• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

BTW at this time I am in the rain  in the remotes of mountains with one bar of cell tower strength and I am having no problem at all on Worthy Christian Forums. It is fast and steady.  Got to go, I smell the fine essence of a ripe mellon calling me to my breakfast. Take care all. as is said in the woods "May God bless".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

40 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Watch for the hard to remove Alibaba cookie too. It is an app, got to remove the app or the cookie just comes back. Alibaba is watching.

Yes I know. It took tech support from India to hit me of these guys. It was just one purchase from their site, and fortunately no apps were ever placed. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.93
  • Days Won:  3

59 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

No I haven't had a problem at all with bandwidth nor loading speeds. Except when cell service goes down entirely. Right now I am using data on my cell phone as  hot spot connection to my computer. Check to see if you might be running low on available data  the settings often slow you way down as you reach your maximum data usage on your own cell phone plan. I have had to up mine to 8 gigs a month at additional expense of course. But th minutes do roll over and I can reduce th eplan back to lower cost anytime and still save the minutes that rolled over. Also notice how strong or weak your cell tower signal might be when you are having troubles. Are you on 3k or 4k if available?-

Might want to do a speed test before clearing computer's cookies and histories then do a test afterward ad see if there is a difference. Also Clear the cell phone if you are using one as a hot spot like I am in the mountains. Make sure other apps are not open too! Do a full check of bugs run Norton or whtever security program you have, and  check for upgrades, especially for ones that may be needed to get to the best cell tower now available.

Basically do your house cleaning.

I don't think it is me or my isp. As all other sites load normally.  Check Worthy using my phone wifi which is different from my house wifi and it loads just as slow.   No issues with my computer as everything is up to date on it and it is a fast computer as it is my gaming computer. Though I have notice a small improvement today in with Worthy's loading speed.  

59 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

No I haven't had a problem at all with bandwidth nor loading speeds. Except when cell service goes down entirely. Right now I am using data on my cell phone as  hot spot connection to my computer. Check to see if you might be running low on available data  the settings often slow you way down as you reach your maximum data usage on your own cell phone plan. I have had to up mine to 8 gigs a month at additional expense of course. But th minutes do roll over and I can reduce th eplan back to lower cost anytime and still save the minutes that rolled over. Also notice how strong or weak your cell tower signal might be when you are having troubles. Are you on 3k or 4k if available?-

Might want to do a speed test before clearing computer's cookies and histories then do a test afterward ad see if there is a difference. Also Clear the cell phone if you are using one as a hot spot like I am in the mountains. Make sure other apps are not open too! Do a full check of bugs run Norton or whtever security program you have, and  check for upgrades, especially for ones that may be needed to get to the best cell tower now available.

Basically do your house cleaning.

I don't think it is me or my isp. As all other sites load normally.  Check Worthy using my phone wifi which is different from my house wifi and it loads just as slow.   No issues with my computer as everything is up to date on it and it is a fast computer as it is my gaming computer. Though I have notice a small improvement today in with Worthy's loading speed.  

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Debp said:

Now that I'm approving videos as a Watchman, I see you are going to town on it!    Just not too many long ones please. animated-smileys-holidays-water-093.gif.e9cce1c6391c5e37dff928a45ed16816.gif

I learned my lesson

Test test! I think it is working.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

It is better now. Thanks to whoever fixed it :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,595
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

6 hours ago, LadyKay said:

using my phone wifi

Why are you jumping  to wifi?  ???

If you are having your phone find wifi to avoid data usage on your cell phone it may be the wifi bandwidth of the wifi connection is nearly at maximum capacity. Whose wifi  is being linked onto and how many are using it  may be  the issue.

I do not have my cell phone settings clicked on  linking to any wifi. I simply have purchase sufficient data to meet my needs.

There are unlimited data plans by cellphone service providers, with plans that limit usage by the month plus plans that allow roll over of unused but purchased data fromprevious months.

And again the company, Verizon for example sends out messages telling of how much data has ben used, when you are getting low. They then offer extra data for the rest of the month at low rate that will roll over if not used. They also slow down the speed on you when you get very low so that you become aware of it.

As example; I added 1 gig of data to my 4 gig plan for $5more, then  I found that was not going to be enough so I added 3 more for $15 more. I now have a plan (that I can reduce or increase as needed each month) presently set at 8 gigs a month. No wifi in use! 

I then physically hard wire ( USB cable) link my cell phone to my laptop using the phone as my" hotspot". Connected that way I am enabled to open duckduckGo and search the web, visit worthy, do whatever. No cable service needed, no wifi needed,  no satellite needed. I do have to be in cell tower range- if my phone works my internet connects.

I never connect my cellphone,  nor my computers, to any public wifi, never ever! I only use  my own secure locked password protected wifi at my city locale. It is faster than my phone when I have multiple apps open. But for viewing Worthy  using my cell phone as hotspot is quite fast enough. 

Hey if I can manage it most anyone can!!! I am not proficient with computer technology, not in the slightest. 

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

I never connect my cellphone,  nor my computers, to any public wifi, never ever! I

No. Bad plan or so I've heard. computers can be invaded and data compromised.

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

I am not proficient with computer technology, not in the slightest. 

By reading your posts, I was convinced otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Why are you jumping  to wifi?  ???

It was a test. To see if it was my house ISP or something else. Since both providers got the same results I concluded it was not on my end. 

As for using my cell phone data. I don't. Unless I am away from home and need the net for something. Like directions. 

• Thumbs Up 1