Nadjeschda

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Atheist take great care to make a point that they are not one bunch of people. Indeed one can classify them a bit into those that mainly base their disbelieve on science and those that mainly base their disbelieve on the problem on evil.

But this is not a technical problem, it might be a serious character difference in many cases! For example I run into a man today who presented himself as a disbeliever of pure sience and math and than said: I don't believe in God. I am GOD.

What you see here is narcicism in it's native form. I judged this man unsavable and aborted any attempts to mission because his soul does not have the depth to understand what Jesus does. For such people Jesus will always be a weak nutter. They identify with the strong and as the strong. Science yields very powerfull invention and can lend a feeling of intelectual superiority too if you have a good grip on it - so they identify with science and beeing "rational". Serious problems of grandiosity, lost souls as I said. Believe means that you humilate yourself before god and aknowledge your sins and imperfections, it has nothing to do with grandiosity.

If someone mainly argues in contrast about how unjust the world is, and this precludes a good god, chances are high that you have run into a person with an extraordinary high empathy (the opposite of the man described above). And his or her empathy can be higher than that of the average Christians, believe me. I read the testimonys of narcicistic christians and they frankly scared me.

The atheist HSP is in contrast the born seeker but there is a special trap behind that too: people who feel strongly can get extraordinaly angry about issues of social justice - and they see Christianity to be such an issue. They will give you a short time before that anger breaks their attention span. I am just watching a documentary of a German Christian which is called "blood trail of the church" and which proposes that the organized church is and always was the devil supressing real Christianity. I hence sort of can understand the general arguments this anger is based on.

If you have run into an empath atheist do not approach him from a position of moral superiority but listen closely to his criqtique. In reality only those that can feel strong can have strong faith too so in this person lies hidden an etraordinary chance for Christianity. To have trust in a god that allows such evilness and suffering IF you really have the mental capabilities to empathically understand suffering is a much stronger form of believe than people who touch suffering only superficially because they are superficial.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  645
  • Content Per Day:  0.37

1 hour ago, Nadjeschda said:

I don't believe in God. I am GOD.

What you see here is narcicism in it's native form. I judged this man unsavable

Just a couple of points. Deism, which started out in the 17th century as a belief that while God exists he is not active in the world or peoples lives has morphed over the years to a belief that we are each our own God. Eerily similar. You say that you judged the man in your narrative to be unsavable. I prefer to share the Gospel with everyone at every opportunity and let God decide who will and won't be saved.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,597
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Nadjeschda said:

I judged this man unsavable and aborted any attempts to mission because his soul does not have the depth to understand what Jesus does.

Wow! All I can say in sorrow is wow.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am a saved born again  believer and follower of my Lord and personal savior Jesus.

I was an adult atheist, fully confident in my knowledge that there is no god of any kind.

Many individuals over many years had tried to enlighten me. I denied their testimony.  But God is faithful. He answers prayers from  his own flock.  One day the Holy Spirit through an angel just up and told me "Enough! No more debate, make up your mind there is no future opportunity." Ah, I made up my mind in a hurry, a real hurry.

Yes it was God alone that turned me about to my repentance of my own sin against Him. BUT I remember the testimony given by every person that  took the time  to love me by sharing of our Lord and savior with even this most profane of sinners and denier of Him.

I pray for each of them, thank them for showing me the way of saints, those that love the unlovely as they do themselves.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

38 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I pray for each of them, thank them for showing me the way of saints, those that love the unlovely as they do themselves.

Well said and well done. We are constantly assailed by second-hand thoughts and ideas that sometimes we latch onto for want of a better raison d'etre.

So called 'others' atheist or whatever often do not think too deeply and I have noticed a tendency by some to 'plug in' and prevent thought. God knows who we are - all of us. He is not about to let Yeshua die in vain and He bends over backwards to 'draw all men unto Him'. We believers cooperate with God and speak our piece when called upon and let Him do the rest.

Edited by Justin Adams

35 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

I am a saved born again  believer and follower of my Lord and personal savior Jesus.

