IGNORED

Any Benny Hinn fans out there?

AgnosticFront84

Guest museltof

Te question is asked: Are there any Benny Hinn fans out there?

Well, I hope not too many by this point since Christians are encouraged to move forward in Bible knowledge and in spiritual discernment!

museltof

UK Apologetics

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,091
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

It looks like this is the same old thread from a few months ago.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  183
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  03/31/1968

Im not a Benny Hinn fan by any means. Some of the things he teaches are not scripturally valid.

That said, why are you posting this Agnostic? You seem to be spending a lot of time trying to tear apart our beliefs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ahem...

PLEASE READ:

I just want to clear a few things up. First of all, I am not here to belittle, mock, or offend Christians. I do not hate nor despise born-again Christians. My parents are born-agains and I love them very much. I do realize I am on your turf and my goal isn't to be as offensive as possible and live up to the stereotype of a non-believer. I study different religions but mainly focus on Christianity because I know it best and was the religion of choice in the location where I grew up. I am very open-minded and even open-minded to the fact that I may again be a born-again Christian. (highly highly doubtful, but, who knows?) If I offend anyone I'm deeply sorry and please accept my apologies. Before running straight to the Mods (it's already happened my first day here) please PM me and let me know you were offended and I'm sure I'll apologize. I may come across a little sarcastic at times, but it's just my nature, I've always been that way. I hope this clears things up a little

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I am sorry about is that you have chosen to allow the deceiver to make you believe that because there are opportunistic people out there who lie, cheat and steal (beginning with him) and you might miss a chance at salvation.

Christians are not perfect we were sinners when we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Saviour and will sin continously until the day we die, unfortunately that is our nature.

The difference though between true seekers and liars is that true believers feel bad, repent, ask for forgiveness and try and try again not to commit the same sins...

What is in our hearts? God knows... Until then we will continue to live for The Word in the hopes that someone who is not saved will be watching us on a good day and come to Christ because of the light they saw in us on that given moment.

Will Benny Hinn ever know this? Does he know it? Will he ever get it right? Is he really saved? Only God knows...

and Thank God for His Word that we are smart enough to turn our faces at such people and continue on the uphill road that leads us to Salvation.

I pray that you will one day see The Light and understand once and for all that being Christian doesn't mean you're perfect.

We are all a work in progress.

In Christ,

Lorry

Something to report...

About a month ago I was in the airport waiting for a flight and I was sitting next to a gal in the terminal. She was reading a book, as was I, and curious me looked over to see what it was. It was Leonard Ravenhill's book "Why Revival Tarries." Well, I own that book so I looked over to here and said, "Why Revival Tarries?" Great book. I was just trying to get a conversation going with another believer. She looked at me and said, "yes, it is." We then got to talking and she told me that her Pastor was Benny Hinn. She then went on to tell me that God wants everyone to be healed and that it is just people's lack of faith that is keeping them sick and that "people are so skeptical" and that Pastor Benny "has raised many people from the dead." At that I was like, "who?" I wanted names. :emot-hug:

I then shared what I felt about sickness and disease as it relates to this mortal body. This corruption. This mortality. She then quoted, out of context, the below as PROOF that God wants to heal our sicknesses:

...and with his stripes we are healed.

I told her, "you only quoted the latter part of that passage. Taken in context, the passage is about "healing from sin. Specifically, from the consequences of our sin."

Isa 53:4 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

She didn't want to hear it and she probably wrote me off as "another skeptical unbeliever who will remain sick."

It's very saddening the web of deceit that Hinn spins around his followers. He twists this awesome passage about Christ healing all of our sin and turns it into a springboard to "plant a seed of faith with a love offering."

Any Benny Hinn fans out there?

If there are, they are probably in the high end range like this one http://shop.standardequipmentco.com/10Expa...tCode=FAN30POAK :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zayit, I gotta admit that was a good one. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

Robert Tilton has a great 1/2 off on all healings sale going on right now. Plant your seed of faith today!

Dan

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

Let God deal with him. :emot-hug:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Let God deal with him. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would hate to be in the shoes of Tilton and the rest on Judgement day! :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  775
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  11/12/1987

I don't like him.

but.

We (me and my twin) were flipping through the channels, and stopped on him, just to see what kind of charades he was doing that day. and lol. This woman was "blind out of one eye" and she was "healed" so, he made her cover up the good eye, to prove the "bad eye" was good, and he said, try to touch my nose, and went running all over the stage and the woman gladly chased him.

now. me and my sister?

we were in the floor laughing.

:blink:

On a serious note. I think it's sad how many people buy into it.

On a positive note. I seriously believe that God is working and moving among all of Hinn's crap. People can and are being healed, redeemed, and saved, despite his errors and bologna.

Guest iamsoblessed

i personally dont believe in tithing to a television pastor or church..your tithes should go to your local church except for someone who isnt able to leave their home..a love offering of course is different but should be chosen wisely..i just dont want to give at all when i see gold thrones and ornate stages and chandeliers and hosts wearing designer clothes, expensive jewels etc..God will be their judge...