lftc

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

You found the correct place to land!  BASK in that rest!  Its  the “ Abundant  Life” Jesus talked about. Kudos to you.....you have been blessed!

Btw.....if you have rested and stopped worrying about your performance and give all the credit to Christ’s Performance ......you will “ find” yourself obeying the Laws of God in a way that comes natural .Let the Legalists work hard as you do what comes naturally.Knowing you are sealed and saved no matter how great or poor your performance is does not create licensiousness......it is the ONLY thing that stirs up the Love That God desires......A love freely given by those that have the capacity to do otherwise......

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,185
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  02/19/1971

15 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

The Torah can be kept. Those who say it cannot aren't familiar enough with the Old Testament and those who did, or the many psalms singing about it - even Paul said he was blameless according to the Torah. Yes, it absolutely can be kept, it's fair and very good and Yahweh didn't design it to trick us. 

@Tzephanyahu Paul was actually criticizing Judaisers when he said he kept the Law blameless. He was basically saying they trusted in their own righteousness, but he could boast more.

Php 3:4  though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more:

He was not validating Law, he was saying he could be more confident than those “dogs” and “mutilators of the flesh”(his words)when it comes to trusting in the flesh. He summarized it all up by counting that old life under law worthless.

Php 3:7  But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.

Php 3:8  What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ

Php 3:9  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

You cannot keep the Law as it is a curse to us.

Gal 3:10  For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

If you offend in one point you are guilty of all.

Jas 2:10  For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

The Law is not of faith which is the requirement of God to be righteous 

Gal 3:11  Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because "the righteous will live by faith."

Gal 3:12  The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, saved34 said:

@Tzephanyahu Paul was actually criticizing Judaisers when he said he kept the Law blameless. He was basically saying they trusted in their own righteousness, but he could boast more.

Php 3:4  though I myself have reasons for such confidence. If someone else thinks they have reasons to put confidence in the flesh, I have more:

He was not validating Law, he was saying he could be more confident than those “dogs” and “mutilators of the flesh”(his words)when it comes to trusting in the flesh. He summarized it all up by counting that old life under law worthless.

Php 3:7  But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ.

Php 3:8  What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ

Php 3:9  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ—the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

You cannot keep the Law as it is a curse to us.

Gal 3:10  For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: "Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law."

If you offend in one point you are guilty of all.

Jas 2:10  For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

The Law is not of faith which is the requirement of God to be righteous 

Gal 3:11  Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because "the righteous will live by faith."

Gal 3:12  The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, "The person who does these things will live by them."

I demand 50% credit for this post......I would have said all these things too, if I wasn’t so lazy.....lol.....thanks for your typical Bible-Based,insightful and inspired Post.Oliver Greene is grinning from ear to ear, and, of course giving all the credit to Jesus, where it belongs.......thanks again....

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, 1to3 said:

Christ Jesus did not come to abolish the Law, He came to break the curse of the Law to ALL who come to Him and repent. He is the One who Grants forgiveness for our sins and is our advocate before the Father. As new creations in Him, we are to have a daily relationship with hHm, seek His Word and become willing to follow His Word and OBEY IT. We are to become brides of Christ, What is the nature of a true bride? =to be faithful to her groom and to have faith and trust in Him alone. In christ We are to keep our lamps gull of oil, ready for our marriage with Him.

What happened to those who let their lamps dry up without  being prepared full of oil?

Do not be mislead by false teasching that dissmiis what is written in His Word. Look to read the Holy bible anf follow it and seek, knock , ask Him and know and find to be faithful to him and His Word. that is what truly loving Him is all about,

If we do not love our groom and are not willing to be faithful to Him, our lamps are running dry and lacking faith.