I was an adult atheist, fully confident in my knowledge that there is no god of any kind.

Many individuals over many years had tried to enlighten me. I denied their testimony.  But God is faithful. He answers prayers from  his own flock.  One day the Holy Spirit through an angel just up and told me "Enough! No more debate, make up your mind there is no future opportunity." Ah, I made up my mind in a hurry, a real hurry.

Yes it was God alone that turned me about to my repentance of my own sin against Him. BUT I remember the testimony given by every person that  took the time  to love me by sharing of our Lord and savior with even this most profane of sinners and denier of Him.

I remained quiet and polite. But the sentence „I am god“ stresses my patience hard, I am not an angel. Now you seem to have been saved by direct revelation and something similar happend to me. But I remember the words only of those Christian I admired for their life style even when I was atheists. They lived humble and dedicated much of their work to charity.

1 hour ago, unworthyservant said:

Just a couple of points. Deism, which started out in the 17th century as a belief that while God exists he is not active in the world or peoples lives has morphed over the years to a belief that we are each our own God. Eerily similar. You say that you judged the man in your narrative to be unsavable. I prefer to share the Gospel with everyone at every opportunity and let God decide who will and won't be saved.

I tried to share but he was not interested. You are right that judging is the wrong method but I wanted to dedicate my time to something more positive.

23 minutes ago, Nadjeschda said:

I remained quiet and polite. But the sentence „I am god“ stresses my patience hard, I am not an angel. Now you seem to have been saved by direct revelation and something similar happend to me. But I remember the words only of those Christian I admired for their life style even when I was atheists. They lived humble and dedicated much of their work to charity.

Hi. I have met some who have said "I am Jesus", "I am God", in my travels and bond-servant service. Some very difficult and violent too, our own service comes at some risk to the flesh for sure, but hey what value is this flesh anyway? 

God provides though, He provided the perfect words for me when  one such  lunatic was threatening to kill a fellow saint/teacher and some class members.

I propelled myself forward, bear hugged his far bigger mass than me, and said, "Hey lets go get a giant bottle of Orange crush, what do you say, just you and me and then I will take you  to the home before everyone else and you can have it all to yourself."  That wisdom evidently came straight out of the book of Probes.

This beast of a man  forgot his anger and stopped  his attempt at attack, said "Orange Crush?"  and we got in the church van. I bought him that bottle of soda and took hm to the care home and told them what was up.

Never know what one is going to come up against. Just have to go through it as best one can including the challenge of those that say "I am God". Why really, I did say that myself "I am my own god". I didn't attack anyone over it, but it was my own response to those that said you have to believe in something. I didn't buy that statement from any of them. I relied upon myself totally, and so I was indeed my own god. In my mind it was so. God showed me otherwise.

I credit many for having shared of our Lord, but most of all my grandmother who prayed for me daily for years and years till her death which occurred before God turned me about- He was and is faithful to His word. He answers prayer.

All I can encourage is don't give up on anyone as long as the grace from God given to you allows to to pursue sharing the gospel of our Lord and savior.  Don't give in, nor give up. Pray and pray and pray, share and share.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  667
  • Content Per Day:  0.38

Nadjeschda,

I don't see the need to classify atheists. Instead of thinking which Atheists should be ignored, the goal should be to treat everyone who is not a believer with gentleness and respect. We all know that you cannot argue someone to faith, however we can plant a seed and see where that goes.  Jesus says there are those who plant and those who harvest.  Any little bit that you do for God's kingdom is recognized by our Lord Jesus. The bible gives examples on when to shake the dust off our feet and move on and how to handle those who ridicule the gospel and have no need to hear the message. However, if you happen to speak to someone who is completely uninterested and even rude, we don't know that that person will remain in that same attitude at a later time. God through trials or life can bring about a complete change of attitude for that same person and wake them up to wanting to know about the gospel message and accept God's grace.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

540127934_download(3).jpg.09e2149d89814ab57212a59757abd1e3.jpg

• Loved it! 1