• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Wow!

well...I joined because I wanted to know what folks in Christendom were thinking.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Two things.

apparently many lack a solid foundation

forums attract some from the edges.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

What is Christendom? I have heard the term, but don't understand it.

A common term that refers to a sphere where Christianity has had some influence.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Alive said:

Two things.

apparently many lack a solid foundation

forums attract some from the edges.

Alive,

Until you learn this about Forums, especially Christian ones, you will find that opposition always comes from two towers... Invariably they boil down to Lawlessness and legalism. One Promises Liberty 2 Peter 2:18-19 (Read) and bondage to sin, the other brings religion and the bondage to self righteousness. Look at the two you have commented on here with me now, one says Israel is defunct and desolate and irredeemable, the other says We must become Jews. Two opposites, Both opposed to the Way, which is by the Blood of Christ Jesus on the cross, where there is neither Jew nor Greek. This is Just like Jannes and Jambres, and you will face this when you are presenting Truth from the Word of God. Sometimes, one will ally with you, only to introduce their heresy once they have gained your trust, other times they will both oppose the Truth and Gang up on you. The way is narrow, and they will attack you from both sides hoping that you will entrench yourself on one side or the other. These two towers are Known as Dualism, and you would do well to look this up and be familiar with it.... Here is one site...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/dualism-religion/Historical-varieties-of-religious-dualism 

12 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Alive,

Until you learn this about Forums, especially Christian ones, you will find that opposition always comes from two towers... Invariably they boil down to Lawlessness and legalism. One Promises Liberty 2 Peter 2:18-19 (Read) and bondage to sin, the other brings religion and the bondage to self righteousness. Look at the two you have commented on here with me now, one says Israel is defunct and desolate and irredeemable, the other says We must become Jews. Two opposites, Both opposed to the Way, which is by the Blood of Christ Jesus on the cross, where there is neither Jew nor Greek. This is Just like Jannes and Jambres, and you will face this when you are presenting Truth from the Word of God. Sometimes, one will ally with you, only to introduce their heresy once they have gained your trust, other times they will both oppose the Truth and Gang up on you. The way is narrow, and they will attack you from both sides hoping that you will entrench yourself on one side or the other. These two towers are Known as Dualism, and you would do well to look this up and be familiar with it.... Here is one site...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/dualism-religion/Historical-varieties-of-religious-dualism 

I see you are a philosophy student.

I am familiar with these things myself, but I think what we see is not so dramatic as all that. It does help at times to frame a position, but the vast majority of folks simply don't think this deeply.

More often than not folks are driven by simple things--like a need to feel 'special'. This is the nature of 'factions'. 'We are all special, but because of my pet doctrine, I just happen to be 'more special' than you". Just basic old fashioned carnality.

Now the men that dream up these things and ride them like a gravy train? That is another kettle of fish altogether.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

Have you read Kennedy's 'Torch of the Testimony'---its a very good read.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

15 hours ago, Alive said:

Wow!

well...I joined because I wanted to know what folks in Christendom were thinking.

Yep. One thing that goes on here with a consistent basis. A whole lot of various contemplations.  

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41

3 hours ago, Alive said:

I see you are a philosophy student.

I am familiar with these things myself, but I think what we see is not so dramatic as all that. It does help at times to frame a position, but the vast majority of folks simply don't think this deeply.

More often than not folks are driven by simple things--like a need to feel 'special'. This is the nature of 'factions'. 'We are all special, but because of my pet doctrine, I just happen to be 'more special' than you". Just basic old fashioned carnality.

Now the men that dream up these things and ride them like a gravy train? That is another kettle of fish altogether.

Tongue firmly in cheek.

Have you read Kennedy's 'Torch of the Testimony'---its a very good read.

Dabbled in Philosophy, More Sociology of Knowledge. So Yes I am well aware of how the Hegelian dialectic operates and is used to corrupt Christianity.  

Yes, Many just do so to feel important, and I usually pick up on that, But then there are those that are driven by this opposition to the Truth. Because of the anonymity of the Internet, They are free to express their heart, good and bad. Things their Public persona would never say face to face they are free to express online. In this, the heart is exposed, and the motives of the heart. 

