Guest debate-confusion

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

How so? God created all different kinds of creatures. Evolution is a mechanism by which all different kinds of creatures have evolved. Where is the contradiction?

Because evolution teaches that "all kinds" evolved from "one kind," notably a single-celled organism like an amoeba. The bible clearly teaches that God created the plant and animal kingdom after their own kind.

This means that God created elephants, horses, etc. He created them complete and intact. As a matter of fact, they were more perfect then they are today due to a lack of sin in the world. Evolution teaches the exact opposite of this. Evolution teaches that "things are getting better and more advanced." The bible teaches that things are decaying, just as the law of entropy details.

Mutations are genetic erros. These are not helpful, they are harmful.

So the genetic error that gave us opposable thumbs was harmful? Or the one that gave my body the ability to fight infection? Or the one that gave it the ability to digest and release energy from complex foods? I could go on...

Well, obviously you are coming to the table with the assumption that the thumbs evolved.

Let me ask you this. How many transitional-forms would have walked/crawled around with this little unusable stub on the end of the hand, thereby making the transition-form clumsy and unsophisticated in the use of their hands? How long did the thumb take to evolve? 50,000 years? So, we have thousands of generations of transitional-forms walking around with a defect to their hands that would make the transitional-form less able to successfully compete for resources since their hands have this unusable growth on the end of it. An incomplete digit does not improve the survivability of a species, hence the "beneficial mutation" would not have been passed down through natural selection. This is the big problem with "survival of the fittest." A "new trait" must go through thousands of years or transition in which the creature becomes less coordinated in the competition for resources.

Let's take another example. It is commonly argued by evolutionists that birds evolved from reptiles. Let's picture it. A reptiles forelimbs would have to evolve into wings. The scales on the reptile would have to evolve into feathers. Imagine this transitional form halfway through the process. You have a half-lizard/half-bird creature that has half-wings that cannot yet fly, but now he can't hardly run either since they are not usable feet. Don't you think this transitional being would be LUNCH to a predator due to its inability to successfully evade predators?

This would cause compounding harm to a species, not compounding improvement.

This is where "natural selection" does its work. Harmful mutations will generally not survive. Advantageous mutations generally will.

Please see my point above about natural selection killing off transitional-forms, rather than making them predominant.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Samaritan

Sorry I got lost here.

I thought everyone had accepted that the races of man evolved from the originals.

Everyone agrees. End of story.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

by now evolution should be a fact. For the people among us, let me try to tell you what I know and please point out whatever is wrong.

Big Boom. Universe. Galaxies. Milkyway ----> Solar system from primordial Sun.

Earth. Okay so our planet is made, so far only the big boom is fishy and we're solving it. Dark matter, anti matter and other complicated things.

So earth... Big planet, thick atmoshpere, tectonic mouvement, volcanic activity and stuff. Rain. Oceans. So we got water after MILLIONS and MILLIONS of years. Time. Time and Rain makes life with Oxygen and slowly, the first primordial bactery were made. How? God? Satan? No simply by the most simple explanation, a sudden change. An impact from a meteor, atmoshpere becoming very toxic, whatver. It just had to be a change and the Earth reacted by making life.

So life evolves for millions of years and SUDDENLY, multi celled organisms. How? Again, not got or ET but a sudden change (meteor seems the simplest...) Anyways, if you use my arguments till now, no biggie.

So life evoolves. Slowly but getting faster. Land animals start coming, trees, dinos, etc... Then mammels get the upper hand when dinos killed off. Keeps on moving till apes start getting smarter. They change according to the eviroment and what do you know? We find us at the end.

So what is wrong with that? Where are the missing links?

Sorry I got lost here.

I thought everyone had accepted that the races of man evolved from the originals.

Everyone agrees. End of story.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Inasmuch as my son evolved from me, I guess you are correct.

Once upon a time, in a land far, far away....

by now evolution should be a fact. For the people among us, let me try to tell you what I know and please point out whatever is wrong.

Big Boom. Universe. Galaxies. Milkyway ----> Solar system from primordial Sun.

Earth. Okay so our planet is made, so far only the big boom is fishy and we're solving it. Dark matter, anti matter and other complicated things.

So earth... Big planet, thick atmoshpere, tectonic mouvement, volcanic activity and stuff. Rain. Oceans. So we got water after MILLIONS and MILLIONS of years. Time. Time and Rain makes life with Oxygen and slowly, the first primordial bactery were made. How? God? Satan? No simply by the most simple explanation, a sudden change. An impact from a meteor, atmoshpere becoming very toxic, whatver. It just had to be a change and the Earth reacted by making life.

So life evolves for millions of years and SUDDENLY, multi celled organisms. How? Again, not got or ET but a sudden change (meteor seems the simplest...) Anyways, if you use my arguments till now, no biggie.

So life evoolves. Slowly but getting faster. Land animals start coming, trees, dinos, etc... Then mammels get the upper hand when dinos killed off. Keeps on moving till apes start getting smarter. They change according to the eviroment and what do you know? We find us at the end.

So what is wrong with that? Where are the missing links?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And they lived happily ever after

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest NewPilgrim
by now evolution should be a fact.

Quite frankly, I'm seriously browned off that evolution was taught as fact when I was at school, and basically still is.

Not even from a "faith" point of view but from a view of bad practice. I was taught something as fact when it isn't. All you're told is that lots of fossils lie around and are millions of years old etc.... we evolved from amoeba, then monkeys etc.

Not a single word about the methods used to interpret the data or their applied sciences, nothing about lack of supporting evidence, contrary arguments and theories.

It simply bad schooling. If school were a court of law, we'd all be guilty until proven innocent......."The bench refuses to recognise any support for the opposition, the jury is instructed to stick their fingers in their ears and shout 'la-la-laa'...so there!" - Judge bully-boy

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Evolution is not a sin....just blindness......

Evoluntionist scabble around trying to find "evidence" when Creationsts are calmly prsenting the truth.

Even the most skilled Scientists call it the "THEORY" of Evolution.... :thumbsup:

Yomo

Guest Samaritan

I put it to you all again.

The races of man evolved from the originals.

Adam & Eve were of a race, for argument's sake, say Semitic (aside: Semitic comes from Shem one of Noah's sons).

If there is no evolution, only dangerous mutations who die off, then all of their descendants should be of the same race.

So Creationists, please explain where all the other races came from?

Adam & Eve were of a race, for argument's sake, say Semitic (aside: Semitic comes from Shem one of Noah's sons).

If there is no evolution, only dangerous mutations who die off, then all of their descendants should be of the same race.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gen 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Gen 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.

Gen 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city.

Gen 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

At the tower of Babel God divided the people into different linguistic groups and they were scattered accordingly. Then, micro-evolution took place (which is really just variation within a kind, due to the different environmental factors present at their new location of dwelling. For example, those is Arica over the generations developed darker adn darker skin due to the son, and those in the European area developed whiter and whiter skin due to the lack of sun.

It's not hard to imagine. I don' think this is a big problem for the creation model.

Put this issue up against the "how did the first living cell originate from non-living matter" question and I think it pales in comparison.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is no such thing as a race.Even secular scientists are saying this.And even if there were races, that would not prove evolution, because all are still human. Evolution is one species turning into another...not just changes within one.