• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Neighbor said:

Further I did opt to build an apartment within my own home that was utilized by one family member for some 14 years til their death, and then it was used by other family with some housing need for a long time too. Now I am the old geezer, the family patriarch, I guess. No one is older  in the family than me that I  know of.

Hate to go further off-topic here, but I do find that very admirable. My mom took care of her parents until their passing, and I assisted as much as possible. Then years later, my mom was under my personal care when she became unable, and till just several months prior to her untimely passing. It seemed to be our family tradition and obligation that could have been carried on, but didn't quite work out that way, unfortunately. Oh well. Sorry for messing up the thread. :b: 

Edited by BeauJangles

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

8 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, I don't know if I  I  buy into that premise or not, for whose "face" is on the potential electronic transfer? Is it our Lord's?  Such a payment or transfer will not be coming from Jesus nor His church body will it? Is it not  from a caesar or type of politburo, and will it not designated to be used as the confiscating giver decrees with limits also placed on how it will be used? Won't it be a government asset/power and to be both given  and also taken under it's regional civil bureaucracy demands on how it is utilized? It will not be  from a gathering up among the saints and given to a suffering church body, but instead it will be confiscated from one  person and distributed to yet another without so much as a prayer or praise to God for  or from either. 

Reference for consideration: 

"Matthew 22:15-22 English Standard Version (ESV)

Paying Taxes to Caesar

Then the Pharisees went and plotted how to entangle him in his words.  And they sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, “Teacher, we know that you are true and teach the way of God truthfully, and you do not care about anyone's opinion, for you are not swayed by appearances. Tell us, then, what you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?”  But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, “Why put me to the test, you hypocrites? 19 Show me the coin for the tax.” And they brought him a denarius. And Jesus said to them, “Whose likeness and inscription is this?”  They said, “Caesar's.” Then he said to them, “Therefore render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's.”  When they heard it, they marveled. And they left him and went away."

and,

John 18:33-38 English Standard Version (ESV)

My Kingdom Is Not of This World

So Pilate entered his headquarters again and called Jesus and said to him, “Are you the King of the Jews?”  Jesus answered, “Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about me?”  Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered you over to me. What have you done?”  Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.”  Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.”  Pilate said to him, “What is truth?”

After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in him.

Plus; if it were from our Lord via his own flock as guided by the Holy Spirit I think it would be in the amount perfect for the real need of the recipients and intended for the use of the recipient's daily need, not to pass on to God without receiving significant personal  benefit. God does love a cheerful giver.  I think that also presumes a thankful to God recipient, not one that states no no I cannot accept that  I will pass it on to my Lord.

"Manna" is to be gathered, and consumed. Seems to me such a program will not be manna, won't even be a free handout, but instead will be yet another restrictive  plot to further enslave the already dependently enslaved. The cost of everything  used by end consumers will go up for the taxes will also go up on all products and all businesses and all people that are left paying taxes, and at the end there will be little or no benefit to anyone.

Personally I have found it is my God that ultimately provides both what seems good by me, and  also seems bad at the time but leads me to where God will have me to go. So maybe it will of God after all -

Just  thoughts to ponder for my own consideration.

1 Timothy 6:17

Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy.

Everything we have ever earned, received, or worked for is a direct gift from God. And that includes money.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

20 hours ago, Repose said:

I think I'd use it for gas money.

Yeah, $1000.00 would pay for my gas for a year and then I'd have the other 11 months worth to do something good for some folks who have only the $1000.00 to live on.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  953
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,585
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, missmuffet said:

Everything we have ever earned, received, or worked for is a direct gift from God. And that includes money.

You sure you do not have Barry Obama and God crossed  up in your mind?

Berry said it was all him and not of ourselves that we have anything that we never did anything ourselves.

• Haha 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

You sure you do not have Barry Obama and God crossed  up in your mind?

Berry said it was all him and not of ourselves that we have anything that we never did anything ourselves.

I am sure. Everything comes from God and that includes your prosperity and money. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,314
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

20 hours ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm a little confused whether the OP is indicating one thousand a month extra to one's income to live on, or if this is the total amount given to make ends meet. If extra, it would mean quite a lot to me, and there's so much at this point that could be accomplished

Yes, the $1000 would be extra....in addition to your income.   Although this is not a political topic, Andrew Yang would like to do this.

That's about $226,000,000,000 a year. Roll the printing presses.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, missmuffet said:

Everything comes from God and that includes your prosperity and money.

Then it also includes  poverty and despair right?

My own prayer is one borrowed. May I not be so rich as to have no need of God, nor so poor as to despise Him.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

6 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

May I not be so rich as to have no need of God, nor so poor as to despise Him.

Sounds about right.

Proverbs 30:7-9 7Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die: 8Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: 9Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.  KJV

Matthew 6:11 11Give us this day our daily bread.  KJV

• Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

That's about $226,000,000,000 a year. Roll the printing presses.

BTW there are only about 114,000,000  individual income tax payers.

Seems to me some of us come out losing money on this freebie to everyone scheme. Or perhaps the evil corporations get to pay it eh? And they will pass it on at the WallyWorld self check out lanes. Goes around comes around with a smack upside the head near as I can tell.

This appears not to be a gleaning of the fields  but instead a  con and then skinning of the workers of the fields.