Seasoned by Grace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

There are 613 Mitzvot of the Torah you take it all or leave all.

• Oy Vey! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, R. Hartono said:

There are 613 Mitzvot of the Torah you take it all or leave all.

Thank you for your response.

Sorry, but I am not of the Jewish faith or under the Mosaic law. I am under the grace of Christ.

May God bless you richly - Dave

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,128
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

18 minutes ago, Seasoned by Grace said:

Thank you for your response.

Sorry, but I am not of the Jewish faith or under the Mosaic law. I am under the grace of Christ.

May God bless you richly - Dave

do you start your car on the Sabbath?

• Oy Vey! 1

27 minutes ago, other one said:

do you start your car on the Sabbath?

LOL :red-neck-laughing-smiley-emoticon:

• Haha 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Christ Jesus healed on the sabbath, as He said would you not tend to a sick animal if it was sick on the sabbath?

Matthew 12:11

Jesus Heals on the Sabbath
10and a man with a withered hand was there. In order to accuse Jesus, they asked Him, “Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?” 11He replied, “If one of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? 12How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”…

Luke 13:15

Jesus Heals a Woman on the Sabbath
14But the synagogue leader was indignant that Jesus had healed on the Sabbath. “There are six days for work,” he told the crowd. “So come and be healed on those days and not on the Sabbath.” 15“You hypocrites!” the Lord replied, “Does not each of you on the Sabbath untie his ox or donkey from the stall and lead it to water? 16Then should not this daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has bound for eighteen long years, be released from her bondage on the Sabbath day?”…

Matthew 12 

12 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.

But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Romans 14:5

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Luke 6:5, KJV

"And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath."

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Was Jesus born Jewish? Yes

if so why? To fulfill the Law

what did Jesus say about the law?

Matthew 5:17-20

Christ Jesus said:

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

(Matthew 22:37,38).

Christ Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God will all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself'

Matthew 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Christ Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The Sabbath, in other words, points to Christ and is fulfilled in Him.

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Brilliant! 1
  • Praise God! 1

3 hours ago, Ledster said:

So Dave what have you been doing for the last 12 years on the sabbath. Curious about this. 

The basic idea from God is a day of resting, refreshing, and reframing from anything a person would call work. I believe it's a very personal thing for each person to decide for themselves through prayer and seeking God's will.

The Jews were very legalistic and added all kinds of requirements never meant by God. They lived by the letter of "THEIR LAW and never considered the Spirit of God's law.

For me I have a hobby that I don't do and I don't do shopping, I don't go to the gym, and I don't wash dishes or load my dishwasher or do laundry and I don't prepare any meals. I'm single.

What I enjoy on the Sabbath is church, having lunch with friends or family, water my flowers but not trim them. Pray, and spend time praising the Lord, take naps, and rest. It's a wonderful day of relaxation and stepping away from all the cares of life and just live in a greater peace, free from the caous and pressure that life can bring into our lives. I plan my week around it and protect it from any distractions or any interruption. This day belongs to God and has been set aside, SANCTIFIED, for God alone and for the REST He called me to for my refreshing. If I were a fisherman, I would go fishing or if I had a boat I would go boating as I live in the Northwest, but I would have to prepare certain things so I was sure to honor God as I relaxed and knew I was in harmony with the God that I love. Ya see, honoring the Sabbath is about loving God and not rules. Rules define legalism, not love.

As I said above, I don't cook on the Sabbath . Instead I prepare my meals on Saturday, I honor the Sabbath on Sunday as this is the day God called me to. We are very close and he has his way of communicating with me that I understand how I should honor His Sabbath the way He has called me too. Very personal !!

It took me several months of prayer and trying things to see how God wanted me to practice the Sabbath, but God knows my heart, so He was very patient and loving with me until I found what honored the Sabbath as He called me to.

It was a wonderful time and I look forward to it all week and prepare for it.

Thank you for asking and I hope I sufficiently answered  your question.

All His best to you, Dave

Edited by Seasoned by Grace
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

The Sabbath is not Jewish. It existed long before the nation Israel. Genesis 1, God created man on the 6th day and on the 7th day God rested from all the work he has done. God set apart the 7th day from the beginning of time as holy.

Later on, He incorporated it in the Torah so that his people would be reminded to keep it holy.

I LOVE the sabbath. I HONOR God with the sabbath. Because I love him so much, I go to church BOTH on Saturday and Sunday.  My church is quite big and they have 5 services running from Saturday to Sunday.  If you are hungry , if your church has services on both days, you will go for BOTH.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/237877-unlocking-every-66-books-of-the-bible/

• Thumbs Up 2