• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

There are 613 Mitzvot of the Torah you take it all or leave all.

I will take it all. I love the Torah.

Torah means instructions in righteousness; teaching for walking with God. The Torah does not mean a legalistic set of rules. Now that Israel have been redeemed by faith in the blood of the Lamb this is how they are to live. We have the same principles in the NT, now that we have been redeemed, this is how we are to live holy lives. You have an obligation to walk in God’s commandments. How you live determine not your salvation but your eternal rewards.

Christianity and Judaism are similar. For both OT and NT believer’s salvation is by grace through faith.  And this is how both OT and NT believers are perfected: by grace through faith.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/237877-unlocking-every-66-books-of-the-bible/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Caramba, HOW many threads have been started here on Worthy by various posters the last few days about this? It's beyond weird. If someone wants to place themselves under the law, well then have fun, I guess. For me, the blood of Jesus has worked well for me for the last 47 years; I reckon I'll keep trusting Him until He calls me home

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

3 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Matthew 5:17-20

Christ Jesus said:

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

The Sabbath, in other words, points to Christ and is fulfilled in Him.

Hello 1103 :)

I edited your post so I could focus in on the verse you posted.

I am so glad you brought up this verse Matthew 5:17, "I did not come to abolish the law but to FULFILL.

A prophecy of this action of Jesus began in Isaiah 42:21, "The lord is well pleased for His righteousness sake; He will MAGNIFY the law and make it HONORABLE"

In Hebrew the word MAGNIFY is transliterated GADAL and the word HONORABLE is transliterated as ADAR. Both are synonomous or have the same meaning to make greater, to make magnificent, to bring to a greater understanding, to make glorious, to increase in importance, but definetly not to bring to completion as is proven in Matthew 5: 17-44.

One of the main reasons Jesus came wasn't just for salvation but to explain the law that the Jews had changed and brought destruction to themselves by making up rules and expectations never required by God, that the leaders put on everyone.

But Christ in his love for us brought us the truth once again so we as Christians could obey the law as God meant it to be obeyed, and out of love, not by the letter of the law !!!!

Matthew 5:17 "I did not come to abolish the law but to fulfill. The word FULFILL in Greek is pleerro, or pleroo, plerosis or pleroso which all pretty much mean the same thing(sysnonomous) and only have slight difference that don't distract from the over-all meaning. If you looked them up in a Greek thesaurus or Greek dictionary you would find them all together and a meaning to MAGNIFY, to make greater, amplify, to make magnificent,to make glorious, to bring to greater understanding, to increase in importance. Sound like Isaiah 42:21 - it should. If you have study tools like concordances, dictionaries in English, Greek and Hebrew and some word study books, all you have to do is look everything up.

If you go on through all the verses up to Matthew 5:44, Jesus validates this idea of not bringing the law to completion, but making it greater by saying 6 times - "you have heard it said, but I say", "but I say unto you". Jesus stunned them by a NEW TEACHING that "Abolished the letter of the Law, and for the 1st time pronounce the SPIRIR of the law - A NEW TEACHING, and that includes the honoring of the Sabbath because He was speaking of all 10 commandments including the 4th, and making all 10 commandment to be obeyed and honored in a much greater way and practice them in a much greater way FROM THR HEART and not just by the letter of the law (LEGALISM).

I could go on and talk about the olive tree type, the wild olive branch being grafted into the natural or cultivated olive tree, and more, but that just goes on and on but does continue to validate Christians honoring the Sabbath.

Basically what I'm saying is that over many years, man has twisted God's word to mean what they want, to satisfy their own needs and desires for a faith that is comfortable and suits them - HISTORY REPEATED - because this is just what the Jews did also and Christ came back to set things straight.

Thank you for checking in and I pray that what I have shared challenges you and gives you some new perspectives to consider.

God bless you all with all my love for you in Christ :).

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  4,222
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hebrews 4:9-11

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, John Robinson said:

If someone wants to place themselves under the law, well then have fun,

Thanks for your post John.

I focused in on a sentence in your post so I could respond to it.

People like me obey the law BUT we haven't placed ourselves UNDER the law,  otherwise known in other bible verses as the Law of sin and death. I am not under the law, but under grace.

There is a distinct difference between being under the law and obeying the law. God commands us to obey the Law if we love Him, but the law of sin and death was the curse that was removed at the cross for those who would believe

All your best in Christ,

Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 3

John 14:15-31

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

29 And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe.

30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.

31 But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1

From what I understand

Honoring the sabbath does not mean to go to church its Honoring God and resting in Him on the seventh day.

Thank you 1to3:t2:!!!

Also there is the taking of the Lords super that can be done any time on any day but it can also be a nice thing to do on the seventh day.

Because there is no bible believing church in my area, I sometimes now take on my own the Lords super, by reading 1 Corinthians 11:17-34 followed by a little piece of unleavened bread and grape juice.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,937
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

I will take it all. I love the Torah

The lamb of God has replaced animal sacrifices in torah so how can u return to that ?