Shakyra

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I have recently publicly made a declaration of my call to follow God’s command and go on the mission field. Where,when and how will be when God tells me. But interested in reading, discussion on going into the mission field 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Are u gonna preach to strangers on the street ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

9 hours ago, Shakyra said:

I have recently publicly made a declaration of my call to follow God’s command and go on the mission field. Where,when and how will be when God tells me. But interested in reading, discussion on going into the mission field 

What about your neighbors you currently have?   Are you friendly towards them?   As you have an opportunity, do you share with them of the Lord?   If they are of a different religion or from a different country, do you show the love of Christ towards them?   Do you invite them for dinner and maybe later on, invite them to church?

The USA is becoming a mission field.    Hopefully Christians won't isolate themselves but reach out to those right in our own country.

I know of a young lady in college....she was raised in a different religion and although born here, she looks foreign.   I always hoped and prayed that some kind Christians would reach out to her at the college.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

10 hours ago, Shakyra said:

The most important thing will be your spiritual walk with God and your spiritual growth and maturity.  We minister to others out of the abundance of spiritual life that flows out from our hearts to those around us.  It is from the depth and quality of our own spiritual life that we can minister to others.

A common mistake many Christians make is getting so focused on figuring out God's to-do list for our lives that we neglect becoming the person He intends for us to be.   To the extent that our ministry comes from God's Spirit changing us so that this is a natural outflow of who He has made us to be, our ministry will be anointed and effective.  To the extent our ministry is through our own efforts, we'll see a few results and burn ourselves out.  Many Christians minister from a position of labor and diligence and throwing themselves into it with passion and effort and exhaust themselves because the ministry is coming from our resources and strength.  True effective anointed spiritual ministry comes from God's Spirit overflowing through us toward others.   It is a natural result of God transforming us into the unique person He intends for us to be.

The first step toward any missions work is cultivating our own spiritual growth and maturity and our own walk with God.  I've been a Christian a long time and have seen the whole gamut of people in ministry as well as those declaring their calling.  I've seen how the story turns out years and decades later.   Without spiritual depth, maturity, and close intimate knowledge, friendship, and trust in God from a consistent walk over years and decades, people simply are not effective in ministry for any extended period of time.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,310
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

11 hours ago, Shakyra said:

You might be interested in reading some of these stories (see Mission Insider section) from the mission field.  These are native missionaries.

http://www.christianaid.org

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72
  • Days Won:  0

On 07 August 2019 at 12:45 AM, Shakyra said:

And what are the views of your pastor, of the sunday school leader who will need to replace you and of the other posistions you fill in your church?

I ask this for two reasons.

1. your church will support you financialy, prayerfully and emotionally. If they are not behind you you will struggle.

2nd. If you are not already active in serving Jesus, how will you start serving Jesus in a culture and language you don't know.

Your church will already have an interest in several mission organisations. Start by subscribing to there prayer letters/emails. Use google to find others and ditto.

Start attending regularly your churches missionary prayer meetings and find out about other churches meetings and attend.

Have you been to a theological college?

Most missionary agencies want you to have been, partly so you know what and why you believe, but also for the cross cultural lectures.

If you are serious about missionary work, I will have insulted you because you are already doing all I've suggested.

If you are not, think again.