I try to do the things that Jesus told us to do.......I follow God’s messenger to the Gentiles- Paul.For my Salvation I believe the Gospel in 1cor15:1-4 and NEVER  “ fall from Grace” by adding my dead works to it.I try to obey the only commandments Jesus left us with.....Believe and Love.I rest in the Gospel and it alone for my Salvation because God says  If I do not rest in the finished work of the Cross, I am loving in disobedience and UNBELIEF .I thank God for His Grace and then carry on with my life, trying to grasp hold of any His great Promises when they pertain to my life.I will finish my Walk with God the way I started it- faith!   “ from faith to faith.....the righteous shall LIVE by FAITH......I fully expect to  hear “ well done, good and faithful servant” because, like Paul..... “ I kept the faith” . Isn’t that a little presumptuous , BB? Nope. Just another example of trusting God. I am absolutely confident that He will keep His Word—- He will “ finisher the work He started” and “ save to the uttermost all of those that come to Him through Jesus Christ”.Trusting His Word- that’s how I am getting to Heaven.Are YOU  “trusting” in the Blood alone or are you “ trying” another  way that is not God’s way at all? How you are answer that determines your Eternal Fate. “ Life will be found by those that TRUST God”. Good luck and God bless.....

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Wow @saved34! I never considered those passages before! They're groundbreaking!  Thank you for opening my eyes, stopping me from become a legalist, what a fool I've been...yadda yadda yadda.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Yes.... I know EXACTLY  where you are coming from....when one puts  his heart into a long post and it vanishes, it’s like getting the wind knocked out of him......thank God, it does not happen near as often as it used to! I will probably return later to to offer verses that I think others might  want or need to see.Its hard to get your heart back Into it .On top of that , may God forgive me,since I retired, I grow lazier by the day....lol.

You seem like a very pleasant fellow.....nice talking to you! God bless...

btw.....where on “ earth” did you get that name? Lol.....

Man, when a long posts disappears it's heartbreaking. But, more often than not, the second draft usually improves on the first! 

You seem like a pleasant fellow as well. I'm looking forward to having a long chat with you in the Kingdom, if not before. 

Haha, i sometimes regret choosing it when it comes to logging in, takes ages to type! It looks harder to say than it actually is: "Ze-fan-yah-oo". It's the Hebrew name of Zephaniah. 

Love & Shalom 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Yes.... I know EXACTLY  where you are coming from....when one puts  his heart into a long post and it vanishes, it’s like getting the wind knocked out of him......thank God, it does not happen near as often as it used to! I will probably return later to to offer verses that I think others might  want or need to see.Its hard to get your heart back Into it .On top of that , may God forgive me,since I retired, I grow lazier by the day....lol.

You seem like a very pleasant fellow.....nice talking to you! God bless...

btw.....where on “ earth” did you get that name? Lol.....

Computers are mean.  When my posts get long (which is most of the time), I hit Ctrl-A (selects everything) then Ctrl-C (copies it).  Then if somethings happens, I can paste it back in.

9 hours ago, Tzephanyahu said:

Wow @saved34! I never considered those passages before! They're groundbreaking!  Thank you for opening my eyes, stopping me from become a legalist, what a fool I've been...yadda yadda yadda.

Sarcasm:

I am now distressed: do I like you because of your superb use of sarcasm, or do I dislike you because your sarcasm induced this distress?

15 hours ago, maryjayne said:

You know what? the more I read about The Law and Christians, the more confused i get - and I am of Jewish descent!!

So I am just going to stick with where the Spirit leads me, which is resting in Jesus work on the Cross, and bow out of any further discussions on this.

Bowing out and following the Spirit could be the right thing to do, as long as the question of the purpose of the Law does not hinder you from knowing, really knowing, Jesus.  He is able to save even those who have never heard of Jews.

These discussions are only helpful for people to whom the topic holds some significance in their current place along the journey.  And these discussions are only marginally helpful then. 

It is an interesting dilemma though: while it is a dry topic, the question of the validity of Law is the direct cause of the oppression of millions of people on earth at this very moment.  If you live in a "democracy", how you interact with the government controls the fate of millions.  If you live in a monarchy, your support or resistence to the rule of government effects everyone in the next generation.  Life is not safe this side of heaven.

But I just bring that up as a random thought.  I truly do believe that you have responsibility to follow the Spirit.  And I truly do believe that you can and should rest in the finished work of Jesus on the cross - with complete confidence.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,219
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Born again believers don't even see it as law any longer but rather desires that have been written on the heart....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1