• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/18/2020 at 5:55 PM, Paul James said:

The wood, hay and stubble are the theories and philosophies of man which give alternatives to what God has plainly said in His Word.   

The wood, hay, and stubble are the new man-made doctrines of YE creationism.

On 5/18/2020 at 5:55 PM, Paul James said:

God said plainly that He created the whole universe on the fourth 24 hour day AFTER he created a cool earth surrounded by water.

No.   He says that he first created the heavens and the earth.  First day.  

Your new doctrines aren't actually a "rebellion against God."   You just don't approve of the way He did some things in creation.   Fortunately, He isn't going to judge you by that.   So your salvation isn't at risk just for being YE.   You're as much of a Christian as the rest of us.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  5,051
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 5/7/2020 at 10:30 PM, Paul James said:

The Holy Spirit always speaks through the written Scriptures, because the written Scriptures are authoritative and infallible.

You never heard of the Pentecost?

We remain inspired by the Holy Spirit daily if we only listen to Him.  

John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever. [17] The spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, nor knoweth him: but you shall know him; because he shall abide with you, and shall be in you.

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  880
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Birthday:  12/24/2004

On 8/20/2019 at 7:57 PM, missmuffet said:

You really can not attend a lecture that is intended for Scientists and expect to get a Christian perspective. There is a small handful of Christian scientists but the majority of them are atheist. All you need is to look around you to see an intelligent design. 

images.jpg.45e1a3dcfde20f31c63a5ec7ffa6f7aa.jpg

I am an atheist and I never met an atheist that was angry at God. I don´t understand, how its possible to be angry at something you don´t believe in.

What you talk about is a false stereotype that is pushed by religious people. Many religious people struggle to accept the fact that atheists exists. Instead of accepting reality, they often invent justifications to make them feel more comfortable.

Intelligent Design is not supported by evidence. If you have evidence for intelligent design, then please write a science paper and submit it to peer review. If you actually have good evidence for intelligent design, then you will win many prizes, become famous and rich and you will be remembered as one of the most significant scientists.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

5 hours ago, FluffyBunny. said:

I am an atheist and I never met an atheist that was angry at God. I don´t understand, how its possible to be angry at something you don´t believe in.

What you talk about is a false stereotype that is pushed by religious people. Many religious people struggle to accept the fact that atheists exists. Instead of accepting reality, they often invent justifications to make them feel more comfortable.

Intelligent Design is not supported by evidence. If you have evidence for intelligent design, then please write a science paper and submit it to peer review. If you actually have good evidence for intelligent design, then you will win many prizes, become famous and rich and you will be remembered as one of the most significant scientists.

images.jpg.bfa62912c18483b92b85c3216e9163d8.jpg

3 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

images.jpg.bfa62912c18483b92b85c3216e9163d8.jpg

I don´t care if you pray for him. I am currently doing an experiment where I also try to pray.

I just don´t like the misconceptions that many people have about atheists and that they knowingly or unknowingly spread these misconceptions

Edited by FluffyBunny.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, FluffyBunny. said:

One thing certain Christian commentators have noticed (and I agree) is that a certain segment of atheists and agnostics, especially those that came out of a fundamentalist Christian background often end up attacking Christianity from the same fundamentalist approach without any sense of nuance. Bart Ehrmann is a fine example of this behaviour. He's no dummy, but he seems to lack a level of circumspection and self-awareness.

I am not leveling this complaint against you as I know nothing about you.

1 minute ago, teddyv said:

One thing certain Christian commentators have noticed (and I agree) is that a certain segment of atheists and agnostics, especially those that came out of a fundamentalist Christian background often end up attacking Christianity from the same fundamentalist approach without any sense of nuance. Bart Ehrmann is a fine example of this behaviour. He's no dummy, but he seems to lack a level of circumspection and self-awareness.

I am not leveling this complaint against you as I know nothing about you.

I think many people confuse "anger at the ideology" with "anger at God".

I come from a muslim background and I talked with many people that left Islam or Christianity, and there are very common trends among apostates.

