WordSword

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  167
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,160
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

What is the sum of the believer’s blessings in Christ? Heaven, because it eventually physically places us with God. Not as now in the presence of His sight (Pro 15:3), but latter, in the presence of Himself (Rev 21:2, 4). The thought of Heaven has no equal as to its exhorting encouragement when you “set your affections on things above,” more than “on things on the earth” (Col 3:2). After all, it’s not this world from which we are to seek “things,” but from “above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God” (v 1).

NC

No Place Like Home!

Is the Lord Jesus “in heavenly places”? Am I united to Him there now, or am I only going to be united when I die? Am I now in this very place before the Father, “raised up together” with the Lord Jesus, and so “in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” (Ehp 2:6)? It is quite evident that the doctrine of Ephesians is that we are so; it is notorious that the doctrine of most Christians is that we cannot be so till we die.

Now, why is it that people do not enter into this truth? A primary reason is, you cannot be both an earthly man entering into that which occupies men here below (earthly centered—NC), and a heavenly man too (heavenly centered—NC); but the natural mind would like to make the best of this world, and the best of the next too. The truth is, I must cross the Jordan now as a Christian; nay, I have crossed it in Christ if I am a Christian. So you will observe that I am not going to point out to you what you have to do, but I wish to make plain what God has done for you, if you are a believer. How blessed it is that Christianity does not hold out what I must attain to in order to be saved (other than receive—which is manifested in our walk—NC), but is a revelation of what the Father has given me in His beloved Son!

Our Father gives us a salvation so full, that it not only means that we have been brought across the Red Sea (thus made pilgrims and strangers in this world), but that we have been brought across the Jordan into heavenly places, and blessed with all spiritual blessings there (Eph 1:3). You say, perhaps, it is mysticism. No such thing. It is the very negation of mysticism. For this turns the eye to the Lord Jesus in glory, and the Father’s work in Him! Whereas mysticism occupies the heart merely with its feelings about Him.

If the Lord Jesus is my life (Col 3:4, 10; 2Pe 1:4; “seed” e.g. new nature – 1Jo 3:9), and He is seated there, it is evident that I have by the Spirit if God who dwells in me, and who has been sent by the Lord Jesus (Jhn 15:26; 16:7), a divine link with Him who has entered there. It is thus that the Father speaks of us according to that which is true of His Son. That is, He being there and He being the life of the believer, and the Holy Spirit the power of that life, we are spoken of according to the place that the Lord Jesus has entered.

I beseech you to hold fast this vital truth. You have passed across the Jordan as truly as you have marched through the Red Sea (since your rebirth—NC). You are not only to remember that you are a pilgrim in this dark world, but that you have a living link in heaven; be sure you regard it as your own proper home. The wilderness is merely a place of sojourn, but the heavenly places are our only abiding position. The Father’s purpose to have us in heaven with Himself was decreed before the world was (in my understanding He’s always known who would not “resist” His drawing—NC). The world has become sinful (majority of mankind—NC) and so has become a wilderness, for there would be no wilderness if there was no sin, but the Father has delivered us in grace from our sins, and has also brought us in spirit through the wilderness into glory. As a matter of fact, indeed, we have sin, and are passing through the wilderness; but in title and position, and as united to the Lord Jesus as our life we are clear from both. May the Father in His grace give us to enter more into this truth, and to live in the reality of it!

- W Kelly

Excerpt from MJS devotional for August 22:

“We come to feel our need, and often attempt independently to supply it by our own means; the Lord must confound us in the attempt; but having done so, He leads in dependence to find and acquire an inconceivably greater answer to our wishes than even that which we prescribed for ourselves. The prodigal only sought ‘sustenance’ from the citizen in the ‘far country,’ but back in his father’s house he found not bread merely, but abounding welcome and a fatted calf.” –Miles J Stanford

http://www.abideabove.com/hungry-heart/

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

All I know for sure and all I need to know is that Heaven is where God is and Heaven is where Christ is and Heaven is where Peter and the early martyrs will be, too, so it's where I want to go. With that in mind, all I then have to do is see that I go there. Then I'll see for myself where it is and what else is there (aside from the few mentions in the Bible I don't know). So, whatever it is, and I'm told it's more wonderful and beautiful than I can ever imagine, I'll just spend my time doing what Christ taught so that I'll be sure to experience it for myself someday.

Edited by unworthyservant
correct grammer
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, unworthyservant said:

All I know for sure and all I need to know is that Heaven is where God is and Heaven is where Christ is and Heaven is where Peter and the early martyrs will be, too, so it's where I want to go. With that in mind, all I then have to do is see that I go there. Then I'll see for myself where it is and what else is there (aside from the few mentions in the Bible I don't know). So, whatever it is, and I'm told it's more wonderful and beautiful than I can ever imagine, I'll just spend my time doing what Christ taught so that I'll be sure to experience it for myself someday.

Sounds good to me! Yes, it's comforting to know that all who have died while in the faith are with God and one another in heaven, until the resurrection and the new heaven. Thanks for your input.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

No Place Like Home!