Re: Kennedy's Book, No I have not read it. I Looked up some comments and reviews on it and it sounds to me like the he is discussing the church of the Saints. Unfortunately most in Protestant circles do not differentiate between the faithful and the saints, Which is the big error of Protestantism as a reaction to the veneration of the saints by the RCC. For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. (1 Cor. 14:33)

That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. (Eph 3;18-20)

You will find that this post deals a lot with this topic. The fulness of the Gentiles being that final Unity of the Spirit that happens shortly before Jesus Returns. We may not all agree on how the events will unfold, but our focus is on Christ and the cross, and not the institutional church. There is a dream I was given that illustrates this, I was shown a church with people in the church and a preacher on the pulpit, and there was an area at the front of the church that was chained and cordoned off, like a construction site is cordoned off. This was the alter where the saints are born. In other words, the church is no longer producing saints only suckling members to keep them in a state of dependence upon the churches. The church was not created to be a nursery, But rather a stepping stone for the saints to Grow into Christ Jesus and his fulness in them, Jesus being our all in all.  

Hmmmmm?

I'm not sure the meaning behind the difference you cite between the faithful and the saints.

I do not agree with the RCC's ideas of saints.

The saints of God are the called out ones--believers. Those that are 'In Christ' by the Father. Some are more faithful to what God reveals to an individual--than others. Such is always the case. Variability is inevitable.

I agree wholeheartedly and by experience in the 'pulpit' thing. This is something the Lord showed back when I was at Bible School 40 years back after I had left off being a pastor and leaving the organized church.

Please understand--I don't criticize those brethren in organized churches. I took the course I was convinced the Lord set for myself.

I mourn at 'division' and the strength of that sense grew over the years and culminated in a dream the Lord sent.

I saw a field and in that field there were lots of dead bodies that were in pieces laying all over the field. In the dream while looking at this a word came into my mind. I didn't know the word and haven't since, but the sense of the word was things like atrocity, abomination, horror, disgust. A word that meant these things and more. It was very powerful. I woke up like a shot and said, "Lord, what the heck was that". He said. "that is how I feel when I see my Body divided".

This left a wound of sorts and the result can be imagined.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

19 hours ago, Alive said:

Wow!

Now you know.

They don't.......think.

Bottom line is that Christians and especially Protestants hate Jews and anything that smells of Jew LAW.   Every ounce of their intellectually challenged dogma is skewed against the chosen of God.  If they have to twist words and phrases and Biblical thought to their ends they will do it.  The problem is that when they get done pinning every Jew they know against the wall they forget that their forebears did it to Christ first - for crucifixion was a Roman/Gentile form of public execution, not Jewish.   How do they feel about that ancient execution?  They hold the dead guy on a stick and parade it around in their ceremonies as if the Son of God was a trophy of war.   Their Masses ceremonially murder god all over again - and again - and again so that priests can steal His power and become their own kind of demigod with authority to forgive, heal and admit or reject from a heavenly reward (provided you allow them personal time with their children).  

The church is the Mother of Harlots spoken of in Revelation and she is STILL drunk on the blood of the saints as well as God's people - Jews.   The church was AND IS the greatest persecutor of Jews in history.   Prior to WWII, persecution of Jews was common throughout Europe.   In the 1930's & 1940's the Germans, mostly Lutherans, Catholics and Baptists, murdered six million Jews simply because they were Jews.   They'd do it again in America if it was allowed and Protestants would lead the parade.

Oh but they are proud of their lies and confusion.  Try to tell them the truth and they will censor you or ostracize you from their company - because they can't handle the truth.  They are a law unto themselves and a righteous nation in their own eyes.   There is no sin among them because they justify all their hate and lies by grace, which they claim is solely their property and inheritance.

You don't have to believe me, either.  Just read their posts and you will see for yourself.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,209
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

20 hours ago, maryjayne said:

What is Christendom? I have heard the term, but don't understand it.

Christendom is an umbrella term for all Christian churches.

This includes the Roman Catholic church, which is the largest denomination, as well as the Orthodox churches, which do not recognize the authority of the Vatican.  It includes Protestants of every flavor and it includes non-denominational churches, which are not generally associated in any formal way with other "churches".   

Generally speaking, Christendom as a term refers to the entire superstructure of the religion while the term Christianity refers to a set of beliefs.

Hope this helps.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...