you. 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

16 hours ago, missmuffet said:

To consume a drug is a sin

Is it? Define drug and define sin. Unless you have a 100% organic diet, take no medications use no chemicals in your daily hygiene routine and have less than 20% body fat...you are taking drugs and are willingly living with sin in your life. Sin is a heart issue not a physical issue. It can manifest in a physical action though. A holier than thou attitude is much more a sin than a glass of wine with dinner. (Galatians 6:3)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54

22 minutes ago, RTCarroll said:

Would it be ok to wear the shirt and drive a $100,000...thus giving the appearance of greed? Would it be ok to wear the shirt and weight 350 pounds...thus giving the appearance of slothfulness?

Why not go further than this? Would it be okay to wear the shirt while using  a drug that has been made legal in some states? What appearance does that give?

22 minutes ago, RTCarroll said:

There is nothing wrong with it at all, no different than drinking a coke with dinner or a mug of coffee in the morning.  

It is very different than drinking a coke with dinner for lots of people. Some people are incapable of having just one beer. Some have been going to AA for years hoping and praying they will never have one beer because they know where it leads for them.  Comparing alcohol to a drink that has never led to heartache or death for millions of people is irresponsible. There are many people who have problems with alcohol and walking around with a shirt representing the Christian faith while looking like you’re about to party seems like a bad choice. Something not quite right about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71

9 hours ago, missmuffet said:

How much is too much?

For healthy adults in general, drinking more than these single-day or weekly limits is considered "at-risk" or "heavy" drinking: Men: More than 4 drinks on any day or 14 per week. Women: More than 3 drinks on any day or 7 per week.

Wow!  I'm way under, I typically drink only 3 to 4  beers a week!  Even less in the winter, but when working outside and getting super hot in this humid South Carolina weather... man a cold beer is good!