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

'Even when' we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together,
and
made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus"       Ephesians 2, 4-6

• Loved it! 1

9 hours ago, Sower said:

No Place Like Home!

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

'Even when' we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together,
and
made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus"       Ephesians 2, 4-6

I like the way you posted this passage, it enhances the implication of our present position in Christ and the Father. Though we are conditionally in this world, our position is inevitably an unavoidably in Heaven, demonstrated by the implication that this is as certain as if we are already physically (not just spiritually) "raised" and "seated" with Them! Thanks for the reply!

I also like your ID. Everyone multitasks! We reap and sow simultaneously, we reap today from yesterday's sow, and sow today for tomorrow's reap. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,221
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  3

Heaven is only a temporarily place. The new Jerusalem is coming down to earth. The Fathers throne is also coming down to earth.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.( Revelation 21:3)

In the book of Ephesians, Paul focuses on joining heaven and earth together. 

23 hours ago, Worship Warriors said:

Heaven is only a temporarily place. The new Jerusalem is coming down to earth. The Fathers throne is also coming down to earth.

And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.( Revelation 21:3)

In the book of Ephesians, Paul focuses on joining heaven and earth together. 

Hi, and I appreciate your input! True, the present heaven and earth was meant to be temporary.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 8/22/2019 at 9:44 AM, WordSword said:

What is the sum of the believer’s blessings in Christ? Heaven, because it eventually physically places us with God. Not as now in the presence of His sight (Pro 15:3), but latter, in the presence of Himself (Rev 21:2, 4). The thought of Heaven has no equal as to its exhorting encouragement when you “set your affections on things above,” more than “on things on the earth” (Col 3:2). After all, it’s not this world from which we are to seek “things,” but from “above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God” (v 1).

NC

On 8/22/2019 at 9:44 AM, WordSword said:

Now, why is it that people do not enter into this truth? A primary reason is, you cannot be both an earthly man entering into that which occupies men here below (earthly centered—NC), and a heavenly man too (heavenly centered—NC); but the natural mind would like to make the best of this world, and the best of the next too. The truth is, I must cross the Jordan now as a Christian; nay, I have crossed it in Christ if I am a Christian. So you will observe that I am not going to point out to you what you have to do, but I wish to make plain what God has done for you, if you are a believer. How blessed it is that Christianity does not hold out what I must attain to in order to be saved (other than receive—which is manifested in our walk—NC), but is a revelation of what the Father has given me in His beloved Son!

Our Father gives us a salvation so full, that it not only means that we have been brought across the Red Sea (thus made pilgrims and strangers in this world), but that we have been brought across the Jordan into heavenly places, and blessed with all spiritual blessings there (Eph 1:3). You say, perhaps, it is mysticism. No such thing. It is the very negation of mysticism. For this turns the eye to the Lord Jesus in glory, and the Father’s work in Him! Whereas mysticism occupies the heart merely with its feelings about Him.

If the Lord Jesus is my life (Col 3:4, 10; 2Pe 1:4; “seed” e.g. new nature – 1Jo 3:9), and He is seated there, it is evident that I have by the Spirit if God who dwells in me, and who has been sent by the Lord Jesus (Jhn 15:26; 16:7), a divine link with Him who has entered there. It is thus that the Father speaks of us according to that which is true of His Son. That is, He being there and He being the life of the believer, and the Holy Spirit the power of that life, we are spoken of according to the place that the Lord Jesus has entered.

I beseech you to hold fast this vital truth. You have passed across the Jordan as truly as you have marched through the Red Sea (since your rebirth—NC). You are not only to remember that you are a pilgrim in this dark world, but that you have a living link in heaven; be sure you regard it as your own proper home. The wilderness is merely a place of sojourn, but the heavenly places are our only abiding position. The Father’s purpose to have us in heaven with Himself was decreed before the world was (in my understanding He’s always known who would not “resist” His drawing—NC). The world has become sinful (majority of mankind—NC) and so has become a wilderness, for there would be no wilderness if there was no sin, but the Father has delivered us in grace from our sins, and has also brought us in spirit through the wilderness into glory. As a matter of fact, indeed, we have sin, and are passing through the wilderness; but in title and position, and as united to the Lord Jesus as our life we are clear from both. May the Father in His grace give us to enter more into this truth, and to live in the reality of it!