For example, many of the apostates feel, like their whole family died after they left their religion. Their family members and friends break off contact, they are no longer invited to family reunions, marriages are ruined etc. Usually, the family members suffer as much as the apostates from this social death. Many apostates become incredibly sad and angry, at how certain ideologies ruin their life or make their family feel miserable.

Passionate attempts to attack and debunk religions, are often motivated by love and compassion

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93

3 minutes ago, FluffyBunny. said:

I think many people confuse "anger at the ideology" with "anger at God".

I come from a muslim background and I talked with many people that left Islam or Christianity, and there are very common trends among apostates.

For example, many of the apostates feel, like their whole family died after they left their religion. Their family members and friends break off contact, they are no longer invited to family reunions, marriages are ruined etc. Usually, the family members suffer as much as the apostates from this social death. Many apostates become incredibly sad and angry, at how certain ideologies ruin their life or make their family feel miserable.

That can certainly be a motivation. Not a particularly loving or graceful reaction.

Passionate attempts to attack and debunk religions, are often motivated by love and compassion

Sure. How that passion ends up expressed is often the problem - and that goes for both sides of the argument. I feel, and again, not ascribing this to you, but sometimes it seems atheists approach their former faith with the same mindset of the 'reformed smoker'. It's also common in the new believer who is so excited, they want to share their experience with everyone which can be a bit annoying. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79

6 hours ago, FluffyBunny. said:

am an atheist and I never met an atheist that was angry at God. I don´t understand, how its possible to be angry at something you don´t believe in.

Hi @FluffyBunny.

You raise a good point. Many Christians to portray or misunderstand atheists with a wrong heart.

Whilst I do not share the same reasoning as that group, I apologise on behalf of us believers who should know better than to judge someone by a label.

6 hours ago, FluffyBunny. said:

Interesting subject, intelligent design. Indeed there is plenty of indicative evidence for intelligent design - more so than evolving design.

Interestingly, some evolutionists are now adapting their theory to compensate for these tales of design by introducing "panspermia" into their theory.  Effectively it a merging of intelligent design and evolution combined.

Do you currently subscribe to the theory of evolution or another?

You sound like you approaching this matter with objectivity and a level-mind, which is good.  The Bible doesn't require anyone to lose or ignore their academic faculties.  If anything, it could aid you in understanding the bigger concepts in the Bible.

However, it sounds like you have had bad experience with some who have judged you immediately based on the term atheist and your questions. Am I right?

If so, hopefully you already realise that not every "Christian" is the same just as not every "atheist" is the same :)

So may I ask what makes you, personally, write off intelligent design as a possibility?

Love & Shalom 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Hi @FluffyBunny.

You raise a good point. Many Christians to portray or misunderstand atheists with a wrong heart.

Whilst I do not share the same reasoning as that group, I apologise on behalf of us believers who should know better than to judge someone by a label.

Interesting subject, intelligent design. Indeed there is plenty of indicative evidence for intelligent design - more so than evolving design.

Interestingly, some evolutionists are now adapting their theory to compensate for these tales of design by introducing "panspermia" into their theory.  Effectively it a merging of intelligent design and evolution combined.

Do you currently subscribe to the theory of evolution or another?

You sound like you approaching this matter with objectivity and a level-mind, which is good.  The Bible doesn't require anyone to lose or ignore their academic faculties.  If anything, it could aid you in understanding the bigger concepts in the Bible.

However, it sounds like you have had bad experience with some who have judged you immediately based on the term atheist and your questions. Am I right?

If so, hopefully you already realise that not every "Christian" is the same just as not every "atheist" is the same :)

So may I ask what makes you, personally, write off intelligent design as a possibility?

Love & Shalom 

Hello,

I think panspermia is just considered as a possibility, on how life on earth could have started on earth. The beginning of life is not really relevant to evolution in my opinion.

Yes I believe that evolution occurs and that the theory of evolution is an accurate model.

I met plenty of christians that were really mean to me on this website. I used to be here some time ago, when I was considering to become a christian and some of the people here definitely made it easier for me to remain an atheist