• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

19 minutes ago, Who me said:

No. because string theory is an attempt to explain why there is auniverse without the need for a creator.

You may gain insights into Christianity, God etc from science but any insights will have to be checked against what scripture teaches.

Any science that does not start by recognising God as creator and susatainer is going to produce errors when it moves beyond what can be measured, recorded and repeated.

Or maybe they are just trying to explain the universe and in doing so they are verifying what we have been saying all along.

I read an article years ago and I wish I could find it but can't. It was a secular article describing what the formation of the earth would have "looked" like. And without taking the Bible into consideration at all what they came up with was exactly how it is described in Genesis. Even how there was light and plants before the Sun. That the atmosphere was too thick to see the sun but let enough light in for plants to grow, then once plants were established they cleared the air, and the Sun moon and stars were now visible. So, instead of saying they are trying to take God out of creation why not see that they are proving the Bible is true.

Too bad that somewhere along the way Christians regarded science as a form of witchcraft and EVERYTHING that science says that isn't quoted directly from the Bible is evil and a plan to prove there is no God. :(

12 minutes ago, Who me said:

How does the string theory support the biblical idea that the universe was created some 6k years ago?

It doesn't and neither does the Bible.

• Loved it! 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Bawcash said:

Or maybe they are just trying to explain the universe and in doing so they are verifying what we have been saying all along.

That's how I see it. I've said, for a long time, about the big bang, that another way to describe it is, "let there be light". :)

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  3,263
  • Content Per Day:  1.74

54 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

It doesn't. I'm missing your point.

I'm only commenting on your comment that inserting God into string therory supports the bible.

Which as you've confirm it doesn't.

48 minutes ago, Bawcash said:

It doesn't and neither does the Bible.

Good to know you disagree with a great many renowed Christian like isac newton.

If the bible cannot be trusted about beginings how can it be trusted about Jesus?

53 minutes ago, Bawcash said:

I read an article years ago and I wish I could find it but can't. It was a secular article describing what the formation of the earth would have "looked" like. And without taking the Bible into consideration at all what they came up with was exactly how it is described in Genesis. Even how there was light and plants before the Sun. That the atmosphere was too thick to see the sun but let enough light in for plants to grow, then once plants were established they cleared the air, and the Sun moon and stars were now visible. So, instead of saying they are trying to take God out of creation why not see that they are proving the Bible is true.

Too bad that somewhere along the way Christians regarded science as a form of witchcraft and EVERYTHING that science says that isn't quoted directly from the Bible is evil and a plan to prove there is no God. :(

Science rest on and is totaly dependant on Christianity, without which would be unable to account for anything.

Can you provide an explanation for the reasonbleness of the universe, why maths can be used to discribe and explain just about anything.

Why is it that the universe is consistent, rules do not suddenly change.

Christian scientists built the science that atheist try to use to do away with God. Yet they cannot explain why the universe works.

22 minutes ago, Who me said:

Good to know you disagree with a great many renowed Christian like isac newton.

WOW!....just...:mellow:...wow. :huh:

Let me guess. Home schooled?

Edited by Bawcash
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Please stop fighting!  Thanks!  :) 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  3

19 minutes ago, Who me said:

I'm only commenting on your comment that inserting God into string therory supports the bible.

Which as you've confirm it doesn't.

I'm not saying it supports the bible. I'm saying that at a high level an argument could be made that they are saying the same thing. It's just that one is coming from a late 20th century scientific perspective and the other is coming from an early civilization perspective from thousands of years ago in the "pre-science" period. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  103
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,758
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

Christians ought not to allow new ideas be problematic for their faith.  String Theory is relatively new - too new, in my opinion - for anything to be factual and it's certainly, by it's own proponents, is not provable.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't have some reasonable concepts that are worth investigating.  It just means that we have no idea if what looks good on paper is actually a "thing".

String theory was not even in the science texts when I taught science decades ago to junior high students.

Here's my issue with those of the Christian faith who want to mesh string theory with God and to use it to "prove" God.

I don't like this notion purported by some that string theory explains how God is and explains his omniscience and omnipotence and omnipresence.

String theory calls for 11 or so different dimensions.  We can only work, live, operate, and sense the world in three: height, depth, and breadth.

Those who want to say that string theory explains the supernatural essence of who God is - they propose that God - in his "Godness" - can travel through all 11  or so dimensions thus explaining how Christ performed miracles and why people believe God to be omni-everything.

It's all sort of a Holy Sleight-of-Hand.

The well-intentioned Christians who say this use 1 John 1:5 - "God is light" - for this idea.  Well, literal light is made of photons.  God is not a photon nor is he made of photons.  

God CREATED photons out of NOTHING.  God, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit do not need unobservable superhighways of multi-dimensions unknown to us to aid Him in his holiness nor supernatural essence nor his ability to behavior in a supernatural manner.

That's what bugs me. God performs the miraculous because God IS the miraculous!

Science is good - when it corresponds to the Word of God.  The Bible is not a book of science, but it does contain some science.  There is a lot of science that is not addressed in the Bible - so we can't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

It ALL boils down to this: Hebrews 11:3 - "BY FAITH we UNDERSTAND that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is SEEN was not made out of what was visible."

There's nothing wrong with asking - what's the smallest thing in existence?  There was a time we didn't know about atoms at all.  Now we do.  Then came the understanding of protons, neutrons, and electrons.  Then later - the leptons and quarks.  Could quarks be made up of these strings of smaller particles? 

Who knows.

What I do know is that the theory and possible existence of these "strings" do not undo what we KNOW of God.  And these things do not define God.

God defines everything.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.96
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

2 hours ago, Bawcash said:

So I finally started watching Stranger Things. The science teacher explains string theory and the multiverse as an acrobat and a flea on a tightrope. The acrobat is able to move across the top of the rope only. But the flea can walk on top, the sides and the bottom. The acrobat only knows his side of the rope even though all of the side affect the others. Anyone else see that string theory is pretty much explaining what Christians believe as far as God and the spiritual world? So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. (2 Corinthians 4:18)

In all honesty, I'd have to say no. Never even fathomed it in that way, nor has anyone else I've known.