• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

35 minutes ago, JAG** said:

"All that" is well worth you giving it  a slow careful read. Every word of it is a cheerful upbeat positive note of Christian victory

Not really, ...I stopped reading after the first paragraph to read your summation and found the false doctrine of mega millenniums... for me to read anything else you need to show me Scripture where it states there are more than 7 millenniums as recorded in the Word before the end of this planet as we presently know it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

Dear ones, attention!

This is just camouflaged New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) doctrine and philosophy propagated by C. Peter Wagner, Mike Bickle . Bill Johnston, Rick Joyner and others...   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Apostolic_Reformation

Take heed that no man deceive you. Matt 24:4

Lord bless 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

16 minutes ago, JAG** said:

Good. Please move on out to threads more to your liking.

Only one other participant in three pages of on-going rhetoric and you invited him to leave? Wow... just wow. 1759440916_smirkemoji.gif.ec71a1b66423095c7fd962a9808076d7.gif

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

2 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

Only one other participant in three pages of on-going rhetoric and you invited him to leave? Wow... just wow. 1759440916_smirkemoji.gif.ec71a1b66423095c7fd962a9808076d7.gif

Go figure. :unsure:

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

7 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Dear ones, attention!

This is just camouflaged New Apostolic Reformation (NAR) doctrine and philosophy propagated by C. Peter Wagner, Mike Bickle . Bill Johnston, Rick Joyner and others...   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Apostolic_Reformation

Take heed that no man deceive you. Matt 24:4

Lord bless 

you have no clue.  there is  HUGE difference between the NAR - "Kingdom Now" mess than what this thread is talking about.  Not even in a similar ballpark.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.39
  • Days Won:  16

There is an interesting thing about the mathematics of demographics.   Until recently, in almost every previous age, the  total number of humans alive  on the planet at any given time has been roughly equal to the number who have already died.

Now we are at a point in the exponential function such that the number currently alive is beginning to consistently exceed the number who have passed away  in all of human history.

And  there is an end time harvest of souls that will see more souls won before His return than have been saved in all of human history.  He will likely  have to sweep away Laodicea before we will be able to bring  it in, most of those think He's going  to rapture them out  just when the need for harvesters is greatest.  Matt 24 tells a different story.

Satan has not beaten God at anything and he's not going to end up causing God  to lose more of those He loves than  He ends up gaining fellowship  with for eternity.

Even so Lord Jesus, come quickly.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  2

And I thought I was verbose at times.  :)    I like @Jostler's summary.   Few realize that most of the humans who have lived are alive today.  

I've observed a tendency among many evangelicals to have a remnant type of mentality that only a few will be saved and eschatological beliefs causing them to circle the wagons to hold out until Jesus returns.  There are some verses that make it appear that only a few will be saved.  However, there are others that make it sound like a huge number.

There are currently some huge growing Christian movements that go far beyond a remnant.  The pentecostal movement started about 1900 and the charismatic renewal movement in roughly the 1960s.   At this point, there are about 3/4 of a billion pentecostals and charismatics world wide in a movement which has grown primarily through conversions rather than birth rate and is likely to pass a billion world wide in the upcoming decades.   This is an unprecedented growth rate for any movement in just over a century especially given that it is not geographically isolated.   I'm wondering now too what type of Christian movement is currently starting in the muslim world.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, nzkev said:

few there be that find it.

We can know for certain that the "few" of Matthew 7 was describing the situation

that existed only in the first century at the time the Lord Jesus spoke those words.

How can we know this for certain? Simple. All you have to do is merely read just

one New Testament verse, namely

Revelation 7: 9-12

"After this I looked and saw a multitude to large to count, from every nation and tribe and people and tongue,

standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches

in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation to our God,

who sits on the throne,

and to the Lamb!”

And all the angels stood around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. And they fell

facedown before the throne and worshiped God, saying, “Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanks

and honor and power and strength to our God forever and ever! Amen.”

Note the phrase that says, "I saw a multitude to large to count."
Note the phrase that says, "from every nation and tribe and tongue."
Clearly Christendom is going to be huge-enormous in numbers before
human history comes to an end.

Moreover, there are several other verses that say the final number

of the saved is going to number in the trillions. Those verses

are in this thread. All you have to do is read my posts in this

thread. You obviously did not take the time to read my posts in this

thread before you made your response. This entire thread certainly

and absolutely refutes the notion that only a few people will be saved.

You will need to actually present arguments (reasons) explaining how

"I saw a multitude to large to count" really means I saw just a few people.

Then present actual arguments refuting all the other verses that you can

easily find in my posts on page 1 and 2 of this thread.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

25 minutes ago, GandalfTheWise said:

I'm wondering now too what type of Christian movement is currently starting in the muslim world.

That's a little difficult to assess. They have a rather poor survival rate once becoming vocal about it. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  541
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I am looking for serious responses from people who will take the time to actually read

what I have written in this thread and come to grips with my points. I am not interested 

in responding to nonsense and little snippy remarks and cartoon emoticons that are 

roughly at the third grade level of maturity. 

For example why don't you write me a post and tell me what you think about Genesis 22:17-18

and Hebrews 11:11-12 (both are down  below). 

What do you think this means?

"I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the
heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore"

And what do you think this means?
(From Abraham and Sarah) "came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore."

After reading Genesis 22:17-18 and Hebrews 11:11-12, do you think the Bible teaches that only a few people will
be saved?

Take a look at Genesis 22:17-18
God said to Abraham, "indeed I will greatly bless you, and I will greatly multiply your seed as the stars of the
heavens and as the sand which is on the seashore . . . and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be
blessed."

(1) stars
(2) grains of sand on the seashore
(3) all nations of the earth shall be blessed through Abraham's descendants. (In Romans the Apostle Paul
teaches that the Christian Church is the spiritual children of Abraham.)

Compare: Hebrews 11:11-12
By faith Sarah, even though she was barren and beyond the opportune age, was enabled to conceive a child, because she considered Him

faithful who had promised. And so from one man, and he as good as dead, came descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as countless as the sand on the seashore."