• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

7 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

But seeing what you noted, some find it very easy to see 'the worst' sometimes and criticize in a hip-shot kind of reaction. This is understandable since if they even watch ten minutes of world news, they will hear mostly pundits tearing folks apart.

I often entertain fairly deep scholars' ideas, so am quite used to in-depth concepts. Catching them before they fly over my head is difficult and has thus meant that I do not get the whole thing the first time around. I have seen how highly critical 'scholars' have messed up our brains with the evolutionary paradigm applying it to scripture (and truth). So much so that I do believe people are very reticent when it comes to stating their deeply held core beliefs. That is one (sad) reason for the many doctrines that really only serve to protect us from 'the wolves'. However the wolves look like sheep nowadays - check out YouTube, and see what I mean.

I agree that the "news" is highly destructive.  Yet highly addictive.  And people feel justified in listening to the conjecture about other people's lives without ever even thinking to apply the principles of Love to their activities.

And, I agree that there is a whole mode of scholarship that focuses on attacking each other.  I like what Paul said when mentioning the Apollos debate "learn what is meant by 'Do not go beyond what is written'" .  Especially when considering what was written when he said that.

Well said, Justin

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, lovethelord said:

Hi lftc,

(I realized that I probably should have posted this reply on your other post your referring to. But here is my own study methods).

Here is the way I read my bible, I tend to read each verse slowly and pray to God for direction. I supplement my study with the Treasury of Scripture knowledge. I also may look at other bible commentaries.  I can spend up to 1-3 weeks studying just one verse or paragraph since my goal is to get quality of understanding. I was once told that I tend to dissect the passages because of the way I study. Again, speaking for myself I believe the Bible is supernatural and powerful. I love reading it! In my opinion you don't need a self help book. I believe the Bible gives us so much loving guidance. I am constantly amazed at the unbelievable wisdom given by God. 

Thanks LoveTheLord.

I know what you mean.  I tend to study a passage intensely as well. I like to bring it into focus with all the rest of scripture (which can be difficult).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,823
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, lftc said:

I take it that you did not like the summary and choose to not click any of the icons as the way to express that.  OK.

Brother, I was under the impression that those of us who participated in the original were exempt from "liking" the summary as that would be redundant.

I think you summarized what others said very well.

• Thanks 1