- W Kelly

Excerpt from MJS devotional for August 22:

“We come to feel our need, and often attempt independently to supply it by our own means; the Lord must confound us in the attempt; but having done so, He leads in dependence to find and acquire an inconceivably greater answer to our wishes than even that which we prescribed for ourselves. The prodigal only sought ‘sustenance’ from the citizen in the ‘far country,’ but back in his father’s house he found not bread merely, but abounding welcome and a fatted calf.” –Miles J Stanford

Hey WordSword,

I guess I never saw you here before. It's odd for me to post to someone I know next to nothing about. Well, we both like chess. However I totally disagree with your signature verses:

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ." - MJS

I've heard all that before, I've also seen nice people who believed it have their lives destroyed because they were not trying to be like Jesus, they were taught they didn't have to. I'm telling you we do have to, on a daily basis, even if we fail. If you live long enough you wouldn't have believed you could be like you will become in the future, but it will not happen unless you make it happen. Don't misunderstand me, the Lord will carry you when you're too young to stand on your feet, He also carries us when we get old. Are you wondering just how old I am? Well, good news, just go to my profile, you'll find out. When I joined Worthy I figured most of us would be open, upfront, and honest with each other. I can't see you dude, you may be 13, 20 or 30, I have no idea. Nor do I have any idea how long you're saved or if you are truly saved. You may be truly saved but you have already learned a falsehood. Paul said it as well as Jesus, we are to be different. Jesus said we, the believers, must be the salt of the earth. I don't put much salt on my food but I need a little. Suppose I was in a restaurant and the cook put no salt on the food at all, nor do they have any at the table. I would have to complain to the owner. But he tells me to just think about the flavor of salt, cause he is not giving me any. Should I go back there again? No, of course not. I have always known (in my spirit or maybe my heart) that of course we have to be like Jesus. It's all over the NT, in every epistle, Jesus emphasized it the most. And when you get into the OT there is no doubt, we must emulate our Lord. Listen WordSword, if in fact you try your best to be like Jesus then I apologize.

I recommend you change your profile to tell us more. I will admit that I've tried to convince everyone else to make known their age, gender & the state they live in. Everyone disagreed with me. I do it anyway. Suppose no one who lived 2000 yrs ago ever saw Jesus, let's say they heard Him but never saw Him. Then one strange day His immediate followers started saying He was killed, on a cross, which was a shameful death. Then they tell you he came back to life and has returned to some place above the clouds. Only His 11 followers saw any of it. Are you going to believe them? Will you give your life because of this strange story? (I'm convincing myself you are a fairly new believer.) I guess you haven't been ostracized or laughed at yet for your beliefs. Lucky guy. I have only 1 living relative left alive & she dislikes me and mocks me cause I believe Jewish myths. I'd rather believe Jewish myths than the Hindu myths she believes. After 40 yrs I now know I can't win her to God, I have to win her husband. Problem is he read most of the Bible some 40 years ago but he didn't recognize it as true. Or perhaps he realized he can't believe it while living in all lies, telling others he's an Oriental MD & making several hundred a day preaching Hindu to them and doing Riki energy healing. Btw, that doesn't work.

Well WordSword it was nice preaching to you, I'll see you again but maybe not for weeks. I also want to tell you I truly believe the greater Christian community must needs to unite. We need to stop always doubting each others salvation. I thought I finally had 2 Christian friends last year. One of them knew me several yrs. But both, at separate times, became angry and then prideful. Both insulted me then avoided me because they don't like something about my personalty. That is sad. What's worse is when the unsaved show more kindness & compassion than we do. Well, I learned a very long time ago that I can't base my belief in my own salvation on how other, supposed Christians react to me. But then what can I base it on? I decided about 30 yrs ago I can base it on how much effort I'm putting into being like Jesus. Works do not add to our salvation, Jesus died to chose who is saved.

Alright, I'm done.

God Bless you

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,018
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,305
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 8/24/2019 at 12:48 PM, JTC said:

After 40 yrs I now know I can't win her to God, I have to win her husband.

JTC, we can't win anyone to Christ.   We can sow or water seeds, but it is God who gives the increase.   It is the Holy Spirit who must work in their hearts and prepare their hearts.

• Praise God! 1

On 8/24/2019 at 2:48 PM, JTC said:

Hey WordSword,

I guess I never saw you here before. It's odd for me to post to someone I know next to nothing about. Well, we both like chess. However I totally disagree with your signature verses:

The Christian life is not our living a life like Christ, or our trying to be Christ-like, nor is it Christ giving us the power to live a life like His; but it is Christ Himself living His own life through us; 'no longer I, but Christ." - MJS

I've heard all that before, I've also seen nice people who believed it have their lives destroyed because they were not trying to be like Jesus, they were taught they didn't have to. I'm telling you we do have to, on a daily basis, even if we fail.

Hi JTC! Appreciate your sincere reply and comments. For now, I just want to try to explain this signature intent. It demonstrates that those who truly "walk as He walked" (1Jo 2:6) demonstrate that they are "walking after the Spirit," because it is not done by self but requires the Spirit's power to continue "to be conformed" because it cannot come by being self-conformed (Ro 8:29). If we are reborn God "works" this "in you" (Phl 2:13). This concerns our walk but not our redemption (salvation), for our salvation complete at rebirth, and it is in the continuous learning in our walk that demonstrates all that we already are in Christ.

Also, I'm 65, a Civil Chaplain, been a Christian and studying and sharing the Word of God for 41 years. Thanks for you concern and God's blessings to your Family!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1