• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  212
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

On 8/26/2019 at 6:47 AM, R. Hartono said:

Yes, Jesus will be our guide in a free tour to His city when He comes to take us home.

Why should He? Jesus condemned covenant Israel in Mat. 23:34-38, gave them parables that exposed their rejection of Him as their Messiah (Mat. 22:1-14), while at the end they killed Him (Mat. 17:23, 21:38-39, 26:4, Mark 9:31, 10:34, 12:7-8, Lk 20:15, Jn 5:18, 7:1, 11:53). So, not only the Jews rejected the Lord, but also went on to persecute the Jews that believe in Jesus! Paul was a prime example of how the Jews tried to kill him too (Acts 21:31, 25:3). 

Finally, Paul wrote these words that pointed to the destruction of Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, 

1 Thessalonians 2:14–16 (NASB95)

14 "For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, for you also endured the same sufferings at the hands of your own countrymen, even as they did from the Jews,

15 who both killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out. They are not pleasing to God, but hostile to all men,

16 hindering us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved; with the result that they always fill up the measure of their sins. But wrath has come upon them to the utmost."

Jesus is coming back to judge the living and the dead and do away with this evil and adulterous generation. :wink_smile:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

Why should He? Jesus condemned covenant Israel in Mat. 23:34-38, gave them parables that exposed their rejection of Him as their Messiah (Mat. 22:1-14), while at the end they killed Him (Mat. 17:23, 21:38-39, 26:4, Mark 9:31, 10:34, 12:7-8, Lk 20:15, Jn 5:18, 7:1, 11:53). So, not only the Jews rejected the Lord, but also went on to persecute the Jews that believe in Jesus! Paul was a prime example of how the Jews tried to kill him too (Acts 21:31, 25:3). 

Finally, Paul wrote these words that pointed to the destruction of Jerusalem, the capital of Israel, 

1 Thessalonians 2:14–16 (NASB95)

14 "For you, brethren, became imitators of the churches of God in Christ Jesus that are in Judea, for you also endured the same sufferings at the hands of your own countrymen, even as they did from the Jews,

15 who both killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets, and drove us out. They are not pleasing to God, but hostile to all men,

16 hindering us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved; with the result that they always fill up the measure of their sins. But wrath has come upon them to the utmost."

Jesus is coming back to judge the living and the dead and do away with this evil and adulterous generati

Jesus Will rule from Jerusalem in millennium

1 hour ago, R. Hartono said:

Jesus Will rule from Jerusalem in millennium

What Millennium? Nothing in the NT warrants that Jesus will come down to Jerusalem to reign for 1,000 literal years. Rev. 20 does not say that either (read it carefully). Jesus never mentioned the Millennium and no one else did in the NT, so where do we get this doctrine from? From men.

I'd rather stick to the word of God above men's opinions. :th_frusty:

Edited by Gentle-Warrior

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06

45 minutes ago, Gentle-Warrior said:

What Millennium? Nothing in the NT warrants that Jesus will come down to Jerusalem to reign for 1,000 literal years. Rev. 20 does not say that either (read it carefully). Jesus never mentioned the Millennium and no one else did in the NT, so where do we get this doctrine from? From men.

It is in OT n NT

• Praying! 1

LOL.... Get back to me when you find it. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

On 8/31/2019 at 8:34 PM, Gentle-Warrior said:

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. (Rev. 20:4)

I guess I am right, You really do not have any idea what you are talking about. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:26 AM, Debp said:

Interesting article with some pretty photos of baptisms in Jordan River.   Israel more popular with Evangelicals than with U.S.Jew Has anyone here toured Israel?   Maybe share your experiences and feelings?   Or do you plan to go in the future?

The reason I said I probably won't go is because some of my relatives and multitude of their friends travel there regularly and I don't want  to run into them -especially their friends-and ruin my vision of the Holy Land; hope they don't see this:b:. I am tempted to go to see ancient artifacts but the US has several  of the very best biblical artifacts in the world; but unfortunately most American Evangelicals ,including most of my relatives do not know this or don't understand the significance. 

A family member went up to the Bible Museum  in DC recently but that is not where the best biblical artifacts are in the US-they are at Yale and the U of Chicago; but you can't tell your friends you went to these universities for you vacation so people go to the "cool" Bible Museum.They later took a trip to Kentucky's $100 million Noah's ark-friends at the church had told them to go .I just kept telling myself" keep your mouth shut".

I think it's vitally important that children  in Sunday school and even adults at least know about the importance of these  100% proven biblical artifacts that are in these 2 US universities(I put a link to one in my earlier post on this thread-but you have to click on column 3 to see the 2700 BC scientifically proven mention of Christ's ancestor King Hezekiah)- instead of Noah's ark and all. We have to teach our kids and youths the undisputed,proven  biblical archeology  we possess because  it proves that the bible is true. Kids get older and start doubting-especially about  Noah and the ark-(my 17 year old cousin said he can't believe in the story of Noah , the animals and a global flood-its silly he said; another 8 year old Christian girl I know says the same) and then they start doubting about other biblical truths.

God has given us absolute evidence of the veracity of the Bible. Yes, faith is still required but there is so much growing doubt that unless we use all the tools that Christ has given us we will lose Western and American Christian civilization in a generation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,600
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 8/26/2019 at 8:26 AM, Debp said:

Interesting article with some pretty photos of baptisms in Jordan River.   Israel more popular with Evangelicals than with U.S.Jews.   Has anyone here toured Israel?   Maybe share your experiences and feelings?   Or do you plan to go in the future?

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/25/753720351/as-u-s-jews-cool-to-israel-evangelicals-flock-there-as-tourists

Hi, My own trip plans got cancelled way back when the 911 attack occurred just as we were scheduled to fly there with our local church body. I had debated going with Zola or going with the local church. The church cancelled out at the last minute, Zola didn't cancel, and  went without missing a single tour.

My present bride my sweet Texas peach has been there with Zola Levitt, and is encouraging me to go even now. I think if led I will rather move than just visit, but am not properly prepared for that effort.  Besides do they need an old man in the country? So I will read, study some too, even try to learn the language still, but not just visit briefly.